Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
peep

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ouch.

How can Superman survive this? And even if he can, how can HIS MARRIAGE survive the fact that he spent so much time thinking about someone else? You know, I just had a thought. Do these mixed memories have anything to do with the time Superman kissed Lois?

And, of course we have the famous park bench scene. That had to be hard on both of them.
Clark, for obvious reasons, of course. He's watching his best friend fade away from him, as well as the woman he loves. And she grafitating to someone he knows is evil. And then she tells him she's not in love with him.

I have to say I feel more sorry for Lois at the park bench scene, though. She has to tell her best friend she's not in love with him. She knows that's hard, but she also needs to stay true to what she believes her heart is telling her.
This is probably based on my expriences, though. I've never been rejected, so while I can sympathize with Clark, I can't really feel his pain. But since I have had one of my best friends in love with me while I wasn't in love with him, I CAN feel Lois's pain. On one hand, you want to be true to yourself and not belittle love, so you can't lie and tell that person you are in love with them. On the other hand, he's your best friend, and you don't want to hurt him. And you want to keep him as a friend.

Of course, we all know that Lois IS really in love with Clark. But I really believe she doesn't see it right now. Notice how she didn't hestitate when. she told him she wasn't in love with him? (In canon or in this story.)

Lois tried to school her features. She did not want to hurt him, but that was unavoidable. Pulling her hands gently from his grasp, she stood up. “I love you too, Clark.” One look in his eyes, and she could tell he already knew where she was going with this. “You’re my best friend and the only partner I’ve ever actually liked working with. But… I don’t think of you that way. I’m so sorry.”
And then we have Superman kissing Lois again. "I love you, too." Double ouch. Of course, he does prevent Lois from saying yes...but I still don't see it as a good thing. I still stand by the explanation that Lois isn't ready to love someone attaiable, yet. By making Superman attaniable, it could blow up in his face.
And like I said before, this is going to hurt his marriage.

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Hmmm.... I have a suspicion.... maybe I'll email you about it.. not that I expect an answer =P

Anyway... interesting twist... this could go really bad really fast... can't wait for more! OMG only 7 chapters left!!!! eek

Sara "Lieta"
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
wildguy Evil writer wildguy

It doesn't matter if Clark declared his love for Lois, she still wants someone else. And since there is indeed someone else, Clark won't have the fire in his gut from knowing he pushed Lois into Lex's waiting arms with his crude mistreatment of her as Superman. That if he had simply said yes it could have been different.

This Clark has been rejected but doesn't get to screw up by rejecting Lois in turn. Without that added fire he wouldn't get it in gear and Lex won't be arrested.

As for Lois, well now we know why you have Visiting's memory so messed up. There is no wait he can deal with her now without her seeing how he feels.

As I see it either he

• gives in and marries her
  • does not go to see her
  • tries to tell her nothing can be but makes a mess of it
  • Lies to her face about his feelings

Lois is not going to react as did Canon Lois.

Frankly I think if Visiting does come to see Lois he will sweep her into his arms and fly away with her.

At that point Zara can arrive and haul this 'Verse's Clark off to New Krypton.

Oh and maybe in time we will discover it was Tempus posing as Herb that dropped Visiting into this 'Verse to help.

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm still assuming there will be a happy end so I'm not all that scared.

Okay, now that that's out of the way:

Lois actually told Superman-Clark to cavort away dizzy Okay, Superman-Clark clearly has lost even this memory of Lois and replaced it with the fake one from this Loisverse.

Lois said no to Luthor? Boy, she's so dead huh

How about about posting the rest now, Nancy? Or not, otherwise I would not have time for other stuff laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part. I am glad Lois told Lex no. I am also interested how all this will resolve itself. I am still puzzled as to why Superman is not only forgetting his wife but rewriting his memories. Is there is something going on that we have not figured out yet? - Tempus, universe leaping, Wells, dreamuing, none of the above?????

robinson
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
I have to admit, I'm somewhat pleased with this. I was expecting a lot of tomato throwing and "how could you"s, etc. So, I'm pleased that no one seemed to think that Superman is acting completely out of character. Of course, since you all seem to think he's insane, maybe he can do pretty much anything and stay in character. wink

Sara - I've been on both sides of the Lois/Clark situation, sort of. I've never been in love with someone who wasn't in love with me, but I do think I have cared deeply for people who didn't feel the same way. On the other hand, I've had two male friends tell me they were in love with me when I didn't feel the same.

I think how painful being the person not in love is ends up being partly dependant on the situation. I felt badly for the first guy, but honestly, he was not a nice person. He was nice to me, but pretty much no one else around us. And so while it was hard for me to tell him I didn't feel the same way, I moved on pretty quickly.

The other guy was a situation probably more like Lois and Clark is supposed to be. He was a close friend and a great guy and it hurt terribly to have to tell him I didn't return his feelings. I felt like I spent as much time thinking about him during the time he was in love with me as I ever had with any boy in the past because I was constantly worried about him and hurting for him.

Still, while it was an incredibly painful experience, I'm not really sure it was any more painful than the times I felt rejected (when I really cared) and since I wasn't in love those times, I imagine it would have actually felt worse if I was.

So, I did feel more for Clark here. This is hard for Lois, but she's going to turn around and declare her love for someone else in a few hours. And if he says no, she's going to marry the third(?) richest man in the world. It may hurt her to hurt Clark, but she is going to move on pretty quickly.

All that Clark has to look forward to is seeing her with Luthor or Superman. whinging

As for what's going to happen with Superman's marriage... Well, there's only seven more chapters left to find out, right?

Sara - I still won't tell you if your suspicion is correct. smile But yes, this could go badly very fast.

Patrick - Perhaps for the first time, I have to say, one of your guesses about where this is going is actually correct. Of course I see... eight possible guesses of where various parts of the story are going and I won't tell you which one of them is correct. :p

And I have to admit, I think I like being called evil.

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Okay, I am clealy a very slow typer. I just saw this and thought - I don't think there were 6 posts. Turns out, while I was responding to feedback more came in and I didn't notice. So, sorry, Michael and robinson! I wasn't trying to snub you. I promise.

Michael - I don't think I'd take SM's memory of his wife to say it's okay for him to cavort with Lois. First off, remember, his memories are wacky right now, so as you pointed out, he could have made that up. Or, he didn't, but she still didn't say it was okay with her if he had a relationship with this Lois. Just that she would understand if something happened. Not clear what she thought that something might be or how understanding she'd be in the end, but...

Yeah, I would agree with you - and not with Superman. I'm not sure saying no to Luthor is ever a good idea.

I could post the rest now but... I have to be honest. I won't. :p I've gotten spoiled with having lots of good buffer and as I'm currently posting faster than I'm writing, I need the help...

robinson - Haven't you seen everyone else's posts? The reason Superman is rewriting his memories is that he's insane. laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thought so about the not seeing smile

And for the cavorting: It's much more fun to draw things to the extreme in FDK, don't you think? thumbsup

Hm, but 7 parts means only one more week. I'm sure you could finish it over the weekend jump

Michael, who has now real understanding of the concept of 'buffer' himself. Something I will have to fix for 2009 cool

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Over the weekend. I think can do that, Michael. You mean next weekend, right?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, next weekend. The one where only part 62 remains to be posted on Saturday... Evil person, you :p

Michael

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Actually, I think I'll be posting 62 next Friday. See that - even earlier than you were expecting!! laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
jump jump

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
grumble

Overall, I concur -- you are evil. Looking forward to the next parts.
BJ

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I wasn't expecting an answer, lol... just wanted to spin out my theories!

I really am interested in how you conclude this...

Sara "Lieta"
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks, BJ!

In Lois' defense, she did get a little suspicious at the end. But remember, Lois' perspective is different than ours. Most of us probably watched the first episode with enough Superman mythos knowledge to suspect Lex was up to no good. But Lois doesn't have that background and up to now has thought he was Metropolis' biggest benefactor.

As for the kryptonite cage... well, things will be pretty different from here on out, I can assure you, but there are a few things from the original scripts that will still be included. Whether or not the k-cage is one of them... I guess you'll have to RAFO.

Sara - I didn't think you expected an answer. Which enabled me not to feel too guilty in not giving you one. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard