Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55954 10/13/08 03:30 PM
cp33 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I thought you did a wonderful job with this tale. I posted my first story this summer using the same line, heres to lots of positive feedback for you.

I look forward to seeing more from you.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nicely done. A follow on would be great.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark leaned in to speak softly in her ear. “So, as the all-knowing Clark Kent expert, what has happened to me that is better than this?”

Lois turned so she could look him straight in the eye, no more than a breath of space between them. She smiled impishly as she said, simply, “Me.”
Awww! That is so sweet!

Excellent short fic (and I know it's harder to write short than to write long) that gets right to the point and has an appropriate, fun ending.

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
wonderfully written with great L&C dialogue. I could picture their expressions and mannerisms throughout the story. You should definitely keep writing more and more L&C stories. This story was a great mixture of Waffiness, flirty and fun. I loved it. I hope to see more soon

robinson
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Thanks for all the nice comments!

I will admit that thoughts of a sequel have crossed my mind...we'll see how that goes!

Thanks again!
Amber (breathing a sigh of relief, now that the scary first step has been taken!)

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Amber, nicely done. It's obvious that your time on the boards hasn't been wasted even if you haven't written anything prior to this.

The story was cute, and the dialog sounded true. Both Lois and Clark were well in character.

Even though we could all see your ending sentence coming, I think we would have been disapointed if Lois hadn't said it.

Keep writing.

Tank (who still pops in every now and then to check things out)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!Oh it would be nice for a follow up story but this was just a perfect little happy day fic. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sorry it took me so long to comment! This was a lovely vignette. I loved your smart, cool Lois! thumbsup hyper

“I have to hand it to you. I think this mystery has taken me longer to solve than anything I've ever investigated, and I've seen the Clark-you practically every day for over a year. For that matter, I've had more contact with the Superman-you than anyone else.”
Ha! I love how that girl puts things! laugh

“I lost you there for a minute. You really must have known for a while if flying doesn't even interest you anymore,” Clark grinned.

“Nice try, Kent. As if you'd get out of taking me flying that easily,” Lois grinned back. “But I agree, it is definitely one of the best things that happened to you.”
I just love her cool!!!! clap

“So, as the all-knowing Clark Kent expert, what has happened to me that is better than this?”

Lois turned so she could look him straight in the eye, no more than a breath of space between them. She smiled impishly as she said, simply, “Me.”
Yep, darn straight!!!!

How lucky we are that you wrote this vignette for us, Amber! notworthy

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That was a great first fic, Amber. Actually, it would have been a great non-first, too wink

Hope you will show us more, Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Thanks everybody! Your comments are really a confidence-booster. Making sure Lois and Clark are in character is one of my biggest concerns, so I'm glad to hear I managed that.

I have a couple of ideas for new stories, but I've decided that I'm biting the bullet and saving them for NaNo...

Amber

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
If you do vignette this well, I can't wait to see what you come up with for nanowrimo. thumbsup

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard