OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here.

Posting schedule [ET]:

Tuesday: Chapters 48 and 49, 1-3pm

Saturday: Chapters 50 and 51, 10-11am

Monday: Chapters 52 and 53, 1-3pm

And thanks for not getting too mad that there's no post on Thursday wink . I think there'll be plenty of fodder for conversation from 49...

Carol

Smallville to Kent Farm [the yellow X is the high school]:
[Linked Image]

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap new Carol fic for in the morning.

Michael, who just finished one of his own parts and better get to bed now, muttering about authors tempting poor little fanboys with exciting new parts all the time...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Dun dun duuuuuuuuun. Almost time for that dreaded talk. And I just can't picture Granny's ensemble. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Argghhhhhhh!!!

How could you LEAVE us there???
I can't wait to see how Clark handles this 'talk'... or will he be all yellow-bellied???

Meeting the family seemed a lot simpler than I thought it would for Lois. I'm glad. She's going to need some support, and feeling welcome with the Kent family might help her too...

More soon please!!!!

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Lisamaree, the Evil Kiwi:
Argghhhhhhh!!!

How could you LEAVE us there???

And *that* is why I added the extra posts last week wink . That was supposed to be Tuesday's post - right before I went out of town...

Carol wink

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have to agree with Lisamaree, how could you leave us there? Just when Clark was about to tell Lois about himself?

More grannies appear! Yay! This one was a great one. Somehow she reminds me of an older, somehow even more wildly artistic Martha. And this granny thought Lois was right for Clark! Yay! And Jonathan told Clark that he had to tell Lois about himself. Yes!

Looking forward to more!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wait... just how many grandmothers does Clark have? 3 - Kent, Davis and Nana? Either I must have misunderstood or it's becoming clearer there was a Christopher Davis in the Kents' past..? Verrry interesting.

You know Clark seems to be the only one in his family to prefer Lana over Lois laugh He's one very messed up guy. Even after his "it's my baby" speech to Lana, it seems as if he still holds out hope for a future together with Lana. mad

I guess one can't expect Clark to just turn off his feelings which are almost as old as he is but it's still irritating and that just goes on to show your terrific character believability (is that a word??)! thumbsup

And Lois.It's very hard for Lois to believe Clark when he says he isn't seeing Lana anymore, yeah? (This must be the third or fourth time when he had to reiterate that he won't cheat on her). I hope Clark realizes that Lois' lack of faith in him is mostly his doing and his inability to spend time with her...

And the grand moment is about to arrive... he won't chicken out at the last moment, right? I can just picture the lunkheaded part of him thinking it might be too much stress for Lois with the baby and all... let's wait until after the baby is born. :p

Hmm, I didn't catch it immediately but are Lois and Clark also Lana's ride back to Metropolis? Uh oh...

Loving this story immensely... and the title to your sequel (in the NaNo thread) is making me speculate all sorts of things for where this story might end.. although we still have a looooooong exciting journey ahead, yeah?

smile thumbsup thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
First, nice parts.
I had a flash to the night at the cabin, kissing Lana who morphed into Lois, but I shook it off.
YES clap clap

Now, no talk yet. Hmm, are you going to have him fall over from green K? Maybe have Lois have bad cramps from the green K?

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
It's me again... I think Clark is 'at war' with himself. The boy is more complex than he himself realizes. That's one of the things that appeal to me so much about him. Here, he is 'faithful-to-Lana' Clark whose plans get derailed by hidden-and-buried-but-occasionally-rearing-his-head 'Lois-is-my-soulmate' Clark. Love it!

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Carol, you're torturing us. For real. Waiting for Tuesday, then...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
They are moving towards each other slowly. In the last 4 chapters the signs I saw were the baby moving, Clark putting Lana in her place and defending Lois, Lois knowing how he takes his coffee and Clark noticing that Lana never did get it right (or did not care enough to figure it out)and the hug they gave each other when they arrived. I am sure there are more and there will be even more as the story goes on

robinson
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Loved it Carol. Granny Kent was cool. And she knows shock And no one else knows she does. Lois and Clark were sort of stupidly sweet. Agents M and J were the only downside. Those two are really mean, giving them an extra mattress. The small bed would have worked just fine. LnC would just have to snuggle up and if there is still no room, they could realign themselves somewhat to make it fit.

So, you think you're teasing us with the revelation who? Not me, Carol. Not me. I know how you work. There won't be a revelation. Another consummation perhaps. Or maybe Lana's Dad shows up with his pellet gun. Or something. But no revelation.

Michael, waiting patiently for Wednesday morning.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hey guys!

I'm going to stay pretty mum for the moment so this is going to be a pretty generic response.

I will probably post earlier rather than later tomorrow [as in 2-3pm ET] because we're leaving at the very early hour of 6am [at the LATEST] on Wed. morning and I really do want to see some of the FDK. Some of you have gotten closer than others...

I will say this... in an effort to appease the fic loving masses... Ch. 49 is nearly 5000 words instead of the pretty standard 2400-2700 of the rest of them...

/pauses/

So is 50 come to think of it... I could split them into four regular size posts instead of two bigger ones...

Hmm... I think that's the better plan...

/runs and hides/
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
I will say this... in an effort to appease the fic loving masses... Ch. 49 is nearly 5000 words instead of the pretty standard 2400-2700 of the rest of them...
*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
um, yeah blush

So is 50 come to think of it... I could split them into four regular size posts instead of two bigger ones...
/glares at Carol like Lana glares at Lois and gets out assortment of *very* pointy objects. You. Would. Not. Dare. Unless of course you posted 4 chapters a day blush

Hmm... I think that's the better plan...

/runs and hides/
/stalkes out bad writer.
"Come here, Carol. Come here. I have a very nice surprise right here." angel-devil

Michael, who now at least knows whose name to put put underneath the Emperor-Icon. MLT gets Yoda, you get the Emperor. Two masters of the Force, teachers of the powerful art also known as the Tease.

PS: Did I already mention that it's NOT COOL to torture readers like this. Cliffhangers are far greater fun if the parts are closely together. Just imagine, there is a cliffhanger and you can't read not because the next part isn't up yet, but because you have work to do. Now that's torture. How about it, Carol?

PPS: I now go and shamefully look for my local FARCE-group...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No! No split, please! [Linked Image] We're going to need a massive dose of fic to keep us reasonably sane until Saturday and then we're going to need another massive dose to quell the withdraw symptoms. [Linked Image]

Post the bigger parts, will ya? [Linked Image]
Don't make me call you Cruella... [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
so, the 'talk' coming soon.

I am so glad that you are doing the second part of OTOH for your nanowrimo...

More soon before you go.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/wide eyes

You guys don't like the idea of more chapters?

Really?

/shrugs/

Will flip a coin later to decide...

/hides/

Carol

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
You guys don't like the idea of more chapters?
Dividing the chapters and posting each separately is fine. Taking more time between posts is also fine.

We want you to keep up the quality of the tale. We do know that you have a life and that is more important.

Framework4
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay fine, I admit it. I have no intention of splitting the chapters. The breaks are good as is and I don't really know if there's good breaks halfway through 49 and 50 as currently written.

As for buffer...

Yeah, I got that.

Lots of it.

And a list of chapters left to be written once I get Nano done.

You don't want to know the total of that. Really. I promise.

But first we need to take a moment to reflect on the awesomeness of Queenie. Because she said we had to, not because she's actually reading this.

Carol
/runs and hides from Queenie/

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
From part 47:

"Are you still seeing Lana?" she asked, without looking at me.

It didn't register for a second. "What?" I asked, incredulous. "No. And after yesterday, she probably won't talk to me for a very long time."
Earlier in this thread, Ann said that this Clark is at war with himself. I agree. And he's also deluding himself if he thinks Lana will ever trust him again. Lois' view of Lana as Cruella de Ville seems to be the prevailing one among the readers, but we have to remember that her entire future has been abruptly kicked over. The boy/man she'd planned to marry is suddenly married to a pregnant woman, and Clark has summarily and curtly informed her that she'd better not insult this pregnant hussy in his hearing. And he manhandled her! He has convinced her that Lois didn't seduce him but that he seduced Lois! How could Lana possibly believe that Clark has feelings for her if he acts like that?

Clark doesn't understand that one of the foundations for lasting love (married love, friendship love, whatever) is trust. He has not damaged Lana's trust in him, he's utterly destroyed it. I think Clark and Lois should be together just like most of the other respondents do, but I feel sorry for Lana. Clark and Lois have been pushed into a marriage neither one was ready for, but Lana is the ultimate victim in this tale. And I think she might be the one in Lois' dream who tries to take the baby, not Navance or one of his henchmen.

Whether she will or won't, I doubt she'll ever talk to Clark again except on the most superficial level. At this point, I doubt she'd spit on him if he were on fire.

And I'm looking forward to the "talk" with Lois. I wonder if she'll think he's telling her because he trusts her or if he's just being a Boy Scout about the whole "no secrets in marriage" thing. I also wonder if she'll be mad or scared or if she'll realize that Clark never told Lana.

Fireworks to come, I'm sure. Ooh, look at the explosions! All the pretty colors!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard