Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Elisabeth, part 2 sure follows in the footsteps of part 1 clap

“Perhaps the editors thought that the warmth you displayed demonstrated clear emotional growth in your journalistic skills.”
clap clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This was great! Interesting how Lois has to lose her inhibitions in order to write her novel...

Looking forward to more!

Amber

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Elisabeth -

Very much looking forward to more!

Carol [who got a NANO email from Chris Baty yesterday]

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I have some out-of-town company, so I won't be posting tonight. I have enough to post tomorrow, but it might be short.

Yes, Michael. It's more of the same. My humor doesn't change much over the years.

I've also managed to put the same joke about Lois looking at Clark's personnel files into an inordinate number of stories. At first, it was a coincidence caused by my taking a few years break between my first and second stories. Now it's a signature.

The n-fic homage was a shot in the dark. I'm not the type to peruse the other side of the boards (I still listen to TV more than I watch because I can't watch the icky parts), but a supply closet seemed to be an appropriate place for a clandestine, romantic meeting.

I promise that we'll get to HiM in a little while. We just have a few stops first. My recipe for fanfic has always been to put canon in a large bowl, stir well and serve warm.

Thanks for letting me know that you didn't understand a scene. I'll make a note to clarify before I send it to the archives.

Thanks for dropping in, Amber and Carol. Last year it was noted that those who wrote the nano equivalent of n-fic had the highest word counts by far. Apparently it's inspirational.

Elisabeth

Edit: I added a few clarifying sentences.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Elisabeth:
The n-fic homage was a shot in the dark. I'm not the type to peruse the other side of the boards (I still listen to TV more than I watch because I can't watch the icky parts), but a supply closet seemed to be an appropriate place for a clandestine, romantic meeting.
Yeah, there is a fair share of storage rooms. But I'm actually talking about the whole sentiment and Lois' feelings and thoughts on this. It was a spot on, yet perfectly sweet and innocent homage. thumbsup

Originally posted by Elisabeth:
Thanks for letting me know that you didn't understand a scene. I'll make a note to clarify before I send it to the archives.
blush The first reaction actually was a huh where did that come from. On further deliberation though, it's actually an "How did Lois arrive at she doesn't trust Clark not to have taken advantage of her yet stays so cool about all of it."-question.

Looking forward to tomorrow night smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Elisabeth,
This certainly is a fun story and I am looking forward to the next part!

If I wasn't going on vacation for a week in November, Lois might just tempt me to give Nano a try myself...

Natascha wave

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Don't let a little vacation stop you, Natascha. Last year I started my story ten days late and still made it to 50K words. Where there's a will; there's a way.

Thanks for the feedback, by the way. It really helps to get the juices flowing.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'd forgotten some of the bits in here. Her sudden gain of some 6000 words in a day and a half. And what words they were! Priceless.
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard