Print Thread
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
jawdrop

Shocking turn upon shocking turn.... keep it coming! I can't wait to see where this goes!

Sara "Lieta"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, that was amazing, Nancy!

I can see Clark sharing his secret with Lois precisely because she isn't drooling over his alter ego, and because she is really nice to him as Clark. And because she trusts him as Clark, which she proved by telling him about her mom.

I love it, but I really am beginning to feel sorry for Chad!

Ann

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
One of the things that bothered me about SR was they made Richard such a nice guy, a lot like the Clark in L&C.

You've made Chad a nice guy. So, what evil bad thing is going to happen to him?

I assume it will be Lex Luthor doing or arranging the evil deed....

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, I wasn't expecting that turn of events.

I too am torn between Lois having a nice and decent relationship with Chad. He seems like a nice guy. Their relationship seems to be strong as well.

The only way I can Lois and Clark getting together is by killing off Chad. You're not really going to do that are you? wink But, then Lois will be heartbroken and will need Clark to comfort her...

Can't wait to see where you take things from here.

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I wasn't intending for Clark to tell Lois his secret this early either. That was originally much later in the story. But the story wasn't really all that well planned out and then Lois was just so nice... Like I said in the last feedback thread, I found that this nice Lois caused all sorts of changes. This was one of them. Like Ann said, she just had the right mix of compassion, trust, and lack of interest so that Clark felt like he could trust her.

There's also a little bit of what went on with Clark and Lois in OTOH. Carol has Clark explaining that it was actually easier to tell Lois his secret (although still clearly much harder than for this Clark) than it would have been Lana. The same is the case here, too. By being happily married and not a romantic interest for Clark, Lois makes a good confidante as long as Clark doesn't need to worry about her publishing this. She has limited ability to hurt him and has shown herself to be someone who is unlikely to do so. As opposed to Rachel, who he loves and thinks would accept him, but would hurt him much more if she didn't.

Sara - I will warn you that I don't think there are too many other shocks of the type that I've posted so far here coming. That would be hard to maintain.

Ann - No need to feel too sorry for Chad yet. I promise that while everyone in this story will go through some hard times, he'll be okay.

Patrick - No Lex Luthor evil deed. Sorry. Lex is only mentioned briefly in this story and only then as a fun day trip idea. He actually doesn't live in Metropolis, nor is he evil. But then, remember, this is a story where Cat is one of the nicest girls in the newsroom and Ralph is a hard worker. While Lois is the character whose change we can see the most, she is not the only character who's different than we're used to.

grinch - While I'm not going to tell you where things end up, I promise that none of they key characters, including Chad, end up dead. Poor Chad died in a rock climbing accident in Visiting Clark's world in Triangle and died in a car accident in Triangle Clark's world. He's a nice guy and I felt badly repeatedly killing him off. So while I can't deny that the idea occured to me, I finally decided I wasn't interested in writing a story where Chad died again.

This, of course, leaves the possibility that he's not going anywhere. Perhaps, Lois, Chad, and Clark will start a 21st Century marriage to each other. (Rachel, too?) laugh

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Perhaps, Lois, Chad, and Clark will start a 21st Century marriage to each other. (Rachel, too?)
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nancy, you're so bad. 21st century marriage. That's so Martian (as in Home - Mars) clap

And Luthor won't be evil? Wow. So that's why there's no shuttle crisis and stuff. This really is the twilight zone. Which means, Perry is the root of all evil in Metropolis. Or perhaps Chad doesn't really work at as a resident evil

So enjoying this. I'm even inclined to forget the LnC1 bond thing for a few seconds while reading. Something bad will still happen right? Because there is no way somebody would write a LnC1-story where they just end up as BFFs laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Really, Michael? Are you sure no one would write a story where Lois and Clark just ended up friends? I'd be surprised if there isn't already a story like that somewhere on the archives.

I like the idea of Perry as the root of all evil in Metropolis...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard