Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
cp33 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Jenni, so glad to see this posted this morning. I loved the scene in the office between Lois and Clark. It was nice to see a tender moment between them.

I am enjoying this story very much.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I was glad to see Lois accept that. I do wish Clark would be honest with her. 'You know Lois, I do miss flying, but I wouldn't trade what we have to fly' or something like that.

More soon smile .

Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved Lois and Clark's talk at the office! And I liked the small insight into Sarah's problems, too.

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awww

That part was really touching.

I loved the interaction between Lois and Clark, sweet, yet moving forward.

I am a little curious as to why Clark told the white lie to Lois... but perhaps he wasn't lying so much as trying to convince himself to start putting things in perspective?

I was also relieved to see Lois is starting to come to terms with the fact Clark can't help but help. It is in his nature, and I don't think he could change that...

Jenni... I find your writing style refreshing.. as much as Lois and Clark are American icons, it is really nice to see a British view of their world.

Keep it coming please...

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
It's so great to see Lois and Clark moving forward in their relationship and come to a greater understanding of each other. Maybe now that Lois has reached this level of acceptance of Clark, he can start being more open about his thoughts and feelings.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I probably should have given feedback on this
story earlier, but I have to say it took me a while to get in to it.

I loved this chapter though. It's nice that Lois is supporting Clark now.

I have to disagree with the idea that Clark is telling a "white lie" to Lois about flying, though. He isn't saying he doesn't miss flying. In fact, he tells Lois he does miss it.

But what he does tell her is that her and his kids are more important than whether or not he can fly. And I believe this is true for Clark. He's concentrating on what he's gained now, not what he's lost.

I also like the discussion they had about Superman at the end. If his powers come back, should he be Superman again?

I'm glad they both realize that there's a big difference between small rescues and Superman rescues. Even though Lois fell in love with Clark-as-Superman, ultimately Superman is what took him away from her. (They had this conversation in "The Forgotten.") She not ready for that yet. Clark knows that, and really, he isn't ready either. Besides the whole finger missing thing, that is.

Blogger
Blogger
I have been following this from the beginning, and have been shamefully remiss about providing feedback. So sorry! I can only imagine how much work you're putting into it, and really hadn't meant to take it for granted.

So, my feedback is: I thought The Forgotten was one of the most powerful fanfics I've ever read. Heartbreakingly beautiful. I was absolutely thrilled when you started a sequel, and so far the sequel easily meets the (very high) standard that you set with the first story.

Great job!

Peace, Carolyn
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I absolutely loved this part. It was so moving and deep. I am a big believer that both Lois and Clark have to truly accept and understand who Clark is at this moment. It is about always accepting and loving yourself for who you are at a given time not for what you can be. We must all be true to who you are. It is also about others loving, accepting and supporting us for where we are in our lifes. Both Lois and Clark made great strides in this chapter. I see the super powers as somewhat symbolic - the more they accept, trust and let go of fears the more the powers come back. It is a growing process for both.

Wonderful, keep it up.

robinson
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great, sweet chapter, Jenni. I waited for the stuff to hit the fan, but it didn't. Wow. Looking forward to part 20.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

Just wanted to thank everyone for leaving fdk and to welcome more readers.

Sara, I'm sorry it took you a while to get into this fic, but I'm glad that you finally liked it enough to join in. Thank you for leaving comments.

Carolyn, wow. You made me feel so happy with your great comments. smile

And for everyone else who is continuing to read and to take time to leave fdk, I can only say I'm totally grateful.

I did hope you would all like the fact that Lois is starting to accept Clark as he is now ... and that Clark is too. He does miss flying, but he is weighing the lack of some of his powers against his blessings, and isn't too upset with where he is, right now.

However, will he always have to do that? To tell the truth, I'm not sure even I know the answer to that yet.

Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard