Features Writer
A
Comments?

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
wallbash

I feel sorry for Superman but really... how hard is it for the fastest man alive to maintain distance?

Yay for Lois seeing the cracks too...

Anyway... poor Clark but at the same time... Superman is in far worse shape mentally than he knows... I really wonder what's going to happen at the end... and I still have my suspicion =P

Sara "Lieta"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What is the problem with these mixed memories? That's the heart of the problem.

And I don't see how Clark will even WANT to put on the suit after this. The suit now represents someone who has betrayed him. So Superman is going to have to stay. And he will find it harder to resist Lois.

Of course, I still think the attaniable Superman is not the answer, and Lois will start to change her mind pretty quickly when she realizes he is no longer "unattainable."

But that still doesn't answer the question of how Superman will EVER get home.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Sara K M:
And I don't see how Clark will even WANT to put on the suit after this. The suit now represents someone who has betrayed him.
Not putting on that suit is a good thing. This Clark's fear of exposure and the modern facial recognition software mean a mask is necessary.

So he can create his own suit, nothing at all like Superman's, and begin living his own life.

Ironman's costume would do well. He could let everyone think it is the suit not him.

Framework4
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks for the comments Sara, Sara, and Patrick!

Sara - Apparently it's pretty hard for SM to create distance. He is trying, but he's sort of a miserable failure right now, I know.

Sara - It's interesting, my thought processes took me in a similar direction as yours, but ended up in a different place. Clark does feel very betrayed, but his actions may surprise you.

As for Lois... well, you'll just have to wait and see.

Patrick - You've been gunning for a different suit for almost the whole story, haven't you?

I think that's all I'm going to say about that lest I give away too much.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Nancy! I really loved those parts. But I do have to ask: Are you and Carol conspiring on making Clark look like a horse's rear? Boy I so want to hit him. Is that unhealthy? Aside from the injury-danger due to super-strong hides, I mean?

And Luthor certainly won't know what hit him. I mean, come on, insulting Lois. Does the man really know this little about his non-fiancee. I mean, sure, he's arrogant and stuff, but at some point even he must have realized that Lois isn't someone to be trifled with. He should have just made her disappear. dizzy

One thing I noticed in part 55 but completely forgot to mention. Luthor introduced himself as Alexander Luthor instead of Lex Luthor. What was up with that, given how he sure must love the alliteration of his shortened name.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Hi Michael,

I don't think Carol and I were conspiring to make Clark bad (well, I can't speak for Carol, but I wasn't), but I don't think it's coincidental either.

I was writing the end of this story as Carol was writing OTOH probably about where she is now in posting and I was feeling pretty annoyed at Clark from OTOH and I felt that carry over to my writing. I didn't mean it to, but it was hard. I mean, Clark was being such a jerk! And it was hard sometimes to remember that it wasn't my Clark that was supposed to be the jerk, but Carol's.

I tried to tone it back slightly, but clearly, some of my annoyance at Clark came through.

And yeah, it was pretty stupid of Lex to think he could just push Lois aside, but I see that as one of Lex' weaknesses. He's arrogant and thinks he can do whatever he wants. In the past, that's been the case. He's just never tried to cross Lois Lane before.

So the Alexander Luthor thing. I debated that since it was clearly an unimportant change to the script, but it just seemed to me that Luthor was such a pompous jerk when he got to the Planet and all high and mighty about how he had saved everyone's future. In my experience, men (and women) who are feeling self-satisfied and superior tend to balk at nicknames. Plus, it also gave him a way to look more approachable to the staff of the Planet - first he introduces himself as Alexander, but then tells them they can call him Lex. Isn't he such a nice guy?

- Nancy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard