Wednesday: Chapters 26 and 27, 4-5pm

Friday: Chapters 28 and 29, 4-5pm

Thanks smile .

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Marriage? Really? How could you break up our all time favorite couple Lana and Clark whinging

Um, yeah. So. First Lois sleeps with Clark and neither knows. Next she is pregnant with his child and neither of them knows. Then she marries Clark and they both believe it's just a matter of red tape to get it annulled again. So, when are you going to us that they actually love each other without them knowing. And when they stay sort of married, who will get jealous first.

Carol, your story is like the Chinese water torture. Small drops, continuously dripping away at our sanity. Why don't you just drown us?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
eeeeeeenteresting........... smile1

Sara "Lieta"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh!!! How could you stop there?

Seriously! This fic is totally addictive. There are new amazing developments in every chapter! Was it ML who suggested a shotgun wedding, in honor of all the guns that were present anyway?

[Linked Image]

Yep, this is a shotgun wedding! It says so at the bottom left corner of the picture, even if the building doesn't look like the American Embassy. Hmmm, and who on Earth is that flying guy to the left? eek

Well, after the wedding Clark could perhaps offer Lois Kent a journey home, courtesy of Clark Kent express? laugh

(Wowzers!!!! What if Lana sees them flying by??? eek eek eek )

[Linked Image]

Is this Carol's fic? eek clap clap clap

It's a good thing Clark can fly!!!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So can we start throwing bets on the table for the marriage? I don't have a feeling this marriage is going to end as quickly as Clark seems to think...I think when you mix international relations, a baby, and Lois & Clark into a blender and stir...well you just might wind up with a decent relationship at the end, as opposed to a Clana Revival. Strange, huh? goofy

Great parts!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That was sweet. I love the fact that Clark was willing to marry Lois and pon Lana's ring, just to make sure Lois and the baby are okay.

I really don't think Lana is going to be as understanding about this this time. smile

I'm a little concerned about the baby, though. Clark seems emotionally attached to it, and that makes sense, considering the kind of guy he is. Especially if you go with the idea that it's a 'foreshadow' of the future. (Kind of like when he thought he and Lois were on their honeymoon.) But what if it's more than that? What if it is his, biologically? You wouldn't do that to me, would you Carol? You wouldn't make Clark lose his honor by cheating on Lana? And make me lose respect for him?

Of course, I know you're going to write it the way your going to write, no matter what anyone else says. And you can't please everybody. Most of the rest of the audience is begging you to let the baby be Clark's, while I begging you to not let it be Clark's. I wait and see.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Dilemmas, dilemmas.

I can understand the argument for Clark's honor, but I think that he has shown himself to be quite honorable through his actions thus far in the story. Also, I would argue that the cabin incident (if there *were* such an incident) was a consequence of delirium and hallucination--not a conscious act. Would that mean he didn't cheat on Lana? No, but I would rather that be the case than the alternative. It will be bad enough when Lois has to emotionally deal with the thought of being raped, it would make me (and Lois) feel better to finally realized that in fact she wasn't.

I'm pleased that they've gotten married and will be able to get out of Latislan all in one piece. I don't think the annulment is going to be simple and as quick of a fix as they hope. I can't really say why I think that--it's just a feeling. I feel bad for both of them at this point. As pleased as I am to have them married, neither Lois nor Clark are very happy. I found it a little funny that Clark was worried about sharing a room when they are *roommates* back in Metropolis. I know the circumstances have changed, but still.

I can feel the impending tension over the whole ordeal. Lois feels guilty, Clark feels guilty, and what should be a happy period for both of them is a downer--like they were backed into marriage. I look forward to seeing how the tide and tone of the story will change to show them mutually falling in love (crossing fingers in hope that there will be some seeds of this soon).

Hey Carol, I have a suggestion for a wrench to put in the works: Lois could get a super-symptom (maybe she floats in her sleep) that makes Clark delay and rethink the dissolution. Again, I volunteer to throw the spike in the wheel. Just sayin'...

Thanks for sharing!
~Sonia

BTW- I found the jokes to be a great addition wink

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well... married n all that hmm?

I'm just thinking too much here, but, won't they have to stay 'married' until the baby is born 'at least' in order for Mr Evil Dictator to not insist the baby is his again and show the sham up for what it is?

I actually found Clark a little emotionless towards Lois through these two chapters... I know he was wallowing a bit in his Lana issues.. which may have been why I felt this...
Are we going to find out what was said to Clark outside the room? He alludes to it a couple of times...

And Lois... the realisation is sinking in a lot slower than i expected, but it is sinking. I imagine everything around her must feel almost 'dream-like' at this point.

I can't wait to see the next chapters.... and since I didn't read these 2 until now.... less time to wait *yeehaw*!!

Loving this story...

thumbsup thumbsup

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Top Banana
Top Banana
I also liked that Clark was unwilling to give Lana's ring to Lois or vice versa!

They are married yay! but things just aren't that simple, are they?

I'm just wondering will Clark be able to just slide out of one marriage (howsoever circumstantial it maybe) and slide into another as easily as he's thinking. Ofcourse that assumes Lana would want to.. but I'm more worried about Clark... wouldn't it bother him to treat his vows so lightly.. Coz he's already begun reiterating to himself..."for the sake Lois and baby's safety"..."for the sake Lois and baby's safety"... smile

And Lois... wow! I think because of the situation she's in, it's slowly but steadily sinking in what a big turn her life's gonna take... thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks everyone. Look for 24/25 late this afternoon ET.

Michael - I'm so sorry break up Clana for the moment. I promise to do my best to get them back together soon for you. If you'd like, I could post one part EOD instead... /whistles innocently

Lieta - 'Call Me Daniel' caught me by surprise but I love him here.

Ann - FARCE has a meeting this afternoon [Fanfic Addicts Recovery Co-dependent EGroup - founded by Pam] - unless there's new fic parts posted of course wink . Um... not sure who it was but know it wasn't ML because she doesn't read WIPs... It is a good thing Clark can fly, but I'm not sure a broken roller coaster is why smile .

Jen - I'm sure Ralph will open a book for you guys. I can't get in on it since I know what happens wink .

Sara - Lana? Understanding? Stranger things have happened... I do understand why you don't want L/C to have been together though I'm not sure I agree with you. *IF* it did happen [and I've thought through both scenarios completely so don't read anything into that], Clark was completely delirious and actually did think he was with Lana, not Lois. When he remembers later, he overlays both of them into his memory - at least that's the way I seeing it having played out *if* it did happen - or how it would have played out if it had happened. Technically, he would have still cheated on Lana, but there was no... intentionality to it.

Sonia - I agree with your assessment of Clark. And sharing a dorm room [or the occasional bed at a cabin wink ] is different than sleeping in a room - and probably a bed - with your [temporary] wife/husband.

Lisa - one benefit to reading late... the others will be posted in a few hours [like 8ish?]. Good point - will the baby be claimed by Mr. Dictator if they get an annulment? Can he claim baby? And Clark wallow? When leaving the woman he believes to be the love of his life? Couldn't be. Yes, we will find out what Navance said to Clark but not for a while.

AnKS - I actually had written a part past this where there was a fight about the ring so I had to make sure I knew what happened to it. We'll find out more about Lois and how she's dealing with it all before too long...

Thanks everyone! More this afternoon!
Carol [who was caught COMPLETELY off-guard by Clark last night - the things that boy decides not to tell me until late in the game...]

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
Michael - I'm so sorry break up Clana for the moment. I promise to do my best to get them back together soon for you.
Yes, please? laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey,
I am back and I was able to sneak online and read while at my parents.

Not having been able to comment right away, I have been debating what to say for the past few days and I still haven't really decided if I like where this story is going. Don't get me wrong, your writing is excellent, it pulls me right in. And I like your characterizations.

But I was really hoping Lois would not be pregnant (again) and with her not remembering anything (the rape or sleeping with Clark) it is just too much of a deja vu from your last story for me. No offense! It is your story and I respect that.

Of course I want to know what happens next and I will keep reading. I want to find out why you chose this way and what you have in store for not only Lois and Clark but Lana, Joe, Sam etc as well. So I will keep reading and commenting whenever I get a chance.

Hey, maybe you will tell us later that Clark's kryptonian heritage enables him to impregnate an earth woman simply by spending a certain amount of time naked in each others arms. cat

Natascha

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Michael - I was referring to the 'Chinese Water Torture' portion of your comment when I offered to post one part EOD wink .

Natascha - I do understand where you're coming from and normally I wouldn't use the same plot device in back to back stories, but that's just sort of how it happened smile . Sometimes there's only so much you can do with characters when they start doing what they want... We'll find out more about how Lois got pregnant later... Does that help?

Look for 24/25 soon smile .

Carol

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Natascha - As a fellow reader (who happens to have seen what's coming after this) I just wanted to say that I had the same reaction when I read this part of the story. But a few chapters later on, I stopped caring. As the story progresses, this seemed less and less like LtL (although, of course, I don't think Carol would appreciate it if I told you how that happened).

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
Michael - I was referring to the 'Chinese Water Torture' portion of your comment when I offered to post one part EOD wink .
Right blush laugh Drowning is better wink

Michael

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/points to boards

go drown wink .

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know clap something to wake up to.

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard