Next Thread
Print Thread
#56088 10/18/08 05:13 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beth, that was a great update. Loved the whole invitation thing but it did surprise me a little that they would have to wait in line for a new batch. After all, the company made a mistake and should be liable.

The flashback was touching and the graveyard stuff heartfelt. It almost looks as if their Dad tries to reconnect on some level. Is he just realizing he is losing his kids or is it something more? He isn't dying, is he?

Michael

PS: My FDK on the next two parts might be delayed as I'm going to be out of town the last week of October.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#56089 10/18/08 02:42 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This update continues the process of providing a sense of connection with Jay and Ellie. The struggle with the invitations provides a cute introduction but the real meat is at the cemetery.

The more I see this family I can't help but feel that Jay and his father are both very damaged individuals. My feeling is that Jay is healing, although he still has a way to go. Jay's dad seems to be at a crux. He must see that he's losing what family he has. I can't help but think that he is harboring the hope that exposing that the Kent family is in some way “up to no good”, he might reclaim his children. Of course, the sad reality is that even if he discovers the secret, the best he could possibly hope for is to be brought in.

Bob

#56090 10/18/08 08:19 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Loved the whole invitation thing but it did surprise me a little that they would have to wait in line for a new batch. After all, the company made a mistake and should be liable.
Good point, Michael. Well, let's just say that the company is insisting that Kaylie filled the form out incorrectly. So therefore it wasn't their fault. Or something. wink

The more I see this family I can't help but feel that Jay and his father are both very damaged individuals.
I feel the same, Bob. We'll see how things have progressed by the end of the story.

#56091 10/19/08 05:32 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Beth S.:
Good point, Michael. Well, let's just say that the company is insisting that Kaylie filled the form out incorrectly. So therefore it wasn't their fault. Or something. wink
lol Just don't let Lois hear this.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard