Friday: Chapters 44/45, 1-3pm

Sunday: Chapters 46/47, after 3pm

Tuesday: Chapters 48/49, 1-3pm

Saturday: Chapters 50/51, 10-11am

Thanks
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay! I have been online for the past 2 hours just waiting for you post again. And you did! Even well before I go to bed. So thank you!

You kept me wondering for a while if Lana had accepted or not but of course, she is going to Smallville with them. I am a little worried what happens when she joins forces with her mother there...

The Lois and Clark interaction while getting ready for the trip was nice. I enjoyed their song discussions. Finally some lighthearted banter!

I do think that, while Lois and Clark should not be, I mean act too affectionate with each other in front of Lana, it would be nice if Clark would at least put his hand on Lois's stomach or something. Is it too early for the baby move? Maybe that would bring some joy to this whole parents-to-be-thing and Lana would have to witness that. wink

Poor Clark! He just doesn't know if or how to tell Lois his secret. But I have a good feeling that Lois's reaction would be a lot better than Lana's... <g> I hope!

A kryptonite encounter, painful and scary as it may be, could certainly help in that department. I don't want Clark to be in pain but it looks like he could use a catalyst. laugh

Is it Friday yet??

Natascha

Kerth
Kerth
Loved it. Again. smile The banter about the music was ingenious. There's one song I missed, though: 'Fly Me To The Moon'. goofy

And, although I hoped otherwise, it was sort of obvious Lana was going to accept the invitation to Smallville. I just hope things won't get bad over there...

Waiting for Friday...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Here we go. Theme song for the road." He clicked on his computer a couple of times and Rascal Flatts' 'Life is a Highway' started playing.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm taking my ear plugs."
goofy
Kids and their Rascal Flatts. Give me Tom Cochran's version any day!

Nice parts. So far no one's killed each other.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Shadow:

Kids and their Rascal Flatts. Give me Tom Cochran's version any day!

That's what happens when you watch Cars over and over and over and over and over and... you get the jpeg...

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
There were so many good things about these chapters!

This made me laugh.
"Well, I finally found a couple decent authors who've actually finished a few stories. A bunch of the first ones I found were posted in really short segments by people who had no clue about sentence structure or spell check, much less how to develop a plot or finish a story. This one lady – she goes by Beth, but I have no idea if that's her real name or not – has written a couple that looked good rnd got good reviews. Another one named Bananna, Great Defender Of All That Is Daniel – whatever that means – has, too, but hers are more Tony and Ziva stories."
And I'm in awe of anyone who can write, listen to music, and ride in a car the same time! I know a lot of people these days prefer to listen to music and write at the same time, but I've never been able to. And writing/reading while riding in a car makes me car sick. So the idea of doing all at the same time!

I'm surprised that Lana agreed to go with them, although I will admit it's a good plot devise.

I'm also surprised that Clark is thinking about telling Lois about himself. (although I'm glad he is) I know his parents told him he would have to unless he wants to lose their support. And unless he wants to be spiteful or lie to his parents more than he already has, he'll have to. But I just got the impression he wouldn't consider that for a long time.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I love Brad Paisley! Even though Online hits a little too close to home. *whistles*

I'm glad Clark's trying to convince himself to do the right thing. But 1 hotel room? Oh, this is going to be soooo bad. peep

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Karen:
But 1 hotel room? Oh, this is going to be soooo bad.
Exactly what I was thinking, except it came out more like this: "One room!!! Clark! Seriously?"

Um, is there hope that someone will spring for a room when they get there? It's just wrong for so many reasons. Clark and Lois will share a bed--even if I wasn't naturally biased against Lana, that's a little 'in your face' for people who have a hard time just pretending.

I like that Clark is considering telling Lois the secret. I hope that it actually comes to pass. Right now, I just want them to hurry up and get to Smallville so that Lana can go home to her mother. (Did I mention that I don't do well on long road trips?) I think they should drive to the farm and let Jonathan take Lana home because I don't want either Clark or Lois to have to deal with Laura Lang until they have created a stronger front together.

So, Chris clue: He was the first to coin the 'frog' saying. Hmmm. Perhaps he is/was older than Clark?

Ready for more!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great.. now I have the music from Cars in my head all day. Thanks for that!!! Ka-CHOW!!

I KNEW you were going to torture Lois and Clark by making Lana ride with them. Could they have some quiet time on a long drive to really get to know one another? Oh - no.. Cruella riding shotgun in the back.... I'm thinking this is going to go from bad to worse.

Interesting things I picked up in these parts...
1. Clark knows he is an alien from Krypton.
2. Chris comes up as one of only *3* people who know...

hmm, hmm, hmm........

Looking forward to more...

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
There were many good things in these parts. This has already been mentioned, but I have to repeat it:

And I, uh, downloaded a couple stories from the web I've been wanting to read," she said, not looking at me as she spoke.

"Ah. The NCIS Tony and Abby stories you were reading?"

She shrugged, but turned eight shades of red.
Ah! I knew this had to be the equivalent of the LnC fanfics in the LnC universe, though obviously the characters in the fics had to be... well, Tony and Abby! (I just loved Lois turning eight shades of red, admitting that she was hooked on these fics!!!) grumble Do I expect something nasty to happen, particularly in view of the fact that the three of them is going to share one hotel room? shock

But you also told us something significant about Clark's background:

"What did you write about?" Lana practically demanded.

Clark didn't say anything for a long moment, staring out at black top running through Pennsylvania. "Being a foundling," he finally said. "My parents. Them taking me in when they could have turned me over to Social Services or something.
Well, there goes my theory that Martha took in Clark on her own, without the help of Jonathan.

Things were awkward enough without tossing in 'Unforgettable' or 'Time Well Wasted' &#8211; it was one of my favorite songs and my dad and I had wasted more days than I could count out fishing and spending time with each other.
And there goes my theory that Clark and Jonathan somehow hadn't been really close when Clark was a kid.

I knew this wasn't the life I'd planned for myself, but at some point I had to step up and take responsibility for it. Lois was my wife and my parents, my dad especially, had raised me better than that.
And here we can see that Jonathan, perhaps even more than Martha, had strongly influenced Clark during his upbringing.

But here we have another little snippet, another little hint, of what could be different about this Clark's background:

I'd lived my whole life keeping this all a secret. My dad wasn't the one who'd first coined the phrase 'dissect me like a frog' if the government found out &#8211; Chris had done that &#8211; but Dad had certainly used it often enough when I was learning to control the different powers as they manifested.

Only three people had ever known about me
Chris had been the one to coin the phrase 'dissect me like a frog'? Chris? And only three people had ever known about Clark. I take that to be Martha, Jonathan and Chris. (What about Grandma Davis?) Anyway, Chris. Yes, he sure was important to Clark. Where is he now?

Okay, bring on the night for three in the one hotel room, Carol!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just giving you an update.

I am on part 37 and am loving this story!

I like how you treat the characters of LnC like Elisabeth treats the episodes...pour into a bowl, stir liberally and pour!

You weave such convincing amalagmations of places, dates, times, ages and people.

I just hope that Lois and Clark talk soon...
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Loved it, Carol.
Great banter. one room shock eek
So, who was Chris? Dead big/little brother?

Friday, early in the afternoon? Hm, if you post by 5pm ET I should be able to catch them during the layover.

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Chris is Martha's first husband--the man who made the decision to take in Clark. Then something happened to Chris or Chris and Martha divorced, and Martha and Clark lived with her folks. Then she married Jonathan and he took them both in. This is why it is Martha who does most of the talking, because Jonathan is like a step-dad even though he's the second adopted father. At least that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Elisabeth

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Glad you guys enjoyed the shout out to fic lovers everywhere.

AFAIK, there's no main 'ship on NCIS [except maybe McGee and Abby because they dated in season 1, but not too seriously - he did sleep in her coffin though - seriously]. I read one of those can't spell, don't understand a rating system [the f word in a G rated fic? repeatedly? with 'visible' sex?], who think 400 words is too long for a chapter [can you IMAGINE?!?!] that had a Tony/Abby pairing and I really liked it. Of course, I'm currently a Tony/Ziva 'shipper [sort of - I think they'd be good together] but there's no *main* couple. And yes, Beth, is our very own. And I couldn't resist sticking Anna, Great Defender of All that is Daniel in there in a fic where Daniel is a good guy smile .

I'm going to post this evening I think b/c the next two days got crazy. If I don't get to it, it may be Sat morning.

Tomorrow: Reverse trick or treating on the pediatric unit where 2 kids have spent time [including DS last Thanksgiving], doc appt for 7yo, clean like crazy for new friends coming over for trick or treating

Saturday: Dh gone all morning [which is when I could post theoretically], Obama rally that night [yes you read that right - my sister runs the concession stands at the venue and needs someone to count cash for her].

Thanks everyone!

GTG do that cleaning thing...
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ok, I am caught up.

whoo, glad we got the big ugly talk out of the way. Telling Lois about being an alien should be a snap.

Now, here is the kicker. Should Clark just tell Lois? If he does, then he has committed his first conscious sin against Lana. He's known her all his life. He owes it to her to tell her first, before Lois. Of course he should tell Lois immediately afterward.

I don't know if telling them simulatiously would be a good thing or not, but it would mean only having to tell it once.

And...if Lois takes it better than Lana, even better.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard