Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Pics of the house are below but are spoilerish if you haven't read OTOH 54/55 yet so keep that in mind. The links are to bigger versions in case you want a closer look smile . I'm finding there's a *very* fine line between way too small to read anything and too big. If these are too big, let me know.

Posting schedule [ET]:

Thursday: Chapters 56 and 57, 1-3pm

Saturday: Chapters 58 and 59, 10-11am

Monday: Chapters 60 and 61, 1-3pm

[Linked Image]

Exterior

[Linked Image]

Main Floor

[Linked Image]

Second Floor [The apartment for M/J/Granny is for when they visit - doesn't imply they're moving but that's mentioned in 56 iirc...]

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Holy moly! I have worked at a castle before but I have never lived at one! And this place looks nice! Sam, care to adopt me? Honestly, how can only 2 people live there so far? What a waste of space.

I am glad Lois and Clark took him up on his offer and I am relieved that Mindy will be gone. I doubt though that she will be out of the picture completely. Does she know Navance by any chance? I don't want to give you any idea though. <g>

Now Lois and Clark will have to start talking. What is going on with them??? I really thought their stay in Smallville made them see each other's needs but nada so far. I want to know about that email.

Come back here and post the next two parts! Please! I am going on vacation on Saturday and will be gone for 10 days. How will I survive with no fix?

Natascha (admitting she spent the last half hour online waiting for Carol to post)

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
wow, nice digs. is it an addiction or obsession when you're checking the boards constantly for more parts? loving it, but would love to see lois and clark talk more and i keep on getting these odd dark feelings about impending doom...maybe i'm misreading?

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Natascha - Sam has done some stuff with it besides just the 2-4 of them living there, not a whole lot but... he does try to make it serve a purpose. We'll learn more about it eventually. And check your email!

I tried to make it look less castle-y but it was the only floor plan I could find and my editing skills are limited wink .

Sorry I made you wait I was playing with the pics trying to get them right... wink

Carol

Merriwether
Merriwether
Whew, nice house! I'm jealous, too. laugh And yay for Sam having a backbone around Mindy!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Kerth
Kerth
Once again two very lovely parts. Only one objection: When will Lois and Clark finally start talking to each other?

Originally postet by sarahg:
is it an addiction or obsession when you're checking the boards constantly for more parts?
If it's carolfic you're checking for, this is normal behavior. Trust me on this. hyper

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm glad Sam seems to be getting rid of Mindy. I hope she really does leave, or they could possibly be in more danger than they were before.
(Of course, that's assuming that Mindy is actually involved with Nevance in some way.)

Navance is coming next week... huh

And maybe Lois is upset because Clark wanted to talk to his parents by himself. It's perfectly understandable, given that they're HIS parents, and all he wanted to do was show them HDHTB. (Nice reaction on their part, btw.) But he didn't tell her that, so maybe she felt left out, especailly because of her pregnuacy hormrones. Or maybe I'm way off base here. huh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL, where did you get these floor plans from? I love them. (And that also means I've been spending way too much time in archaeology class looking at plans of things that don't exist anymore.)

Clark got an email, and that's why he's shutting himself off? Who or what would be able to threaten him like this?

And Navance is coming?

And what's going to happen with Mindy?

?!

Awful lot of questions popping up. :p
Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Um... I googled. A lot. And went on lots of house sites who thought 'big' meant 4000 sq ft with 4 bedrooms [uh... hello?! Okay - that's big, but not really practical for a big family which is what I was looking for - lots of bedrooms.].

Here\'s one place I found it. It also has a copy of the basement plans but I don't remember if I didn't like them or why I didn't really use them - or if I found it on a different site that didn't have the basement. It could be that the pic isn't all that good and that I don't really like some of the rooms - I don't know that Sam would have a wine *room* and might have more bedrooms down there or something. /shrug/ It looks like it might even have an elevator which I never saw on the main floor... Or maybe that's what's across from the laundry on the main floor... And the lap pool is kinda cool... And ditch the fountain...

Note that I ditched the main turret and would have liked to have gotten rid of more of them - at least the pointy-turret-y parts...

Hmmm... may have to work some of that in... think how much fun kids could have putting a play on in that theater... wink

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't think Mindy is going to go quietly into the night...

Can't wait to read Jonathan's reaction to the 'house'.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
wow. Interesting...

I am a little confused as to why Lois and Clark are driven further apart at this point. I thought Lois ws actually closer to understanding Clark, and that Martha's words to Clark would hopefully sink in.... what's going on here?

Navance being in town is a scary proposition. I wonder if Clark would be willing to whisk Lois away to Smallville... is Navance timing this to try and be here for the birth so he can steal the child or put some kind of further claim on??? Sounds ominous to me.

As for Mindy... I suspect we haven't seen the last of her. I don't think she will leave quietly, nor without causing problems.
If she is linked to Navance, and she has/had access to Sam's house... then it would be a trivial matter for Navance to get what he wanted if he wanted....

Interesting, complex.... frustrating.... entirely addictive. dizzy

More soon..... pweeeeeeaaaase. grovel

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Sam sighed and was silent for a long minute, looking at her. "Mindy, I think maybe it would be best if you moved out, regardless of what happens with Lois."

"What, Hunkie?"

"I've been slowly coming to the realization that this isn't working for me anymore. I think it's best if you moved out."
Goodbye Sam. It was nice seeing this nicer more connected Sam Lane. but sadly he just signed his death warrant. After all we all know Mindy.

Sam, hasn't a clue and Lois & Clark only a minor hint of what she is capable of doing.

So Sam will turn up dead and the evidence will point to Lois & Clark. It will be discovered that Sam and Mindy were secretly married sometime before and Mindy will explain that Sam had just told Lois

• about the secret marriage
  • that he changed his will in favor of his new wife
  • that she and Clark can't live with him
  • that he is not going to give her any more money
  • and so forth and so on, this is Mindy, she is very inventive

Of course being Mindy she will try to kill all three making sure there is no one to dispute her

On the plus side she doesn't know about Superman! Which means Lois and Clark will survive.

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I sure hope Patrick isn't right, and Sam won't end up dead!!! eek

But I agree with James that Mindy isn't just going quietly into the night.

(I really wonder what Sam ever saw in her - surely some part of his brain must shut off in the presence of Mindy's Marilyn Monroe imitation?)

I'm really glad that Lois and Clark are moving in with Sam, though I shudder to think what Mindy and Navance could do to them there! (Navance: Could I have your spare key, Mindy?)

As for the house, nice, but I'm interior decorationally challenged. Once I visited a good friend I hadn't seen for a few months, and I looked around her kitchen, commenting on her nice new curtains. She sighed. "We have a brand new kitchen, didn't you see that?"

And yes, things are worse between Lois and Clark than they were before. I think that the root of the problem was that after Martha and Jonathan had talked to Clark about how he needed to work on his marriage with Lois, Clark actually avoided her even more. I really understand that he wanted to show Martha and Jonathan his essay, and I loved their reaction to it, but it was a huge mistake on Clark's part to avoid Lois even more after he had told her his secret than he had done before. frown frown frown

I really, really long for them to grow a bit closer and start talking!

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I know exactly what Sam saw in her. This is the man who was engaged to an android. It wasn't for her brains, either.

Elisabeth
who isn't nearly as devious as apparently everyone else who read this story is

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Lisamaree, the Evil Kiwi:
Interesting, complex.... frustrating.... entirely addictive. dizzy

More soon..... pweeeeeeaaaase. grovel
Ditto and ditto.

Mindy is down but not out... unfortunately. Navance and Mindy will wreck havoc ensemble --> We need Clark and Lois to connect now more than ever! Didn't Lana send him an email to say that she would be driving home? Is this *nefarious mystery email* that one or another one?

I'm glad they have somewhere to live now, so they should be ready when baby Chris is born. I'm also thinking that it would be good for the Kents & Co to move in for a while once the hay starts hitting the propeller. Having family around would be a good thing. I wonder if Wayne would mind watching the farm...

Enough of the spec already! Let's get those next chapters!

~Sonia
(btw, I don't think you can call it a 'house' when all it lacks is a moat... Just sayin'. )

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I so didn't see the Sam hearing Mindy-thing coming. That was so great, Carol hyper

Michael, who is totally scared by that house. I mean, it's so huuuuugeeee, you really need a map for it.

PS: Is Lana looking for a job? Because I know a nice couple in need of a nanny laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ann wrote:
(I really wonder what Sam ever saw in her - surely some part of his brain must shut off in the presence of Mindy's Marilyn Monroe imitation?)
Although the question has been answered, I'll chip in. He saw a smiling, buxom blond who treated him as if he were a prince (despite what she really thought of him) and he fell for her act like an egg from a tall chicken. Men have been losing their mental capacities in the presence of beautiful women since God invented sex. It's not entirely his fault that she looked like a convenient target to her. Besides, if this Mindy is anything like the Mindy in the L&C baseline world who gassed a number of her competitors to death, her picture is in the dictionary beside the definition of the word "ruthless."

Terry, who himself has been married to a pretty hot lady for 32 years!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
That is so true. Besides there's nothing more attractive than a woman who appears to worship you. Say what you want about Mindy, but she sure knows how to make a man feel special.

Elisabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark clearly needs someone who needs the whole story. His parents know he and Lois aren't in love, so they're able to talk with him about taking time to build a relationship and make things work. And he does know they're right, and he does want to make things work. But they don't know that he's thinking that "making things work" means "making things go smoothly for the next five years."

He needs someone to disabuse him of this notion that he can walk away in five years, hunky-dory. Even if he and Lois don't fall in love by then, and get divorced (can't believe I just wrote that!), their lives will still be intertwined with the child. So he should suck it up and take one day at a time, and stop staring at a hypothetical cutoff date.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Very special thanks to James who managed to fix my stinky photo editing. wink Now I just need to get his fixed pics uploaded and in here...

Natascha - Yeah, there's only two people right now. They had intended to fill it with kids and adopted/foster kids and Sam does still do good with it, but we'll get to that later. Hope you have a good trip!

Sarah - Not sure which it is but am very flattered. They will talk eventually, promise. Impending doom? Hmm... that's what I was just writing... but that's in the sequel wink . Not a clue what you're talking about here laugh .

Karen - ditto the yay!

Lara - blush Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Sara - Ah the email... We'll find out what was in it before too long.

JD - Threaten? What threaten? /looks around/

James - we haven't seen the end of Mindy but it may be a while before she pops back up - at least visibly.

Lisa - there's something as yet unseen going on there. More about whether she'll have access to the house later...

Patrick [am I finally getting your name in here? Not sure why its taken me how long to figure it out?] - you're evil. Much eviler than me. Maybe. Different evil? Ah I guess we'll have to wait and see... but you are evil...

Ann - Don't listen to him. wink Mindy's a good actress is my opinion. Wasn't Lois the only one that suspected her of running Intergang? Clark didn't? I know that's how it's often written, but I haven't watched past the 'tinkerbell cut' in ages - like years and years. And LOL at your friend's house. I'm kind of like that though probably not that bad. Again, we'll have to wait and see what else happened that we don't necessarily know about yet.

Elisabeth - LOL! I'm not sure I'm that devious either. Different devious maybe... This Sam isn't Sam from the show, obviously. Even after Ellen's death, no womanizing. I don't know that this has ever been mentioned, but I see Mindy as the first female in his life beyond a casual date or two - if that. Maybe the loneliness and empty nest syndrome got to him is part of it. And Mindy does put on a good show...

Sonia - /looks around for moat digger - maybe that'll help keep Navance away/ See what I said above about Mindy's return. Ah the email... we'll see... Think it's in 57 or 58. 57 would be tomorrow, 58 would be Saturday wink .

Michael - Um... not editing. Writing. I could tell you how many chapters I have written [or planned] but I'm afraid it would scare everyone off. Though if I have enough buffer to get through Nov, then it's at least 73. That said, according to Jojo's handy dandy calculator excel dohickey, I'm 65% done with Nano [32K+ words] and on track to be done on 11/18 [yeah, right, don't see that happening - though a couple more days like today would do it] and then I'll get back to writing this and hopefully finish it/post it this year. Then finish Unanswered Prayers. And LOL! at the nanny thing. She is an early childhood major...

Terry - exactly on the Mindy thing. Ditto Elisabeth again.

Amy - good to see you! He really does but who is the question. We'll have to see... they both realize they'll be connected by the baby after the divorce [though to be honest, I don't remember how much of that realization has been visible in the story - I know they know it and I know it's more obvious later but... and my head hurts so I may be forgetting wink ]. As for him dealing with it...

Oh, look at that... time to put kids in bed...
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard