C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile . Previews below.

Posting schedule [ET]:

Wednesday: Chapters 62 and 63, 9-11am or 4-6pm [probably earlier rather than later but going Christmas shopping in the afternoon wink ]

Friday: Chapters 64 and 65, 1-3pm

Sunday: Chapters 66 and 67, after 3pm

Previews

Chapter 62
~~~~~
Clark
~~~~~

I was being a heel.

I knew I was being a heel.

I didn't care that I was being a heel.

That made me even more of a heel.
Chapter 63
~~~~~
Lois
~~~~~

I stood watching the bustle and breathing deeply as I did.

"Can I help you?" came a voice behind me.

I turned with a smile. "I'm just looking."

That grin should be illegal. "I'm sorry, miss. Employees or those with business with Planet personnel only."

"Well, I'm Planet personnel as of about five minutes ago."
Thanks!
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DAMN YOU, CLARK JEROME DAVIS KENT! [Linked Image]

He's a stupid, abject, obtuse, insensible, selfish, jerk, brainless, despicable, disgusting, rotter, ignorant and all the bad adjectives on the dictionary. Feel free to add to the list. [Linked Image]

I had hoped against hope that the birth of the baby would snap the jerk out of his sickly fixation. But now... I have no hope anymore. This execrable Clark has no salvation. This is the more abhorrent version of Clark that I've ever read in a fic. mecry I DO HATE Clark and what he is doing to her. [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
First off, thanks Carol for the previews! It'll help me tide me over till the next chapter. Do you have a sense as to how many chapters are left?

I agree with Andreia. I don't think I have ever read a story where I disliked Clark this much. The more you write him, the more I hate him. That's not to say stop writing, but I'm so pro-Lois at this point, that I'm starting to think she's better off without him. Wow, I can't believe I actually feel that.

Clark's behaviour is causing Lois distress. I can't believe that after the delivery, Clark didn't even hold the baby except when declaring him name. You would think that by giving the baby the last name Kent, Clark would grow some attachment to Chris.

Lois deserves better and so does Chris. I think the reason Clark did this is simply cause it was the noble thing to do. But, if he wasn't such a lunkhead, he would realize that pretending to be a father is probably the least noble thing a man can do.

Carol, make Clark better. I don't think I can take this much Clark hatred.

grinch

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Carol, you're a real meany laugh

Okay, I really don't have much to add after Andreia's eloquent FDK. She knows so many more adjectives than I do blush

So I'll just summarize: Clark talks too little. Because every time he thinks, I want to hit him. Kick him. Send him to Trask in a K-lined box. When he's silent and standing around, I don't feel that all-consuming urge quite this much. Please let him hit more. I really do want to learn shadow-kick-boxing laugh

So glad that everything went according to the Lane-gameplan; you can't really say right what with Clark being there.

Michael

PS: Do you happen to know the difference between these two pictures?
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/ignores Michael's question

That said...

It's only been 6 months, not a year, but yeah he's being one of the those pics of Michael's...

My DS was born 30 days early and looked just fine. The only problem he had [which, admittedly, turned out to be exceptionally frustrating] was that the valve between his esophagus and stomach wasn't fully developed, but there's no guarantee another few weeks inside would have helped. I also know one woman in particular who literally went from the beginning of labor to a baby [no Braxton-Hicks or anything] in under 2 hours for her first baby.

I do hope that by 63 he's starting to redeem himself.

We've got a while to go - but I promise that Clark isn't this much of a [see Michael's picture] for most of it.

Carol [who is glad the previews helped someone wink ]

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
/ignores Michael's question
blush I just couldn't help it blush Clark got me really angry blush

Originally posted by carolm:
But not too fast, yes? hyper

And since I'm finally able to think about other things besides Clark's resemblance to certain parts of a horse's anatomy... You know, Carol, your story really does block logical thought during FDK'ing huh

Is your little one's fever down already?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Oh! Yes! He's doing much better. Fever broke late Sat night and he's still not quite himself - sleeping a lot and his refusal to eat anything but Pediasure has led to yucky diaper rash, but other than that, he's doing so much better!

No, I don't think he can redeem himself quickly. I think it *has* to take time or it's not believable [assuming a baby in a spaceship who can fly is believable]. You can't screw something up as badly as he has and fix it overnight. For Lois to just accept an instant 180 on his part wouldn't be in character for her either.

Thanks smile .
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Michael, where did you get those perfect Clark's pics? [Linked Image]

I DO hope so, or on the day after Chris's fifth birthday, when Clark gets his so dreamed divorce and Chris ask him why he's leaving, he'll probably tell him:

"Hey, brat, you should thank me. I couldn't be with my lifelong love for five years because I was being noble and putting up with your mother to keep you safe." Chris's lips start quivering. Clark shakes his head. "You're a spoiled child. How can you be so selfish after all that I did for you?"

[Linked Image]

Oh, and Carol... Congratulations on the NANO! [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/shudders/

I know Clark's been a brat, but I don't think I could write him saying that. Now, Tempus saying that on Clark's behalf, or Lex saying that if he was in something resembling Clark's shoes, maybe but not virtually any incarnation of *Clark*.

Carol

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
sigh. i don't think my heart can take this angst! and i don't understand how clark thinks he can ever get lana back (or why he'd want to at this point - she really ticks me off). he is being insensitive, and i am not excusing him, but they're what, 18, 19 years old?! hope things get better soon, REAL soon. do you have any idea how many more parts there's gonna be? eagerly awaiting the next post....

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can understand why he told he parents about the Navance situation, under the circumstances. And he probably feels that he already told Sam anyway. But he really should have said, "I'll have to ask Lois first." She specifically said she didn't want people to know.

But then, he doesn't feel a lot of real loyality to Lois right now, even though he does feel protective. But still...And that to Clark's list of sins. wallbash

I'm glad the birth turns out okay. It would be nice if Clark felt an attachment to the baby after he was born, but in all honesty, I don't think it would be very realistic.

And even thouugh I'm mad at him for still looking foward to when he can divorce Lois, I will stay it again. I DON'T WANT CLARK TO STAY MARRIED TO LOIS JUST BECAUSE OF THE BABY at the end of the five years. (Or even think he has to right now.)

I want him to stay because he loves Lois. And if that's only because of the baby, it doesn't make sense, even if the baby really IS HIS. (Still hoping it's not, but I'll read anyway.)
There are plenty of couples who love their children but not each other, so while it may be PART of falling in love, it can't be the reason. Second, like I've said before, Clark could easily try to force himself to love Lois under these circusmstances.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record every time I say that. I also know no one else sees things the way I do. I understand that, and your intitled to different viewpoints.
But you can force yourself to fall in love with someone if your not careful. In popular culture it's sometimes called "falling in love with falling in love." My mother tells me she did that with my father. But there are other reasons why people do that besides falling love with falling in love. Guilt, desire to be good to a child, etc. are all good reasons why this happens.
I had to be very careful that this didn't happen to me, so I know what I'm talking about.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I didn't tell them that after five years, I'd be free to try to fix things with Lana.
What a tool. And thank you for the previews! I'm glad he knows he's being a heel! I gotta keep reading to check on Lois, until Clark stops being a horse's behind about all this. goofy

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad to hear, Carol smile

Andreia, I guess I was just lucky with google wink

Also, Clark should probably begin to check up on these if he is actually going to try and turn things around with Lois
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
After about a year of pampering and groveling, he might even be allowed to sleep at the footend of the bed instead of the half-rotten doghouse on the other side of the estate. jump

Something else that just occurred to me before I decided to look forward to groveling. Clark is actually being a total sociopath in his relationship. That's what's been bugging me for so long. He completely does NOT care for the feelings of others.

Michael

Kerth
Kerth
Glad that the birth went well. Although I'm really disappointed with Clark. I mean, I can understand he's not happy with the situation, but I think he should make more of an effort. Right now, Lois is the only one in this relationship who cares. But Clark? He's becoming more and more of a jerk. mad

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't think Clark deserves any more chances. I think Lois is better off without him (despite the threats from Nevance).

Best possible scenario at this point is to stage Clark's death and have him establish a new identity somewhere 1/2 way around the world where he can obsess about Lana to his hearts content - alone. Give Lois her freedom to marry someone who will care about her and the baby before Clark can do any more damage. Clark's so fixated on having the same kind of relationship as Martha and Chris (lifelong sweethearts) that he doesn't realize that Jonathan and Martha also have a very loving relationship and that he could build something very meaningful and wonderful with Lois if he'd give her a chance.

Family is so important to Lois and Sam that I think they can handle things together. Besides, Lois can take care of herself. Clark *says* family is important, but it's all talk. Don't even get me started on the whole birthday fiasco when he expected to have sex with Lois just because Lana is ... splat

BTW, I know a lot of people hope that the baby is Clarks', but I don't. I think if you do keep them together (and it sounds like you will), that Clark needs to do some very serious and very quick growing up. If he hasn't learned basic decency from Martha and Jonathan by now (not to mention Nana and Pop Pop), then it's doubtful he'll ever learn. But to have him learn to love the baby that isn't his biologically would show more strength of character than having him realize it really is his baby, so then he'd *have* to love it.

Besides, I don't think things'll work out that way (with Clark as biological father). I think Mindy set up the rape to destroy Lois and that the perp was Nevance's nephew to begin with. Any genetic test would show a link to Nevance and the playing field (i.e. Sam) would be clear for takeover.

From part 7:
I called her name, softly then louder. I saw someone jump up from behind one of the couches and take off at a run. I thought about going after him, but I was more concerned about Lois as she wasn't yelling at me. If I'd interrupted something, she'd have been on my case.

"Lois," I called softly. I heard a groan and walked around the couch. There she was, struggling to sit up.

A flash out the window caught my eye, but I didn't see anything when I looked more closely.
I keep thinking about the "flash" out the window and wondering if it was a camera. Admittedly, the picture captured Clark and Lois together and not the perp, but several people out there know the truth. I think Mindy is one of them and she deliberately lured Lois to Latislan with the intent of getting Nevance to trap her there under Latislani law.

Regardless of how I feel about Clark, I'm sure you'll continue with your story as you see fit and that starting in a couple of chapters will try to pump some redeeming qualities into Clark. Me, I'm still hoping that Lois'll throw him out on his ear. Bring on part 62!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am certainly looking forward to the Redemption of Clark Kent. His sole-minded focus on Lana has gotten quite tiresome. I groaned out loud when he was wish-thinking that it had been Lana having a baby instead.

So both Lois and Clark are rather let down by the birth, which is sad. While I didn't expect Clark's behavior to turn around immediately, I expected the birth to have more of an effect than being 'cool.' I guess I expected him to understand the innocent little life that he had vowed to watch over. It amazes me that he could turn his feelings off so much that he's unaffected. He didn't even *hold* him until his parents came around. I'm about to file divorce papers and send them to Lois myself.

Sara mentioned that she was the only one who doesn't want LnC together because of the baby. I don't think she's the only one. I certainly don't want Clark to stay 'for the child's sake' and I'm sure that there are others who feel the same. I would like to see Clark develop feelings for them both, but I don't think he necessarily has to be married to Lois while that happens. *Especially* given the way he's been acting. If he's going to drag his feet, moan, groan, and complain the entire time, then he's not really helping anything. I'd like to think that Martha senses some of this as well, and that her 'Be careful' warning was about his investment in the family more than the Navance threat.

BJ brought up not wanting the baby to be Clark's. Here I disagree. I understand (to a point) why Clark hasn't even given recognition to the *potential* that Chris is really his. The biggest reason is his denial. He *looooves* Lana (and is delusional, IMHO). Another reason is because of his heritage. That there is a whole 'nother bag of cookies. Are humans and Kryptonians compatible... etc.

While I agree that having him learn to love a child that is not biologically his would be a major evolution from his current self, I think that the realization that he's mistreated his own child (by acting selfishly, etc) would be a huge awakening for him, and a huge opportunity for self-growth. I know that Clark has been down a lot in the fic--he's kinda been cornered into a lot of things that weren't his choice--but I don't think we've seen him devastated yet. It's contrary to what we naturally align with Superman, but to me, Clark has been acting much like a victim. Even his noble and heroic actions have seemed to be half-hearted and more role filling than a conscious desire to do the right thing. I'm waiting for the real Clark Kent to show up... and if he has to feel a little pain to get there, I'm all for it. I believe there was a mention to the pain of staying the same needing to be worse than the pain of change, right Carol? wink

I tried not to read the previews because I'm impatient enough as it is, but I failed. The Daily Planet! It sounds like Lois will finally have something to be happy about... maybe. That bittersweet birth day (for Chris) makes me sad.

~S (who is fortifying herself to make it through another waiting period)

btw- glad to hear that DS is feeling better.

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmmm, wow, what previews, Carol! As for the Lois preview, are you telling us that Lois might in fact be about to fall in love with someone else? Someone who works at the Planet? I can't really believe that it will turn out all right if she does - after all, she is meant to be with Clark, I'm sure! - and since the only other Planet employee that Lois has ever fancied herself in love with is Claude, I shudder to think who the person with the illegal smile might be! At least the smiler didn't speak with a French accent. But what if he's an agent of Navance's? At least I'm glad that Lois is going to work at the Planet. Please let Perry notice her and like her the way he usually does!

As for Clark... yes, he's being a heel. Already. We don't have to wait for part 62 for that. And I guess it's not news that I'm critical of Clark, because that happens so often, but I have to admit that this Clark's behaviour isn't like his usual lunkheadedness. Usually, he falls in love with Lois, gets frustrated that she prefers the 'super him' over the 'real him', and resolves to pull the wool over her eyes and make her fall in love with the real him, who, unfortunately, isn't the real him.

But this Clark is very different, because he was never in love with Lois, and he seems to resent her more and more the longer the story goes on. While canon Clark was diligently laboring to make Lois his, although under false pretenses, this Clark can't wait for his marriage to Lois to be over.

Well, I still want things between Lois and Clark to work out eventually, because I so believe they are meant for each other. And I totally and completely want Christopher to be Clark's baby. Let me put it like this. Lois and Clark are fictional characters, and what's the use of them having kids if they don't have their kids with each other?

So how long will it take for Clark to shape up?

Probably won't happen until 64....

When he\'s sixty-four

So parts 60 and 61 felt like post-partum depression. I noticed that neither Lois nor Clark looked much at their son (of course Clark is in complete denial about the fact that it is his son). All Lois could see was that Chris looked like a California raisin, and all Clark could see was that it wasn't his son.

Well, I'm waiting for Clark to get his act together. At least by the time he's sixty-four and Chris presents him with his first grandchild! (Or maybe even his first great-grandchild, if Christopher gets started as early as Clark did! goofy )

Ann

P.S. I, too, loved those pictures, Michael! One of them was a picture of Clark, I suppose?

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I'm guessing the other was me then, but I'm going to continue avoiding the question...

I'm assuming Lois at least spent more time looking at him, etc off screen...

Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Can't say that equine backside reminded me too much of you, Carol... wink

Glad your little one is doing better!

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hehe - thanks Ann.

Was just thinking that Michael's not feeling too kindly towards me at the moment...

wink

Carol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard