Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Will you guyes give me feedback, pretty please with a cherry on top? smile

And - I am looking for HONEST feedback. I want to hear what you think, not what you think I want to hear. (I don't mean to say most of you aren't honest when you give feedback, because I'm sure you are. I know always am. But this whole "be gentle with the new author" concept bothers me.)

One more thing. Some of you may know some more things about Larry than what was written in this part. Please try not to mention that. I'd like to keep that underraps for now.

[Just adding part no. into header - LabRat]

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
Great start. I'm looking forward to the next section. Do you have a posting schedule?

Blogger
Blogger
I haven't started reading yet...gotta get some chocolate first...but sounds like your story will go very well for my Sunday afternoon 'relaxation reading' in the garden.

I will be back!

Fauve

Clark: I kept waiting for this incredible feeling of connection. You know, like I was exactly where I belonged, but that's only happened to me once in my life.
Lois: When?
Clark: The day I met you.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Sara - This is great! Really. I love the idea that Clark may use his writing to help work through things he sees as Superman and I can imagine painting would work the same way for Kiley.

The editor of the Planet explanation made me laugh - I wrote something about that for a future chapter of Triangle just before I read this and it was pretty much the same. smile

I can't wait to see what happens with Kiley and Larry. I'm guessing Larry's not Swiss given the accent and the name Larry (that's not Swiss, is it?) so I'm feeling a bit suspicous of him already, but hoping I'm wrong.

Blogger
Blogger
Love your story so far, Sara. Not needed any chocolate...yet. I haven't read many stories of Lois and Clark with a grown-up family so I am looking forward to further chapters. I can particularly identify with Clark and his elder daughter...my father and I have a similar relationship and the older I get, the more I find I am like my father...even though Mum has been telling me that for years!

Fauve

Clark: I kept waiting for this incredible feeling of connection. You know, like I was exactly where I belonged, but that's only happened to me once in my life.
Lois: When?
Clark: The day I met you.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Very interesting.

I'm in for the ride. I do like next gen if done well - and so far this one is smile .

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

I like what I've seen so far, which seems quite waffy smile Not sure where to put Larry. On one hand, his name starts with L and he is in Switzerland, so he could be an illegitimate lovechild from Lex. On the other hand, he might be totally innocent and the perfect match for Kiley.

I hope you're also going to show us more of Alice. She seems to be a much rougher diamond than Kiley.

Oh, and why do I get the completely absurd feeling that chocolate has something to do with making krypto-human children laugh ?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello, everyone. I'm so glad that you have all given me feedback!

I guess starting your own FDK thread really works, doesn't it?

I'm going to be going with a twice a week posting scheldue for now. Look for part two on Wed. This may change, however, depending on how much buffer I have. I'll let you know.

Fauve - Well, I guess whether you need chocolate depends on the person. But when I was writing this, I certainly noticed I was getting cravings, and my beta mentioned it after chapter one as well. So I thought I should let people know just in case.
Interesting to know your relationship with your father. It actually surprised me how well I seemed to be writing Clark's relationship with Kiley, because I don't have a close relationship with my father. Not that he's a bad person or anything, but I didn't grow up with him and have a hard time relating to him. Whatever. Discresion.
Kiley's relationship with her father and vice versa, will become very important later on. You'll see why soon.

Anonip - We'll I can't take all the credit for the idea of Clark being helped with what he sees as Superman by writing. I believe I read it in on of Meredith Knight's stories first. But it works well here, as does Kiley's painting.
Interesting about the EIC change.
And as for Kiley and Larry's relationship - we'll see.

Carol - I'm glad to have you. Hopefully I can live up to your expectations.

Michael - Interesting observations. This does start out very WAFFY, yes. And there are many WAFFY moments in it. But it's going to get very Angsty as well, later. And that's all I can say.

As for Alice - she's very much a secondary character in this story. I see her as a lot more like Lois than the other two children. -
She's a perfectionist, she doesn't like quiet, and she's not very patient. But she's also a typical seventeen-year-old girl who's not sure what she wants in life yet.
However, I have considered writing sequels which feature Thomas and Alice, respectfully. Depends on how this story goes.

Thanks again. smile

Columnist
Columnist
A next gen story?!

/runs

/tackles

/gobbles up like a box of Swiss chocolate

When is there going to be *burp* more?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I guess starting your own FDK thread really works, doesn't it?
Yep, it certainly has been known to help.

However, I have considered writing sequels which feature Thomas and Alice, respectfully. Depends on how this story goes.
I know the feeling and great news smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard