Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Short is definitely okay when a part is this sweet! I'm so glad we got to see more of Sara - sounds like she just might be the bridge Clark needs to get his whole life back from the in-between point he's at currently.

I loved how the setting reflected each of their current emotional states.

Amber

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Jenni -

I loved this. And I love the adrenaline theory. It works very well.

More soon please smile .
Carol

Columnist
Columnist
Jenni, that is such a charming, touching chapter. Clark's quiet gentle strength and support was what Sara needed as it seemed to help Clark as well.

Really a beautifully written chapter.

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful

robinson
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
She took Clark's hand and started pulling him along the boardwalk. He couldn't help but concede, while thinking she reminded him of a wild silkie from a Celtic legend, so unlike his customarily gentle daughter.
A wild silkie! How absolutely beautiful! I love when Scottish lore creeps into your fics, Jenni!

And like the others have said, all of this chapter was aboslutely beautiful. I, too, was glad to see more of Sara. I loved how Clark was able to reach her and make her understand, and I loved how she could explain to him about his powers, too!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, great chapter, It almost made me cry. Keep it coming

Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This part took the time out to show us a very tender side of Clark, and one that isn't explored all that often around here... the part of being not Superman, and not even Clark, but of being a loving, understanding, and caring father... a real dad.

I think this 'break' from the A plot is well placed... and brings back to us the realisation that Clark is more human than people give him credit. It also shows his flaws and weakness's without actually lessening him as a person, as a character, and most importantly as a dad.

I loved it Jenni. Short, sweet and full of emotion...

Thanks for keeping this coming... can't wait to read more...

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this part. Clark's insight into his daughter's character and his responses to her concerns were very touching. With a mix of Clark's compassion and Lois' drive, no wonder she's conflicted about her inability to do it all. I'm glad she chose spending time with her dad over competing and so is Clark.

You have such a beautiful writing style. It was easy to see and feel the weather through your words and it was interesting (almost fun) to see Clark's discomfort with the cold. So many changes for him, yet he's still the same guy.

Love the adrenalin theory.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a sweet and waffy episode, Jenni. And why do I have the feeling that you will blindside us with the next bomb?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very sweet. Very Daddy like.

James mecry

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I feel very guilty that I haven't replied to all your wonderful feedback before now, but I've been working so hard to write the next part of this story, which I haven't actually managed to do.

So please accept my apologies for being late, but I was so very happy that you enjoyed the last scene.

I sometimes feel that I'm more an A-plot writer and that I don't write personal interaction very well, so your comments reassured me that maybe I'm not so bad. wink

Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard