carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Posting schedule [ET]:

Friday: Chapters 28 and 29, 3-4pm

Sunday: Chapters 30 and 31, sometime after 3pm [wish I could be more specific...]

Tuesday: Chapters 32 and 33, either before 9am or 4-5pm depending on how my day is going smile .

Thanks.
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that!

Lois and Clark are going to have to stay married for at least five years. It's going to be interesting to see how they fall in love in that time. (because we all know they will! This is Lois and Clark! And this is a Lois and Clark forum!)

I'm kind of upset the way Sam is treating Clark, though. He sounds a little disappointed in him. Which is understandable, given what he
believes. But it still bothers me, especially since I'm still going with the theroy that it's not his baby biologically. (Hope rings eternal, you know. smile )
I'm really dreading the conversation that Clark is going to have to have with his parents, though. Their going to be VERY disappointed in Clark. Especially Jonathann. Let's see from his prospective Clark:
----- cheated on his longtime girlfriend
----- got a woman pregnaut in a relationship he promised that was platonic
----- probably didn't use protection (because that's the conclusion people jump to with unplanned pregnacies, even though it's not always true.)
----- has yet to tell her about his orginins. (I wonder how long that will last, this time?)
----- had sex before he was married.

And since some, if not all (depending on your perspective, of course, we all know what I believe) of these accusations are incorrect, having Jonathan be hard on Clark when he's only trying to help a friend is unfair. But, like I said, it's completely understandable for him in the circumstances. I'd be disappointed in my child if I saw these circumstances, as well. I'm just not looking foward to Clark getting yelled at or whatever for something that's not his fault.

Navance is crazier and creepier than I thought. And Mindy ------ is the real problem in this situation. What is she going to do to keep Lois and Clark apart? Is she going to try to kidnap the baby? Or is she not that close to Navance?

Good job showing Clark's pain at the end of the chapter because he has to tell Lana he married Lois. And Lois is bothered because she would kind of like to sleep with Clark. (more than she would Joe. Hmmmm.... wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fabulous parts, Carol!

Heh, I knew something would come up with Navance, but how very clever of him to take a cheap shot through the law instead of initially by force!

As for Clark...whatever, we all know he'll be so much happier in the long run with Lois than as a Clana participant.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! jawdrop

*picks jaw back off floor*

What an amazing 2 parts. Full of emotion and turmoil and frustration and sadness.

I knew Mr Evil Dictator would pull something on them.... but 5 years is an awfully long time to be married to someone you don't think you love.

Interestingly I am curious why Clark is seeing Lana every time he closes his eyes... is that guilt? I'm pretty sure he dreamt he was with Lois for part of his hypothermic dream experience... I wonder if he knows sub-conciously he feels something for Lois and is expressing those feelings by focussing on the 'known'... Lana.

Woooh Boy - I can NOT wait to see Lana explode when Clark sits her down and tells her not only is he married to Lois but that she is carrying "his" child.
'Houston - we have a screaming nasty long haired blonde chick in orbit.. please advise...'

And yes... is Clark going to sneak away to his parents. I can't see him being able to pull the wool over their eyes with all this. Martha always seems to know when he's hiding something...

And how will the Kent's react when they meet Lois, not only married to their boy, but pregnant...
Will they be suspicious? Especially since they know their son isn't exactly.... human.

Then back to the A plot... will Lois protect her child and back off from figuring out Sam's girlfriends involvement? Or will she plow headstrong in to try and find the connection between the girlfriend, the guns and Mr Evil Dictator.

And I guess the question that won't be solved for many chapters yet... WHO is the father of the baby???

Loving it Carol... eagerly awaiting more.. more... more...

When I see Navance, I actually see that guy from 'Beutician and the Beast'... I think the guy played Bond (not very well) once...

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, I'm not even sure what to say here. You threw down numerous game-changers and just kept 'em coming.

I managed to get you two an apartment on campus.
I know both Clark and I were struck speechless at that one. And then...

She shook her head. "No. The way the law reads now, the husband is only the biological father regardless of any other challenges if the marriage lasts at least five years after the child is born."
Navance! Who's to say he won't keep changing things until he gets his way. I'm with Clark from previous chapters--this evil maniac dictator scares me.

Carol, you are quite adept at continuously ratcheting up the temperature. I don't know just who is getting boiled here: Kermit, the readers, or the characters. Did I already say 'wow'?

I do feel sad for Clark and what he has to go through--the letting go of Lana et al. but at the same time I enjoy how sticky everything keeps getting. I'm excited for the next part(s)!

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
"You are my responsibility," he said quietly. "I promised to protect you for better or worse. I know we didn't really think that it was going to last, but I did promise that before God in a chapel in front of a chaplain."
As a lot of people may know I'm not religious, but that was just so beautiful! mecry

And while it's true that Clark often irritates me, I love when I can love him. Here he is so lovable, Carol! shock shock shock

Brilliant as ever, Carol!

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I'll respond more later but...

Ann - I promise you'll have plenty of opportunity to be annoyed with Clark [and probably lots of other people too at some point wink ].

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Okay, yeah. blush Erm... Sorry about the OMG's, Carol blush

So in no particular order:

Don't tell me it was Navance's little bastard (er “nephew”) who has raped Lois. Don't tell me Lois was raped at all shock shock

And Clark actually hopes someone will take a shot at Navance and get lucky. Am I in the twilight zone. (not that I mind, because it is gooooooood here.)

Lois is actually getting horny. Guess being pregnant has some effects :p

Last but not least, Jonathan. Will he swing by campus and tell his new daughter-in-law that her husband takes to the skies on a regular basis?

Michael, who thinks it's mean to not post this in one looooooong post and Carol is just milking it for all the FDK she can get wink *hugs*

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
please delete

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
please delete

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Five years! Wow, that is a long time. So, Clark will be dumping Lana, staying faithfully married to Lois and adopting his own son. Now, better than this would be Lois fluctuating or being slightly affected by kryptonite to find out that Junior is a super baby. laugh

Probably I'll change my mind later, but right now Navance is my favorite monster. smile1

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
You are great with the unexpected twists =P

And that being the case, I wonder how you're going to rock the boat next.....

For all that I am for Lois and Clark, its hard to see Clark cornered into dumping Lana.. he's still so in love with her that I can't see him letting anything develop with Lois.

Keep the twists and turns coming!

Sara "Lieta"
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
So Clark has just done his first hero deed which consequently required his first hero sacrifice. And he saved them from the first scrape that Lois got them both into. I love how Lois and Clark are the same no matter when/where they are!

And if some dumb evil dictator thinks that threatening them is the way to keep Lois and Clark from uncovering his evildoing, he's sorely mistaken.

I just hope Sam doesn't betray Lois, intentionally or otherwise...Michael's comment made me a little nervous.

Now I'm just waiting for when Lois finds out about Clark's advantages and for Lois to meet Martha and Jonathan.

Amber

Kerth
Kerth
Loved these parts. Honestly, I might be chewing my nails until I can read on. (Or maybe not - they're already way too short as it is.) Still, this story has me hooked. (Ever considered writing professionally?)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/looks carefully at window. Is fully loaded...

Whew.

Thanks so much! Look for 28/29 at... 430-530 ET today.

Sara - /looks around puzzled. It's not a Clana forum? Sam doesn't know the whole story. If he did I would probably agree with your feelings on that, but afahk, Clark is the baby's bio dad. As for his parents... Ah, that was fun to write wink .

Jen - Silly dictators! Think they can run everything!

Lisa - he obviously doesn't know Clark and Lois. They're stubborn as mules if nothing else and five years isn't *that* long... is it? [My baby just turned 7 this week - that has FLOWN by...]

Sonia - I think Sam thought he was doing them a favor by finding his newly married daughter and her husband a place to live. He doesn't know the whole story. /asks Clark to send cooling breath Sonia's way

Ann - I'm glad you can love Clark here! You'll have plenty of opportunity to be annoyed with him [and probably everybody else at one point or another wink ]. Um... she's not going to her dad's house though... /forgets where 27 left off though so stops there...

Michael - how do you really feel again? I'm not quite sure where you're getting the Sam stuff, unless you're being completely sarcastic... Maybe it's because we're used to seeing Sam the creep. This Sam's *only* ulterior motive is Lois' happiness and safety. He's a great dad - current judgment in girlfriends aside - and loves Lois very, very much.

As for why I'm not posting all at once... It's not done wink .

Andreia - have I mentioned you rock? /points to email Navance is a monster, but a hero?!?!? wink

Lieta - thank you! We'll see what happens...

Amber - See my note to Michael about Sam. I'm still not convinced [or wasn't when I wrote this] that anyone made the connection between Mindy and Lois/Clark on the plane.

Lara - don't chew your nails! Er, yeah - I have about four novels started on the ol' HD... Think the longest is about 40 pages... Not sure anyone would actually read them...

Look for the next two here in a bit! Thanks guys!

Carol [who made a bit of progress yesterday, thanks to Beth!]

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by carolm:
.....five years isn't *that* long... is it?
Five years is how long I've been a biochemistry undergrad... believe me that has crawled =P

Sara "Lieta"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
Michael - how do you really feel again? I'm not quite sure where you're getting the Sam stuff, unless you're being completely sarcastic...
blush That was me being completely and happily worked up over the parts blush I guess a simple "I loved it" would have done, too.

Sam: Just painting the most hairbrain idea I could think of, based on the principle of being guilty until proven innocent devil

Michael, who is just a tad excited to see that OTOH 28/29 is already posted.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hehe.

I wondered that but just wasn't sure how to take it...
wink

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard