Next Thread
Print Thread
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
A short note on posting - I may or may not have internet access this weekend. I'm not sure yet. And since I know I won't have access tomorrow after work, this means I won't get to respond to any feedback here until Saturday, but there's also the potential that I won't be online to post on Saturday either. I'm going to try, but my apologies in advance if I'm not online again until Monday.

Anyway, comments on 40 and 41 are greatly appreciated...

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
hyper

Sara "Lieta"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lieta - I believe Lex saw the last message in Canon as well, but I can't be sure.

I'm Clark and Superman talked. It is nice for them to be around another Kryptonian. I have to say I've never thought about this story that way. The Foundling is an excellent storyline to bring that into focus.

And Clark's trying out the Superman rescues! This is important, although it's probably going to give him more trouble with Lois.

And this is the chapter with the EIC change in it! I've been looking for it ever since you mentioned it in my feedback thread! I guess great minds think alike, huh? What's funny is that change in EIC is not popular in fanon, and now we've got too stories with that idea on the boards! (3 if you count Beth's.)

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
And I misread Nancy =P Luthor and Nigel weren't there when the Kansas part was said... I thought they had seen that in this world... still... Lois' questioning of just when Superman arrived is interesting.

*grumbles* I actually manage to read too fast sometimes...

Sara "Lieta"
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Interesting parts.

=== Whine mode warning =======

Everything is going way too smoothly.

And Visiting is so very concerned with the "timeline". What part of YOU ARE HERE TO ALTER the timeline didn't he get?
I think he read too many Starfleet manuals.

Didn't Wells bring him to this timeline BECAUSE this Clark had never emerged from hiding to become Superman?
Notice part 5
But you did not, and according to calculations from the Protectors, even if you did, it would be too difficult for you.”
======= whine off =========

I am looking forward to what bad thing happen between Lois and Chad.

And could Clark get mad and tell Lois Superman is married? Or maybe have Zara show up early?

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Nancy!

I read the last 6 parts basically all in one big piece and offline on my trip home, so it all jumbles together a bit.

What's going on with Chad? He's driving his bike to Lois. So does he get run over and thus breaks his promise to her?

Noticed the final message and Lex. How did this happen, i.e. how did you change the pre-established plot there?

The whole secret/closeness/I-love-Superman thing will certainly have further repercussions.

Looking forward to parts 42/43, Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Sara, Sara, Patrick, and Michael!

Yes, Sara, Lex saw the first part of the message in canon (leaving the museum when Superman got there before Kansas was mentioned).

I added his asking Lois about it both because in this story we don't see anything Clark, Superman, or Lois sees, so this was a way to show that Lex had seen it, but mostly because it fit in well with the Lois/Superman issues running through these chapters.

Sara - I think it was Beth who brought up the fact that it's nice for Clark and Superman to be around each other, I just used that. smile

It's an idea explored a little in the next fic I'm writing as well (also stealing the idea from Beth), but in the show Clark doesn't really have any close male friends who are sort of equals. Perry and Jimmy are his boss and kind of like a kid brother, respectively.

I think Superman is a little like a big brother here, but they are more equal then any other male friends we've seen him with.

I'd forgotten about the EIC change, but I guess it's catching on. wink

Patrick - Yes, I agree, Superman is unreasonably worried about the timeline. That will actually lessen over time. You've already seen him decide to ignore it before - with GGGOH, Nightfall, etc. In addition, of course, to all the Lois stuff.

It's interesting that you're looking forward to a bad thing happening to Lois and Chad. It's coming, although still a few parts away yet.

Michael - Are you home again?

As you already guessed, I'm sure, what happens with Chad is something I'm keeping to myself a little longer.

See above for how I changed the plot - it was really a minor change, but it did give things a different feel, didn't it?

And yes, definitely Lois' being in love with Superman, or thinking she is, will definitely have further repercussions.

Look for 42 and 43 later today.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, I am smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Welcome home! (Although, I hope you had fun while away.)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for asking. Yeah, I had. Turns out, exchanging ideas with like-minded individuals can be a lot of fun. Big surprise there, huh? laugh

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard