Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
No this can't be the end. It's too good. Has too much potential. Just 2 more chapters. One breaking it off with Lex. and 1 with "the perfect ring"

doublel

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Bethy!!!!

Loved the story. I'm repeating everyone else when I say how much I liked the conversation with Martha. It was so perfect -- "Marry your best friend". Of Course!!!!!

I also loved the fly to China and get dinner line. Really cute!!

Barb.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I thought part one was superb, but this was even better. You have such a natural way with the characters, Bethy, that it doesn't feel like reading a story at all, but simply being there and watching them live out their lives.

Again there was that marvellous thread of pure gold humour running through it all and a solid sense of characterisation which made it all a pleasure to read.

And then we got this:

For a moment, their souls touched.
<snuffle>

Waffy, sweet, funny and just wonderful.

<happy sigh>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
B
Bethy Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Oh, my goodness gracious. smile1

Although, a common point seems to be the fact that Lois didn't return the ring to Lex...I should've known y'all would be smart enough to pick up on that. Shucks. Now I'm going to have to write that sequel. wink Actually, I was honestly not planning a sequel, then I decided to try because enough of you asked for it, but hated it even as I wrote. Then last night (in the wee hours of the morning when I was supposed to be asleep, naturally), I had an idea. And I like it. So keep a look-out for...dum da dum dum...Clark and Lex's reactions. laugh Coming soon (hopefully) to a message board near you.

Gabriele -- great point about Jonathan's reaction to Lois calling. I'll work on that bit before I send it to the archive. Thanks.

Thanks again, you guys! I'm so glad you liked it!

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I actually decided to wait and finish some other stories before reading this one, but then - just last night - I just had this really weird feeling... Small words popped into my mind. "Engaged", "Kaethel", "Happy Tuesday"...

Now, if there are some things I know about Kaethel, is that if you're going to give her the best present, you start off with BatP/HoL! laugh

And... If "Engaged" + "Kaethel" + "Happy Tuesday" = BatP/HoL - then there is also...

... LEX!! thumbsup

Pelican smile

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow Bethy -- THIS IS GREAT!!! smile1

S (who can hardly wait for the sequel now!! hyper )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What all the other FoLCs said and then some!

This was great, Bethy, I just love your writing style. I'm quite envious. smile

Now go and un-engage Lois and Lex, asap! evil

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful story. Truly delightful. I loved the way the fight went and the whole change of mindset thing.
*Since when have I thought of him as Luthor?* Lois wondered. She
hadn't noticed the shift, but now she realized that Clark's habit
of referring to Lex by his last name felt more comfortable. It
fit him.

Framework4
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard