Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55589 10/01/08 08:36 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh Nan... you tease....

Another excellent outstanding story.... but it finishes so prematurely...

I loved your insight into Lois... the investigative reporter in her holding back even though she has see the fact with her own eyes.

Could this perhaps be a series starting to form where she 'collects' evidence to force Clark to a confession?

Please tell me there will be more to this story.

I love your writing...

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
#55590 10/02/08 12:36 AM
Columnist
Columnist
What a great waking up piece Nan! It is too early in the mornig for great thought but I liked how you told the story through Lois' eyes and still focused on Clark,

I too, hope there is more.

#55591 10/02/08 08:10 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a sweet, waffy story, Nan. It was so great to see an update to Feathers. Of course, now I (we?) want to see how it plays out.

Michael

PS: Any news on Home?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#55592 10/02/08 08:15 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks for asking, Michael. I'm working on Murder by Earthlight but it's going slowly because of real life interference. I'm down to the last two or three segments and hope to have a part up soon, but I figured a snippet from the Feathers universe <g> would help people be patient.

On the 11th, I have to be at a wedding in Sacramento, so I will be traveling on the 10th and returning on the 12th, so don't expect anything on those days.

Thanks for the comments on Tsunami, everyone.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#55593 10/02/08 11:39 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story as usual, Nan. I too would like to see more since Lois has discovered Clark's identity early. Good news on Murder by Earthlight. I keep checking the boards daily!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#55594 10/02/08 05:08 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Really nice Nan,

Lois's decision to "sit on" her knowledge is a wonderful twist. There seems to be a lot of possibilities moving forward. I loved her introspection of how Clark must think of her based on her stealing his story.

I am concerned that if she holds out too long they might inadvertently end up in the same situation that she fears with Clark being unable to trust her.

I hope there will be another segment.

Bob

#55595 10/02/08 10:21 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Nan,

Another great short story from you. You write these so well. thumbsup

I love Lois' reasoning it out, and I think it's totally in character that she would keep quiet while she works out what Clark's agenda is.

Because of her past experiences she can't quite get the point that Clark is just here to help, so we need more sequels from you to see her working through that. wink

Yours Jenni

#55596 10/03/08 12:23 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I really loved this, like pretty much everything else you've written -- but come on, it's crying out for a sequel! smile

Peace, Carolyn
#55597 10/03/08 10:18 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Nan:
Thanks for asking, Michael. I'm working on Murder by Earthlight but it's going slowly because of real life interference. I'm down to the last two or three segments and hope to have a part up soon, but I figured a snippet from the Feathers universe <g> would help people be patient.
Oh, yes, it sure helped. Also, Home is such a wonderfully safe and waffy universe by now. The plot is still thrilling, but I'm not crazed out of my mind about whether Lori and Clark and Mary (?) (okay, it's too long after all :p ) are going to be safe, so it's a happy suspension. One that can simmer for a while.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#55598 10/03/08 06:57 PM
Blogger
Blogger
What a delightful story! Thank you so much, Nan.

Fauve

Clark: I kept waiting for this incredible feeling of connection. You know, like I was exactly where I belonged, but that's only happened to me once in my life.
Lois: When?
Clark: The day I met you.
#55599 10/04/08 06:44 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
This is a lovely story. And I can only take comfort in the fact that you referred to the "Feathers universe" and assume that means there is more coming. Right?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard