Posting Schedule [ET]:

Tuesday: Chapters 40 and 41, 4-5pm

Thursday: Chapters 42 and 43, 4-5pm

Saturday: Chapters 44 and 45, 10-11am

Thanks smile .
Carol

Merriwether
Merriwether
Huh. I thought she was going to push him into a confession. Which would have been bad in the heat of anger like that. But that is a good question.. why?

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Kerth
Kerth
Wow! That was absolutely fabulous. And again, Lois and Clark are getting a bit closer (if only by talking). I just hope Clark will tell Lois about himself sometime soon. And, of course, tell Lana to back off and leave his wife alone. Is there some eensy weensy, microcosmic, although highly unlikely possibility that both will happen during the next few chapters? (Got that quote, by the way. Nicely twisted, I must say.) love

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my! They are talking!!!! smile1

Honestly, after the last parts (and I got to read all at once since coming home last night) I had my doubts they would ever be in a room together long enough to say anything at all. laugh

Of course Lois feels insecure! She is not in love with Clark but she needs to know where he stands. I love how she forced him to be confronted with the situation. They finally realize how much is involved right now and that they need to make plans for their future. It is not a situation that can be played by ear!

I do want Clark to stand up for his wife, even to his "true" love / ex-girlfriend. But I understand how difficult the situation is for him. If he holds out any hope for a future together with Lana, he can't exactly severe all ties with her at the moment. However he is noticing how much more he would willingly give to Lana than he is giving to Lois. Difficult decision. he has already given up so much by deciding to marry Lois. Should he have to do more? Should he want to more? Be more involved? Yes, I would like that but at the same time I can't fault him at all.

They have reached a point where they need to decide together how involved he should be. I would like to see him go to the doctor's for Lois's next appointment. But I want him and her to want it too!

So I am more than interested in seeing how you solve this. Clark is a good guy, just overwhelmed right now. I did enjoy his answers to the "where have you been" questions. Lois will soon (or later) find out that he didn't lie. Will she be amused? Probably not at first. But Clark really seems to be trying to keep the lies to a minimum. <g>

Wow, quite the novel this reply, it wasn't meant to be... but this story has me captivated despite my earlier misgivings. thumbsup

Natascha wave

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Loved these chapters. Lots of good questions I wanted to know the answers to. I'm looking forward to the day when they can at least be good friends, and I think this will help.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my! Lois is in a really intense Q/A mode,isn't she? And Clark gave as good as he got! Yay. Superb and fantastic parts! Their back and forth banter (despite touching serious issues) was absolutely wonderful!!

thumbsup thumbsup

The best thing I like is how honest each of them is in this conversation... so far.

And Clark is smart enough to realize that Linda and Lana's confrontation was partially scripted... That is good enough for me even if he decides not to call Lana on that.. after all his telling off Lana would mean talking with her 'alone' and I'm not sure it would be a good idea right now. hmmm

I'm also glad Lois got to know how close Clark had been to realizing his dreams (of proposing to and marrying Lana). smile

Are you really going to make us wait till Tuesday for Clark's answer?

clap

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I like the question at the end. It forces Clark to confront some underlying issues with Lois.

It makes sense that Lois is emotional right now. I've never been preguant myself, but I understand it makes you emotional and feel more vulerable than usual. But I still think she has more feelings for Clark than she is willing to acknowledge right now

But I'm glad that Clark was somewhat honest with Lois. I understand she's emotional, but it sounded to me like she was trying to pressure him into saying he has feelings for her that he dosen't right now. I don't think they're anything worse than lying to someone about having feelings for someone that you don't.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Interesting part...

The venting by Lois is overdue, and I hope it helps Clark make a few of his own personal realisations.

I also think this needs to go two ways though. If she wants this to work, he needs to tell her he wants to be involved with the baby. Now I understand he hasn't got his head around that yet, despite having a fleeting touch of it in class....

But then, they also have the one little teensy weensy issue of the fact he can FLY (let alone all those other super abilities) to work through as well.

Looking forward to more. smile

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am really glad that they had that conversation, and I hope that it doesn't end too soon. They are on the precipice of a breakthrough!

The library scene needed to be addressed, and I was almost afraid that since that one got uncovered, that they wouldn't get to Lana's confrontation, but they did. I also loved that Clark realized and verbalized the 'this will be a long five years if we don't talk' issue. Hopefully this is the start of some real honesty in the near future.

Still not sure how this mess they have gotten themselves into will morph into something like love, but still looking forward to reading and finding out!

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow! Loved these chapters! Talk about intense! I'm so glad they are being honest with each other. I'm glad Clark is being forced to admit that he would much rather be with Lana, but I'm also glad he told Lois what happened in the library, and that he doesn't want to be alone with Lana now. I'm also glad he told Lois about his planned proposal to Lana.

It is kind of heartbreaking that Clark admits to Lois that he does want Lana back after he and Lois gets divorced frown in five years. Hearing your husband talk like that can't put any woman in good spirits. For all of that, I understand Clark.

But does Clark understand himself? I'm not sure. That final question he asked himself at the end of chapter 39 was an extremely good one. Why did he follow Lois on board that plane, instead of staying with Lana? Part of the reason is undoubtedly that Clark is a natural-born hero, and because he is invulnerable he thought that he was in no danger himself, and he couldn't let anything horrible happen to Lois. But was that the whole reason?

I'm thinking about this soulmate thing. Clark has grown up thinking that Lana is his soulmate. His head and his conscious mind is convinced that he is in love with Lana. But couldn't it be that his subconscious is wiser than the rest of him?

I'm convinced that Clark made love to Lois in the cabin. Technically he had sex with her, but really he made love to her. His subconscious was aware that Lois had saved his life, and now she was laying next to him, keeping him warm, and he reached out to her. And she reached back out to him. And they made love. Similarly, I think it was Clark's subconscious that took over and forced him to make the split-second decision that Lois was more important than Lana, and he had to follow Lois into the plane.

In other words, I think that Lois really is Clark's soulmate, but Clark's conscious mind can't see it or admit it.

It could be that Lois is so heartbroken partly because her subconcsious knows that she has met her soulmate, but he is not responding to her. Being married to the person who is your soulmate and yet is not in love with you, and who is practically counting the days until he can divorce you, must be heartbreaking.

But Lois should fight harder for Clark's love. Of course she must first acknowledge that she loves Clark in the first place and she does want him! Maybe that is why it was so necessary for her to hear him say that there really was a chance, however microscopic, that he would one day make love to her, even though he was sober and knew what he was doing.

But Lois should ask Clark to be involved with the baby, too. She should ask him to come with her the next time she has any sort of check-up. And she should show him the ultra sound pictures of the baby. That way Clark can admit that he has already seen them, and he can ask her why she is shutting him out from anything that concerns the baby.

This is an incredibly fascinating tale, Carol!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hell of a cliff-hanger, Carol!

Why DID he go to Latislan? I feel like Clark has convinced himself thoroughly about the proposal that was supposed to have happened in Paris...so it didn't seem like he would have been reluctant to follow through or anything...but kind of like what Ann said about the soulmates thing...this unexplainable pull towards Lois surfaced...and...that's where my thinking out-loud ends for now...we'll see if it surfaces again?

Super glad they're finally talking and clearing the air.

Great part!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I am delighted to see Lana being nasty to Lois. A very good move.

Now if you can work in someway for Clark to learn that Lana would never accept an Alien...

Some story had a teenage Lana reacting negatively to the movie Starman . Her reaction causes young Clark pause.
Maybe something along the lines of a class discussion could do the same for this Clark, basically anything that causes Clark to take off his rose colored glasses and really see Lana...

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Maybe something along the lines of a class discussion could do the same for this Clark, basically anything that causes Clark to take off his rose colored glasses and really see Lana...
Actually... that would be an interesting proposition. Particularly if it were to occur in a class all 3 were present in, and Lois went out to bat for the 'alien'... it certainly would give Clark a large amount to think on.

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by Framework4:

Some story had a teenage Lana reacting negatively to the movie Starman . Her reaction causes young Clark pause.
That would be When Larry Met Charlie by Wendi Richards,=) I love that fic...

Nice Chapters Carol.

Sara "Lieta"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! I'm so happy they're moving somewhere.

I'm disappointed we don't get to find out who Christopher is, though. (I find it amusing that L&C's adopted child in the comics was also Christopher.)

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks guys! See revised posting schedule at the bottom of this post.

Karen - so glad you're still reading. Why? Tune in tomorrow smile .

Lara - /giggles/ My goal was to use something from every ep, but I'm up to like 7 eps all together so... Next few chapters? Depends on how you define 'few'...

Natascha - It is hard to have a conversation when one of you keeps flying off... I do feel for Clark here - and Lois - and even Lana [though not as much wink . As much as I've tried to write her sympathetic here - I hate her on principle!]

Lisa - glad to know you're reading!

AnKS - yes, I'm going to make you wait till Tuesday. However, there will be an extra post this week smile . I love writing fighting Lois and Clark! At least like this - it's fun!

Sara - Lois has feelings for Clark? What would make you say that?! I don't see Lois as trying to pressure him into admitting feelings for her as much as she is just trying to find out exactly where she stands right now. The honest answer is that he would be tempted to sleep with Lana if the situation presented itself, but that he would save her if he had no other option because he vowed to protect her. And that maybe Lana doesn't know everything wink .

Lisamaree - venting is good for the soul or something... He'll get there - promise!

Sonia - Glad you're reading! Breakthrough? Can't have that! /scurries to rewrite

Ann - that's interesting - the whole subconscious soulmates thing. I wrote that in there on purpose. Yep. That's it. /nods seriously/ I thought Lois knew Clark saw the pictures... That she saw him with them... Will have to double check that...

JD - he'll get into this in the next chapter - but he had no idea what would have happened in Paris. I think he thought, at first, he'd be back in a few minutes, hour tops. Then later, they'd get wherever they were going, sneak back and he'd propose a day late or something like that. There was no way he could have anticipated what actually happened...

Framework - never seen Starman... Lana's thoughts on aliens will be... if not explored at least mentioned before it's all said and done...

Amy - didn't know that about L/C's adopted child [seriously, I know little about the non-L/C Superman mythos]. It is my son's name though wink . You will find out who Christopher is before I go out of town... How's that?

Speaking of out of town... We'll be gone from Nov. 5-7 so...

New posting schedule [ET]:

Tuesday: Chapters 40 and 41, 4-5pm
Wednesday: Chapters 42 and 43, 3-4pm
Friday: Chapters 44 and 45, 4-5pm
Sunday: Chapters 46 and 47, after 3pm
Tuesday: Chapters 48 and 49, 1-2pm
Saturday: Chapters 50 and 51, before 1pm

I think 49 will generate discussion and I wanted to get it in before I left so... Can't promise FDK because I probably won't be online the whole time we're gone [FIL has wifi but doesn't know his access code and I'm not about to get on the boards on his computer. That said, I'll see if I can figure something out so I'm not totally out of pocket the whole time...]

Thanks!
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I couldn't count how many times I'd cried over the last few weeks. When he was there – usually after we went to bed – the tears were silent, but no less real, as I curled around my pillow.
Poor Lois. This can't be healthy for the baby. hyper

"Of course, part of that is true and the rest is the public truth," she continued. "Then Linda said she was going to go talk to someone and it was just me and Lana and I started to walk off but she grabbed my arm. She spoke quietly – there's no chance anyone else heard – but she said that pregnancy didn't agree with me and just made me look fat. That you still loved her – would always love her – and you told her two weeks ago at the library that if you were ever alone with her you wouldn't be able to stop yourself from making love to her and that there was no way in hell I'd ever know what you were like in bed."
I just knew that she would brag about it to Lois. I just knew! splat

And she's really not a vindictive person. She's just hurting.
/snorts

I think 49 will generate discussion and I wanted to get it in before I left so...
Should I look forward to part 49 or be afraid? Are you planning on dropping a bomb and running away, Carol? [Linked Image]

And YAY! for extra post! [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Bomb? What bomb?

/looks around and drapes newspaper over walking bowling ball with fuse coming out of it then EEPS as paper catches fire

No, no bomb here!

Seriously - I'd counted wrong and thought 49 was going to be my last post before our long weekend, but it's not. Not sure where I miscounted, because I've been counting it that way for a month...

And 47 just isn't a great stopping point when I'm going to be gone for three days. It's not a bad spot, but it would just leave frustrated ARGHs in it's wake.

Glad you're still reading smile
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is my Christopher theory... and I'm really on the edge of speculation so I don't have a probability assessment to go along with it wink

It could be possible that Christopher was a child of Jonathan and Martha's that didn't survive. This could have put a strain on the relationship which led to Martha and Clark needing to stay with the grandparents for a while. Where in that timeline Clark would have entered--there are many possibilities, so I'll quit while I'm ahead/behind/neutral/wherever.

Oh, and BTW: I hate Lana on principle too. My eyes unconsciously narrow every time her name pops up.
~Sonia

/eyes Carol's ACME bomb warily and wonders how to hitch a ride on HG Wells' time machine

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois has feelings for Clark? What would make you say that?! I don't see Lois as trying to pressure him into admitting feelings for her as much as she is just trying to find out exactly where she stands right now. The honest answer is that he would be tempted to sleep with Lana if the situation presented itself, but that he would save her if he had no other option because he vowed to protect her. And that maybe Lana doesn't know everything .
I realize I wasn't very clear when I wrote this. Like I said, I perfectly understand why Lois asked the questions that she did. And I probably should have said that I don't think LOIS thought she was pressuring Clark or was trying to pressure him. And I am glad that they had that conversation, because it cleared some of the air.
But I still think the conversation itself put pressure on Clark.
Like any reader, my expriences are coloring my reading. And I know what it's like to have a friend that you're not in love with be in love with you. It puts pressure on you, no matter how much the other person denies it. So I'm senasative to any circumstance that may force a person to say they have feelings for someone that they don't. Because I had to be careful with that for so long. (OT - the exprience ended happily.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard