Print Thread
#55891 10/11/08 08:25 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Ooooo. Will definitely be back for more!

Love Cat here. Love that Lois loves Clark. Love that Clark's working late wink .

More soon please.

Carol [who wonders what the posting schedule is anyway...]

#55892 10/11/08 04:45 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I wonder, to whose nightmares does the title refer? Will they be Cat's, for which a prescription of Clark's personal attention will be necessary? Or will they be Lois', because she will find out if Clark comforts Cat, even if all he really does is keep her company. At this point in time, she's not going to be very understanding. Nor does she have any security about the way he feels about her. She's as likely to jump to the wrong conclusion about Clark and Cat as she is to eat a gallon of chocolate chunk ice cream to ease her loneliness.

Or maybe Clark will have nightmares of Lois leaving him forever because she believes he's given up on her and taken up with Cat (who was, I maintain, sorely underused in the one season in which she appeared).

Very good start. Bringing Cat back and putting her in mortal jeopardy was an excellent way to fold in complications without forcing anything. Everything flowed so naturally, including having Clark's work pile up because he's "returning too many library books." This is going to be interesting.

So where's the next part?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#55893 10/11/08 05:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What I'm wondering is: will Cat realize that CK=S? He's probably physically smaller than the would-be rapist and Cat might wonder how Clark would be able to fight off an armed attacker.

#55894 10/11/08 08:20 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I love Cat. I really do. Especially when you get to see a little depth to her.

I also wonder if she'll figure out the CK=S thing.

This is a great start, and I can't wait to see where you're going to take it.

#55895 10/12/08 03:14 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Very interesting beginning. I look forward to the next part. Lois will not be happy to see Cat back.

#55896 10/12/08 11:49 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for the nice feedback. Concerning the posting schedule, I'm not really sure how regular it will be. The story itself is finished and betaed. But real life keeps me busy, lately. I guess the next part will be posted today. I'll try posting part 3 on Wednesday, but it might take me until Friday, I'm afraid.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#55897 10/13/08 06:45 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oy, Barbara. I'm so sorry that it took me until you translated it to get to it. blush

This is a great start, and to have Cat attacked, I never saw it coming. Why do I get the feeling that you're sort of pushing Clark and Cat together, though?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard