carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Posting schedule [ET]:

Monday: Chapters 60 and 61, 1-3pm

Wednesday: Chapters 62 and 63, 10-11am or 4-6pm [probably earlier rather than later, but going Christmas shopping in the afternoon...]

Friday: Chapters 64 and 65, 1-3pm

Thanks smile .
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

"You've barely talked to me for months and suddenly, because it's my birthday and I figured I should probably go with the whole quasi-sexy nightgown thing we talked about before we moved on the first night in our new room, you think that I'm suddenly ready for you to jump me? Or was this just supposed to be some sort of 'thank you' for a first edition of your favorite book?"
*snort*

"What exactly was that and don’t patronize me by saying that I was irresistible or some other nonsense like that."

I shrugged. "It's your birthday, I didn't get you a present, you gave me a late present so..." Those thoughts had gone through my head as part of the rationalization process, but those weren't the real reasons. I couldn’t let Lois know that though.

"So you thought that *you* could get laid since you didn't get me a present?" she asked with a raised brow.
*chokes*

"If you ever try that with me again, it damn well better be because you want to make love to *me* not because you want to imagine what your wedding night would have been like with Lana."
NO *way*

You want to make love to me someday? To *me* because your feelings have changed, that's a possibility
no *feakin' way*

The whole kid-thing was so great and I really loved the pillow-wall. Talk about a Great Wall to surmount.

For Lois:
[Linked Image]
Weird hope: Clark could actually give her one of those to say he's sorry laugh It's either that or I'm going to hand Trask my bat and my shoes and lock him up with Clark up in a small room. That immature jerk makes me so angry right now.

Off to reading part 59 now, Michael

PS: Do the NCIS-fanfics also explore deep feelings and stuff like LnC fanfic? Because Lois might want to give Clark a few of the fics to read. Might help his social skills.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I was extremely angry with Clark because of the way he behaved in part 58. He flatly denied that he had called Lois Lana, just as he flatly denies that Lois's baby could possibly be his. And he had the nerve to suggest that his using Lois to imagine that he was having sex with Lana was in fact a way of giving Lois a birthday present!!!! Where is the 'strangle Clark' gremlin? clap I really think the lunkhead got parts of what Lois was telling him through his thick skull!

And now Lois is having her kid!!! Oh, wow! And you had to stop right there, didn't you? How can I survive until Monday?

Ann

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, on to part 2, err 59:

Here I was thinking about nothing bad at all, except how I wanted to show Clark my new crystal I bought at this fair from that young woman. She's from Smallville, too, perhaps he even knows her. It's really shiny, all glowing and stuff. And then you pull this bummer on us:
If I *ever* got my hands on whoever it was that drugged me...

I would kill him.

Literally kill him dead.

This *hurt*.
Why do you *have* to bring Navance's nephew and his insidious ways back? Just when I had been ready to forget that sorry episode and told myself this is Clark's kid and Lois wants to hit Clark like any good woman in labor does, you punch us in the gut razz

Still...
Clark had looked for a minute like he was willing to hold my hand or something and if I thought for one minute that I might be able to make him feel even a smidgen of the pain I was feeling I might have taken him up on. But since he was invulnerable... There was no point.
*snicker*

"That's the epidural," I told him, another tear escaping. I felt something unfamiliar and told him so. He pushed the call button on the remote.

"Can I help you?" came a voice out of it.

"Lois' water just broke," Daddy said.
Sam's really matter of factly laugh

"I guess so," I said, shifting slightly. I closed my eyes. Something felt weird again and this time it was just Clark and me in the room. "Something feels weird, Clark," I whispered, tears filling my eyes again. "And not good weird."

He pressed the call button repeatedly and I could only wait for someone to come in and tell us what was going on.
Nonononononono You're doing it again. Get back here, Missy. I *mean* it hyper

PS: Carol , stop snickering like that. And FYI: The Chinese Water Torture got out of style decades ago. Not Cool.

PPS: Yes I did check the boards every couple of minutes till 10am ET.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oy. Oy.

Okay, Lois hit a home run in 58. I know the circumstances aren't want anyone planned in any example, but if Clark is going to compare himself to the wonderful fathers he had...notice they didn't mark down an escape date. They just took it one day at a time.

And the Lana thing...it doesn't matter whether or not Clark can remember saying it...sometimes you just have to eat crow in a relationship and apologize till you're blue in the face. goofy

I'm worried! I felt something was off with the baby, too...and now Lois says something's weird! It doesn't matter what else is going on right now; it's time to win or go home, and Clark needs to step up to the plate here.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
At first, when they were shouting at each other, I was sort of happy. I know it's weird given the circumstances, but then, they were finally talking. Unfortunately, that's the best that could be said about the whole episode.

So, let me get this straight: Lois is *bigger* after eight months of pregnancy than others after nine months. The child is one month early. Hmmm. I know I mentioned my theory of a super-fast development before, and this seems to be in character. I bet the child is fully developed, too. Should give both Lois and Clark someting to think about.

So, what has Lois feeling so weird - in a bad way? Is the baby coming aready? Will it come out with its feet first? Or is it some sort of discomfort the child projects telepathically? Or maybe the pain med wasn't actually pain med and Navance had something to do with it? Argh!!!

Come back here! wildguy wildguy wildguy

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just thought of something else after reading Mellie's reply:

What if something happens that forces Clark to actually take a look and stuff. After all, you did make it perfectly clear that that was the last thing Lois wanted. And so, according to fic-writing-rules, its what has to happen to her, right? jump

Michael

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done. Delighted to see Lois read him the riot act. Very well said.

"I guess so," I said, shifting slightly. I closed my eyes. Something felt weird again and this time it was just Clark and me in the room. "Something feels weird, Clark," I whispered, tears filling my eyes again. "And not good weird."
Not good I thought at once of Clark's cousin who is selling Kryptonite jewelry. And wondered if there was anyway one of the staff could be wearing some?
Then thought but Clark is not feeling anything. But
person will have to sign a waiver that says that if he – or she – passes out
Now if someone is wearing something, and it effects the baby more than it does Clark? Perhaps a nurse with a pendant? She would be directly about Lois with the pendant hanging close to the baby? Clark much further away....

Or perhaps a ring on someone's finger...

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
She pushed against me again, this time so hard that I actually had the wind knocked out of me.
Lois is really strong...

I'm so glad that the shouting match happened. Normally, I wouldn't be cheering for a couple to act dysfunctionally, but in this instance, this was a step in the right direction. I was hoping that Lois would finally address his behavior. Clark seems to be at least thinking a bit more, even if his actions haven't actually changed yet.

Ann said:
But Clark actually said something that made me realize that the whole sorry situation isn't 100% his fault, only about 95% his fault
I agree, but I think I'd have to amend the percentages and give 99.89% of fault to Clark. Lois had already done her part in not retaliating with the birthday present. She could have kept the gift to herself once she realized that he hadn't gotten her anything. *And* she's pregnant and hormonal. If we are looking to defend Clark, there *might potentially* be a possibility that Kryptonian men suffer some symptoms when their partners are pregnant...

Yet another evil place to leave us, Carol! *sigh* So not fair. Lois is in labor, only she and Clark are in the room, and something feels weird--and not good weird!! I can't wait until Monday! Surely Lois can't wait until Monday! Here's an idea: you can post tomorrow. I won't complain.

~Sonia
(who wonders if Clark's going to have to play catch seeing as baby Chris is a bit impatient)

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I really enjoyed these two chapters.

I was so mad at Clark the last chapter that I was anxious to see whether he would say something and make all that hatred go away. I was kind of hoping for him getting down on his knees and grovelling...

I think the talk between him and Lois was needed. Clark's head has been wrapped up in protecting Lois and the baby, that I really don't think he thought of bringing another person in the world and taking care of the baby long-term. Clark's had such strong male role models, that it's kind of weird that the baby's not in the forefront of his mind.

I'm thinking that this weird feeling that Lois is having is due to the baby's half kryptonian genes. Perhaps if the baby is his, Clark will quit whining and start acting like a grown up with a wife and baby.

Monday's so far away. Could you add previews at the end of every post, so that we readers can have a glimpse of what's to come? laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another great couple of posts Carol. I wanted to smack Clark, but 1)it's impossible because this is a story, and 2) if it were possible, it would really hurt my hand.
I'm with Grinch525. A preview of what's coming sounds like a good idea to me. Are you sure you really need to make us wait until Monday for our next fix, I mean update.

~Mel~
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay... Preview... wink

Chapter 60
~~~~~
Lois
~~~~~

I opened the box and found a cheeseburger and fries with ketchup packets and a piece of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

I started with that.
Chapter 61

~~~~~
Clark
~~~~~

"Clark, are you sure there's enough room for all of us?" Mom asked.

I chuckled. "Yeah, there's enough room."
Is that what you wanted? /innocent eyes/

Carol

Edit: Michael [and others], sorry about the late post - meant to mention this in the story post - DS is still sick. Doing better tonight, but was still 104+ [that's 40+C for the rest of you] this morning.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I have to say, as pro-Clark in this story as I am I was pretty mad at him in the last two chapters.

I honestly thought when he started getting romantic with her in the bed in the previous chapter that he was half alseep. Therefore, even though it really hurt Lois, it wasn't really his fault. (because you can't control what your saying/doing when your asleep.) But even though he hadn't meant to say "Lana" he was trying to have sex or at least cuddle with her because he was mad at Lana for having sex with someone else! mad mad mad

Okay, I admit under the circumstances, in a way it's understandable. But he's still belittling what should be a very special relationship and turning it into a form of revenge? wallbash
And Lois did absolutely NOTHING to deserve that!

Lois also has a good reason to be upset at him since they were in Smallville. Honestly, I hadn't thought of that being the reason. But I really should have.

And Clark's still patting himself on the back for doing the "right thing" even though he's still counting on divorce. Lois is right, that's not right for the child.

I do think Lois should have cut Clark a little more slack, even though she has a right to be angry. Not just because she didn't talk to him but
"I told you something I've never told anyone else, and you've never even mentioned it. Do I repulse you that much? Does the fact that I'm an alien really revolt you?" I didn't really think that was the problem, but it made as much sense as anything else because I had no clue what else it could be.
Clark is really afraid of what people will think of him when/and if he tells them this. And since Lois hadn't talked to him since then, it makes sense that he's a little worried about that.

On that note, I remember Carol said we would find out what Lana thinks of aliens at some point. If she's not impressed with them, maybe that will help Clark realize their relationship would have never worked, anyway.

And I don't think it matters whose child it is at this point. (I admit, I'm still hoping it's not Clark's biologically.) But that doesn't really matter. Clark will be considered "Daddy" from when the child first comes out.

I do think if Clark finds out that it is his at this point, he's likely to withdraw further from Lois because he's going to feel more guilty, though.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've been hating Clark for a long time in this story, but my hate for him came to a top in these parts. [Linked Image]

He is such a big, spoiled, bratty, immature, selfish, ignorant jerk.
Ditto. [Linked Image]

I hate his childish behavior, his self-pity and his endless wailing. He's a loser, a moron, a stupid teen with a Lana-clogged-brain!!! [Linked Image]

"You've said about fourteen words to me since we left Smallville and you think that, without resolving whatever it is that's bothering you, that's making you avoid me, you can suddenly have sex with me?"

"You haven't said anything to me either," I pointed out.

"You haven't been home."

She had a point, but that wasn't the point.
Lois's reasons are never the point for him. She hadn't got him a birthday gift because she didn't now when was his birthday, but that wasn't the point. She couldn't talk to him because he wasn't home, but that wasn't the point. AAAAARGH! [Linked Image]

And she was lying there and in the back of my head all I could see was Lana and Tim in Chemistry, when they'd been partners and they'd always seemed to get along so well. I'd even been a bit jealous until Lana assured me I had no reason to be.

I'd pushed the thought of the two of them to the back of my mind and thought of other rationalizations for what I suddenly wanted to do.
Jerk! Jerk! Jerk! [Linked Image]

She stood up and headed towards the door. "You want to get back at Lana, insinuate to her all you want, but don't touch me. You want to scratch an itch and that's it? Take a cold shower or fly to the North Atlantic and swim laps with the whales or whatever the Kryptonian version of a cold shower is. You want to make love to me someday? To *me* because your feelings have changed, that's a possibility, but don't ever try to use me as a substitute for your ex-girlfriend again. If you think you can keep your hands to yourself, you can come back in. If not, find another place to sleep."
Yes, kick him out! [Linked Image]

I wasn't ready for this. I wasn't ready to be a dad to a baby that wasn't mine. I wasn't ready to be a dad, period. I hadn't even slept in the same room with Lois the last few nights. If I had, I probably would have known that she couldn't have slept well. Not if she'd been having these contractions for a couple days already.

I didn't think she realized I'd been sleeping in the nanny's room, but when it was finally done a few days earlier, I couldn’t take the frostiness of ours. I'd been in there for a couple weeks when it was time to watch some TV or when we were avoiding the other family members, but after Lois snapped at me two nights earlier... I'd decided sleeping in there was a good plan for now. Looking back, it was probably early labor that had made her short-tempered, but my sarcastic comment about her nightgown when she'd gone downstairs to get a drink hadn't helped, I was sure.
If he keeps being such a childish and immature teen, he'll never be ready to be a father. I HATE this Clark! I've got a kryptonite laser to shot him. [Linked Image]

Poor Lois. frown She had a horrible time during her pregnancy and worse yet in the last month. There're lots of people hating her (Navance, Mindy, Lana) and threatening her and the baby. The only happy moment was the baby's first kick, and even this was ruined by Cruella's presence. She spent most of time crying, alone and upset, with a husband that wouldn't talk to her and would spend all the time sulking and thinking about his ex-girlfriend. A husband who is counting the days to get a divorce and go back crawling to his ex. All the stress must have taken a toll on her and on the baby's health. razz Lois'd have had a more peaceful pregnancy if she were alone; Sam'd have taken care of her safety and she wouldn't have had to live this hell Clark's put her through. grumble

Please, I can't wait till Monday! grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
From part 56:

Sam looked thoughtful. "Would U. S. courts actually do that though? Would they let Navance take the baby of two married American parents?"

"Jill and Daniel said no, but would you want either Lois or the baby to live through that nightmare? Court dates and paparazzi, publicity. Always being branded as 'that kid'. How many people still remember Elian Gonzalez?"
Yeah, that would be bad. But I think it would be better than making the kid live through *this* nightmare. And if Sam ever finds out more, I think he would be inclined to agree.

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
can you just promise me they kiss and make up? please?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am enjoying this story... as you know...

But I'm having a hard time believing this Clark IS Clark. He's acting so..... I dunno... like a 9 year old????

Lois is hormonal, and he's wallowing selfishly... what gives???

I'm hoping going through this will help him grow up, grow a pair and help both of them figure out how to move forward.
I can't help but wonder what is wrong with the baby.... having been there a month before bub is due myself... you really do feel unprepared...

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Kerth
Kerth
Uhm, you remember me claiming that it's normal behavior to check the boards repeatedly for the next part, just in case you post early? blush This was the second time today...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
LOL! You're too funny!!

And so just for you...

I'll post as soon as I can get them ready...

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard