carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Posting schedule [ET]:

Chapters 10/11: Monday evening, 7-8pm

Chapters 12/13: Wednesday evening, before 6pm or after 10pm [as I won't be home in between, probably earlier rather than later]

Chapters 14/15: Friday evening, 5-6pm

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper And perfect timing. Will be back with actual FDK

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It was fun seeing you use parts of the show in these chapters.

I also enjoyed seeing Lois and Clark interact without Lana in the picture. They seemed to settle into a relaxed banter easily...

During the car conversation between Lois and Clark I started wondering.. how close to the mark is Lois with the drugging. Sure, Clark would never do something like that, but what about Lana? I just don't trust that gal.

Lane Lane... is this perhaps the road where Lucy and Ellen died... perhaps the road to Lois's fathers cabin? Why do I have a feeling they might end up at the cabin instead of back in Metropolis?

I laughed so hard when I saw the name of the piece of jewellery... seriously... your humour is definitely not lost on me. smile smile1

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! I'm so glad Lois and Clark didn't have to wait till a "cold day in Sahara" to tush push wink

I also liked how you tied in Rachel and Clark's going to the prom together inspite of Lana and Clark being a couple smile

So... no powers (loved the Irish Eyes reference for kryptonite laugh ) and snowed in... cool cool

Hmm, so Lana was the first person Clark remembered when he gained consciousness. And is Clark thinking of proposing to Lana SOON? grumble Seriously though, I like all the tidbits that show how much Clark loves Lana, (although I'd much rather he didn't :p )

Will Lois and Clark end up at the cabin? After all Clark in his weakened state needs some TLC from Lois right? wink

I would love to see what Lana makes of it when they return. Or maybe Lana and Joe will go to the bonfire in Metropolis together and then I'd love to see what Clark makes of it... hehe laugh

Lovely story... thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap

"I'm sorry, Lois. Really. I am."

I sighed. "I know you are." I knew he cared about me. A lot. Even if we weren't going to have happily ever after together. I allowed him to pull me into a hug and I rested my head against his shoulder. I felt safe with Joe. I knew he'd never push me and he knew I'd never let myself be pushed.
What? eek May I hit the creep? And what's up with Lois. Just what has happened to her in the past to make her so totally accepting, in denial and completely hung on to Joe? I guess he'd been there for her when Mom and Lucy died and things, but still, Lois is seeing him as both a friend and a date, and yet, she only uses the less-important characteristics of those, i.e. a friend should take care of you, and yet he doesn't and a date shouldn't dump her during the date, and yet he does. And Lois still forgives him in a heartbeat. dizzy

Part 4
I snorted. Gee, that was ladylike. "That's not surprising. She's hated me ever since I told our history teacher she was cheating off of me. And the same day that Paul, our editor at the paper, asked me to Homecoming instead of her. She didn't care that I turned him down because he was a creep."
Part 8
"Yeah. Paul's making me take Clark with me."
Now what is up with Paul being Lois constant editor since highschool?

I stared out the window as we turned off I-43 and onto US-80. A few minutes later, we drove through the small town of Alberton. A few miles past that I noticed Lois staring at one particular turnoff onto a narrow strip of asphalt. The sign said 'Lane Lane'. I wondered what that was about, but I didn't ask and she didn't volunteer.
So, that's where they had their accident?

"You really think you're good enough to win this thing, Fred?"

"Fred?" he asked.
:rolleyes: Clark! Astaire!!

The line dancing stuff was so funny.

We wandered towards the jewelry and art section of the Fest. My stomach didn't feel quite right which struck me as odd.
You know you've had too much Superman exposure when the first thing on your mind is green-K. OK, so it's Clark and that makes it obvious, but still.

"Irish Eyes Are Killing"
*Points out LnC reference.*

The artist, it turned out, had grown up in Smallville, moving about eight years earlier.
wallbash Oy

And now they get snowed in and Clark is still out of it and Lois has this unhealthy attraction to him and what is happening next and it is still Saturday and I have to wait 60 hours and now I'm going in circles and Carol get back here!!!!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville

"So why aren't there any webs with words like 'Radiant' in them?" I asked.

Clark rolled his eyes. "Oh, come on. You don't know?"

"Know what?"

"The literacy rate among common New Troy barn spiders is notoriously low. And spell check just doesn't work very well on webs. If you want to find truly smart, sophisticated spiders who know how to spell *without* using spell check, you have to go to Kansas. You should come see some time." The corners of his mouth were twitching and I glared at him.

I loved this. It took me a few minutes to figure
out what you were saying. Then I caught on. "Charolette's Web"! (I hope I spelled that right.) I thought that was so fitting

It's interesting that Lois witnessed Clark's first exposure to Kryptontite. It follows the concept that she understands and accepts his hertiage, and he leans on her like she leans on him. Even though they don't know that it has to do with his hertiage and they don't see it that way right now.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm going to cheat and say that you should check out the other people's feedback and imagine that I wrote it! Particularly Michael's! clap

I loved that literary spider thing, too, although I still don't get the reference at all. I just loved the total weirdness of it! Literary spiders in Kansas!

[Linked Image]

Winner of the next spelling bee? laugh

And the line dancing and the tush pushing was just great. And the Fred Astaire reference was super! clap

[Linked Image]

Lois and Clark? At least our favorite, eh, not-quite-reporters demonstrated that they knew how to dance! clap

And then Clark lost his powers. Interesting. Yes, he does that during those folksy corn worship festivals and similar events, doesn't he? Usually I don't mind. It is kind of interesting to see him without powers now and then. But now that there is a snowstorm brewing, I do feel really scared! shock

But I wonder a little about Lois, how she can be so unconcerned about what happened to her when she was drugged. Isn't she scared that she might have been raped? She hasn't been giving that possibility as much as a thought. She didn't even ask Joe to describe the guy she went upstairs with. Her total and complete denial is interesting.

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
To Ann: "Charlotte's Web" is a children's story about a barnyard spider who decides to help a young piglet become famous so he won't end up as a side of ham and bacon. She weaves words into her webs in order to call attention to Wilbur (the piglet), who captures the attention of the humans around him with his intelligence and physical agility. But it turns out that Charlotte has sacrificed herself for Wilbur's survival, since those literary webs don't capture enough insects for her to feed both herself and her children. It's a very sweet story about friendship and sacrifice, and it's filled with other fun characters too.

I think the speculation of "Lane Lane" being the site of the fatal accident is interesting. Or, maybe it's the road to the cabin which Joe couldn't get Lois to go to but which will house both Lois and Clark for the duration of the storm and a bit longer. And yes, Lana will probably screech like a banshee when Clark gets back, but I doubt Joe would be excessively concerned except for Lois's safety. Of course, he might be upset that Clark got to the cabin with Lois before he did.

I wonder if Lex Luthor is also a student here? He'd certainly know enough chemistry to spike a young woman's beverage, and if he runs true to form he wouldn't have any moral or ethical roadblocks to overcome. And he'd surely have the financial resources to get anything he wanted, and he'd probably feel immune from prosecution with all his (or his daddy's) money.

I just thought about something. If Clark and Lois end up at the cabin with Sam and his new trophy girlfriend, how will they sleep? I got the impression that the cabin isn't much more than a love nest and too small for more than a couple.

But I have to admit that I figured they'd be snowed in somewhere when Clark saw the old car. I envision the tires being so bald that you can see the air inside them. CD player doesn't work, heater does, but maybe the defroster doesn't work so well, and now Clark's down with green-K (I didn't see that coming at all) and can't help drive. It's a recipe for a slapstick comedy, or maybe a French bedroom farce.

Or for a Clark-Lana near breakup.

And I echo Ann's concern for Lois. She's not reacting like a potential victim here. Maybe she's in denial, maybe she's sure that nothing permanent happened, maybe she's ignoring the situation hoping it will just go away, but you've hinted that this will have cascading consequences down the road.

Ooh! If Lois is pregnant and they're at the cabin alone, people are going to assume that they took advantage of the situation and each other. Wow! You're almost forcing these two together!

I already wanted to read the next two posts. Now I really want to read them!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Kudos to Lois for reading Joe the riot act!

"Life's short, Lois. Order what you want."
*snort* Easy to say when you can't gain weight!

Enjoyed their convo in the car.

Great scenes at the festival. I love events like that.

Enter green K. I guess it had to happen eventually!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks everyone!

Lisamaree - My goal was to use something from every ep but I must admit that a couple of the connections are tenuous at best wink . Lane Lane will be addressed tomorrow.

AnKS - I'm with you - I'd rather Clark not love Lana either but *shrug* he didn't ask me frown . TLC? Lois? Seriously? wink

Michael - I promise that Lois did think about what might have happened at the toga party and came to the conclusion that Clark made it there in time, however, the... text where *you* guys would see that didn't come for some time so I worked it in again a bit earlier, but it's still a few chapters away. She has legitimate reasons for believing Clark was in time. As for Joe... we'll learn more about their relationship [besides the on again, off again aspect] and in his defense, he did see Lois walk off with someone else while he was half-drunk. Who says it's the same Paul wink ?

Sara - I had made a reference in the original about spelling spiders and one of my betas [Nancy or Carolyn IIRC] suggested it expanding it in this manner and I LOVED it!

Ann - see Terry's post about Charlotte's Web - maybe it's just a US thing, but it's a children's classic [both a cartoon and live action movie now as well as the book]. See my note to Michael above - she *has* thought about it, we just didn't see it [which perhaps was a mistake, will ponder correcting that earlier than I have].

Terry - thanks for the CW notes. Though I always thought she died after she laid her eggs because that's what spiders do. Why is everyone [okay not *everyone*] wondering about Lex? That is *exactly* what I was thinking when I was writing about the car. Again - see my response to Michael.

Lisa - you have TOTALLY made my day with your fdk! [everyone else did too, but I got like 6 posts from you!] I'm so glad you're enjoying it and you got caught up!

Chapters 10/11 coming up!

Oh, wait, no. Not till tomorrow night!

/runs and hides

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Chapters 10/11 coming up!

Oh, wait, no. Not till tomorrow night
That's mean. /me pouts

Carol, is there a possibility of you considering a daily posting schedule with one part posted every day instead of two parts every other day? After all, this way you might just double your FDK and keep yourself on an FDK-high? grovel grovel grovel grovel

Michael, who hopes Carol won't notice that this would also mean 7 parts/week instead of 6 :p

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
LOL! Once it's done or nearly done, I'll consider changing the schedule. And while I do have quite a bit of buffer [read: into November], I NEED to get this done in the next month - preferably the next three weeks or so but I'm not comfortable adding an extra post a week either wink . Not yet.

I really need to make some real progress but it's just not happening the last few days. I spent more time the end of this week finding the Lane home floor plan and editing it to fit my needs better and putting it into jpgs than I have writing...

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, twists and turns! Tush pushing and Kryptonite and snowy roads...the possibilities are endless! Which means it's a good time to throw out a RAFO--"read and find out". laugh

A big HAH to the cow prank. We did that a few times in high school...I wish I could remember how they actually got rid of him lol...

Great parts!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
hehe!

Was trying to figure out how someone would Roll [on my] A** laughing off or something. wink

DH's senior class talked about doing that [and I won something on the radio b/c I knew that once] but I don't think they did.

What happens next?

RAFO wink tomorrow night!
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol,

I absolutely love this story! I am sorry for not posting feedback more often but I usually read right before going to work or at work so I either don't have time or am not signed in. Please know that I do enjoy reading OtoH very much!

The banter between Clark and Lois is great, so much fun and I love her nicknames. LOL So Clark actually has quite a large family. That's a nice change. Of course in this story/universe it's Lois who is alone.

I truely hope that Clark was in time at the toga party. Please, no rape in this one! And now Clark had his possibly first encounter with the green rock. Ouch!

The snow is thickening... I too see an overnight at the Lane cabin.

Ready for more! It is already 8pm here. <g>
Natascha

Kerth
Kerth
Among all the other fun stuff, I especially loved the reference to Charlotte's Web (or whatever). I only know the second movie (featuring Wilbur and Charlotte's three daughters - and, of course, another web with spelling) and then only in German, but... Well, it had me in stitches. Your reference, not the movie.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Blogger
Blogger
I hope on one minds that I'm bumping this up - I just began reading this story and am loving it so far! The details about how they ended up becoming roommates is so well-constructed. Am also totally procrastinating on writing a paper, but that's besides the point. :p

I think the concept of Lois & Clark meeting at a younger is so fascinating - I'm not a huge fan of early years stories otherwise, but I think it would be interesting to see how they would react to each other, especially before Lois became so prickly.

Wasn't sure I'd like to see Clark with someone else, but...this works. And he's a great boyfriend, of course. I wish I had a smokin' hot boyfriend who'd soothe my insecurities with slow-dancing to jazz music when I was 18 - heck, even now! Having never been in the position, however, I can't imagine being so serious about a relationship at such a young age, but I know a lot of people feel differently. I was so shell-shocked when I learned that my high school friend, who's a year older than me (23) just got married in this summer and is expecting a child!

I also love how Lois is developing an interest in country life and is asking Clark about it. I've always identified with Lois because I'm also a bit of a city snob. :p I LOVE the corn/farm jokes - where WAS Charlotte? goofy

Love hearing Clark mention his family and interacting with relatives, because he strikes me as such a family person, but he always seemed to lonely in the series, with only an Aunt Opal. I can totally imagine him doting on his grandmas - the image is so right.

Okay, gotta keep catching up! smile

Writer
The Soap Heiress
http://thesoapheiress.blogspot.com

"Don't fall for me, farmboy. I don't have time for it."
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Soap heiress -

Glad to have you! You'll have a couple days to get caught up even as I'm heading out of town for the rest of the week wink .

Am glad you're enjoying this and hope you continued to do so!

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard