Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow.

The "Rival" plot is certainly interesting.

And we have another Chad flashback! So is that what happened to Chad? Did he die? If that's the case, it's certainly upsetting to have an effect on Lois. Although I have to say, I get the feeling that whatever happened, she considers it his fault. So in that case, did something else happen that caused them to break up? Or is Lois caught in "The Second Stage of Grief" over the situation?

And the Clark-turning-into-Superman is really interesting. On one hand, it's helpful that he has a "mentor" for becoming Superman, which our Clark never had. That's good. On the other hand, (hmmm, another title reference... smile ) Lois is noticing the change in the Supermen. It makes sense that she would.
To a certain extent, I agree it would be easier for Clark to tell Lois in this case. But I'm not sure that's a good idea. I don't think Lois should know until she starts getting involved romantically with Clark. Not always a popular opinion among FoLCs, I know. But that's what I believe. And I believe it in this case as well. Still, I admit, this is a nasty situation.

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I get beck from my office party to more Triangle, =D

Several interesting developments... I like how Clark seems to be on the verge of calling Lois on how unfair she's being... and that Superman finally started probing Clark's history.

As for the transition... I agree with Sara K M... Lois knows both men well enough to very probably put the pieces together. At the same time... she is totally devoted to Superman while her relationship with Clark is crumbling at the foundations. This makes the situation with her a total wild card... can't wait to see how you play it =)

As for Chad... I kind of wondered if he was deceased... have to see what happens with that accident.

Sara "Lieta"
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Sara and Sara!

I'm going to continue keeping Chad's fate a secret. I'll say this, though - I'm pretty sure that when you've read the last Chad flashback, you'll know it. (Partly as I'm pretty sure Lois will tell you so.)

But, I do agree with you, Sara - Chad's dying here would certainly upset Lois, but it's questionnable how angry she'd be. Which isn't to say she wouldn't be angry - it's just not clear that she would be.

I had never really considered the fact that Clark has a mentor to being Superman. I agree, that's sort of how I portrayed Superman here, but I wasn't thinking of it that way. It's sort of nice.

As for Lois finding out... well, I won't say if she finds out or not. But I don't think it could happen yet. The story still has about 20 chapters left and I don't see Lois knowing everything and not moving to fix things quickly so Superman could go home.

I'll also say, that I don't see Lois finding out as mandatory to the ending of the story. The story at its most basic level is about Clark's willingness to become Superman. If he does that without Lois and finds a way to get past the fact that she can see the differences between them, I think the story can still effectively be over. Once Clark is Superman full time, we've joined a world that's identical to the show and that's not all that interesting to read or write.

But, of course, I'm not promising that this story will end with this world being identical to the show.

Sara - As for Clark calling Lois on how unfair she's being, I think the Clark/Lois tension in this episode is critical for the rest of the story. I hadn't planned it at first, but this episode is so rife with tension it was a good place to get a lot of things in motion.

And while Superman had only a minor part in the plot of this episode, his very existence makes a rather large change in this (coming up in the next set of chapters, I think) that ramps up that tension.

You can expect a fair amount of Lois/Clark fighting before this episode is over.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard