Comments for both here please smile .

Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
You had me rolling on the floor with this one, Carol:

I raised an eyebrow. He could see my very not girlie navy blue comforter set. Did he really think I was going to be hanging lace curtains? "You might want to mention that to Lana before you get hitched, Farmboy." I'd peaked in their room and it looked like a cotton candy machine had thrown up all over the place. That I'd picked the lock wasn't the point. I needed the practice.
So, so, so Lois! And what a description of Lana's room! Totally hilarious!!! rotflol

This part of the conversation was also a work of art:

"So, for the sake of discussion, Lana and I wanted some privacy for some reason..."

For some reason? Surely they taught the birds and the bees on the farm.

"...I'd write 'Call Mom' on the white boards on the outside of both doors."

"That won't work."

"Why not?"

I glared at him. "My mom's dead, Rainman."

His face changed and he actually looked a bit sympathetic. "Right. Sorry. How about 'Call Dad'?"
So beautifully LnC.

I shrugged. "That works. Real phone messages go on the inside white board and all phone messages get written down and delivered. No exceptions."

He raised a brow. "You think I won't deliver your messages?"

"I think you might be a little too involved in determining what kind of lip gloss Ellie Mae is wearing to remember to write it down."
Wow, what a way for Lois to show her dislike of Lana and her disapproval of Clark's kissing her! I'm glad Clark actually called her on it. The truth is that she is jealous, even if she doesn't admit it to herself.

I was glad that Clark told his parents about the fact that his roommate was a girl. I think they really took it well. This interested me a lot:

"What does Lana think?" Mom finally asked.

I shrugged. "She's not happy about it, but she doesn't have anything to worry about. Lois seems nice, but my heart belongs to Lana, you guys know that."

Mom sighed. "I still worry about you two being so serious so young."
Well, wow! Clark's parents, or at least his mother, doesn't think that Lana is necessarily the right one for Clark! Good!

But Clark is in love with her, or he thinks that he is:

I watched as Lana sat on the floor with the four and five-year-olds. She was totally in her element. The twelve or so children were completely captivated with her and the story she was reading. It was the second story of the morning and I was sure it wasn't going to be the last.

I was leaning against one of the tables, legs stretched out in front of me crossed at the ankles.

I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was beautiful and, someday, she was going to be a great mother to our kids and a great preschool teacher.
Hmmmm. The boy is infatuated. He sure likes Lana's looks. Well, from now on I'll think of her as the girl whose room looks as if a cotton candy machine had thrown up all over it.

[Linked Image]

Imagine sharing your life and your home with someone who has this contraption for a pet, which keeps throwing up everywhere!!! eek

In all fairness, Lana is good with children, and not everybody is, to be sure.

Lois made this promise to Joe:

"Will you at least be my back up?" he asked me, running one hand over my arm.

"You mean if we're both forty and not married, we hook up?"

"I was thinking more like thirty-five if we want kids."

I thought about that for a minute. There were worse things. "Okay. If neither of us is married at thirty-five, we'll get hitched."
Hmmm. So you've given us a deadline, Carol. Lois and Clark had better be married before Lois is thirty-five.

And Clark is telling Lana about their future in a way I don't approve of:

She rested her head against my shoulder. "What do you think a show about our lives would be like?"

"Now? Or someday?"

"Five years from now."

I thought about it for a minute. "Well, then, I guess we'd be married."

"In five years? We better be." She kissed me lightly.
Noooo!!!! Lois and Clark have less time than I thought to get married!

And there have been a few references to how Clark doesn't like to wear tights. Considering the No-one-will-look-at-your-face thing, the idea of Clark being a tights-challenged person is so funny! rotflol But for all of his spandex phobia he is nevertheless thinking about the possibility of assuming a superhero identity. What will Lana say if he is going to get serious about that? (At least we know that Lana probably knows about Clark's superpowers.)

I'm looking forward to more of this!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Interesting.

I don't think Lana knows about Clark. You haven't really said one way or another but:

(1) When he flew home to his parents, he seemed to try to makes sure no one knew. (including Lana).

(2)The secret identity reference, "it would be more real than she ever knew"

While emotionally I like that he doesn't seem to have told Lana (like I said before, I like to see "Lois and Clark" together, and I want her to be the one who knows his secrets), I wonder why this is.

Clark claims he knows he wants to marry Lana, but is he really 100% sure if he hasn't told her?

Or does he simply believe as long as he "acts human", he doesn't need to tell her at all? (In canon of "We Have a Lot to Talk About")Martha said Clark had decided when he was thirteen he would never tell anyone. In his eighteen year - old mind, does that include the woman he wants to marry?

On another note, I think the way you've written Joe is nice. I agree with Lois that it's nice he doesn't push her even though he wants to sleep with her.

It's also funny that both Lois and Clark think the other is sleeping with their respective boyfriend/girlfriend.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
hmm

I agree... I don't think Lana knows, and it would appear Martha and Jonathan still have the 'if they see what you can do they'll dissect you like a frog' mentality.

I do like how Joe is portrayed... he comes across as the gentle jock... not unlike he seems to be portrayed in the show.

And Lana... ugh... as much as seeing the kind side of her with kids was refreshing, she really does come across like the country pagant queen get married and bang out kids type... ick. Having said that, when we're young and think we're in love... without much experience.. perhaps the definition of love changes for us over time...

Please keep this coming...

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love it. I've just got to go to bed, but just for kicks--heh, Clark, you've really got yourself booked for this marriage thing, eh? Statistically, I have one friend that married the same person she brought with her to college. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Carol, I really enjoyed this.

The "girly"-room.

The way Clark tried to explain the housing situation.

And I can't believe Sam, planning the cabin as a hideaway for his daughters when they want to be alone huh

That EOD-thing is great grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
H
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
H
When are you going to post part 6 I want to know will Lois and Clark be able to fall in love

Hue Nguyen
Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb! And yay for new posting schedule (2 parts every alternate day.. yay!)

So life is slowly moving on... (I got the impression that classes have begun / some weeks have passed for everyone to get into some sort of a schedule)... do Lois and Clark have common classes?

So Joe and Lois are basically very very practical about their relationship... sedate. Good! (I think).

Lana.. so she's not all bad :p , but somehow I get the feeling that she's a user (develop friendships / relationships if they can help her personally in some way)... ok so I'm biased laugh ... but I hope Lois and Clark end up together or atleast become best friends if not something more.

It's interesting to note the little changes in this version of Clark .. he seems to be more loose but still stubborn(I might be wrong though)... hmm

Very cool premise! thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Totally awesome story!

James.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm loving it!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow Carol,
Another story hour (or hours) from you! I would like to send my muse to you for tutoring if you're taking applications. I am intrigued to see what twists and turns come along with this version of Lois and Clark. I have to admit that reading about Lana and Clark's 'love' for her makes me twitch, but there have certainly been encouragements along the way. Lois's wry commentary is great- especially when she's debating the Cruellas of the world. I also enjoy the fact that Clark is willing to stay roomies and all. I do feel bad about the Linda King thing. There is no way that Linda and Lana won't buddy up (and against) her.

In these latest two parts, I thought the president talk was quite funny. It's amazing how many college freshmen would have the same issues right now tho... kind of depressing too. It was also interesting to read about the whole 'back up' situation between Lois and Joe. Joe doesn't 'excite' Lois, but he's safe. I wonder how that whole thing will pan out. We also got some insight into the mystery of Lois and Sam's issues (i.e. "that woman").

Overall, I'm enjoying the ride and am excited about the posting schedule.

Thanks!
~Sonia
(who is seriously trying to curb the urge to gag Lana with her multi-flavored lip glosses)

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hey guys smile .

Ann - LOVE the pic! We will learn more about Lois and Joe as time goes on, but I think we've pretty much got the picture about Lana and Clark wink . You can blame the whole TV thing on Queenie. Tis her fault. Completely.

Sara - I find it interesting that there's people who don't know if Lana knows about Clark or not. It is actually spelled out at some point in the not too distant future but it's interesting smile . Lois and Clark? Are they supposed to end up together? /runs and hides Whether he's told anyone or not - or feels he needs to or not - will be addressed later.

Lisamaree - one problem I've had is that we know so little about Joe - just that he and Lois dated and his wife was shrunk. That's about it. Wish we knew more...

JD - DH and I met when I was a freshman in college and he was a sr. in HS. Our 15 year [dating] anniversary was this week smile . You're right that it may or may not happen for most people though.

Michael - LOL! At his parents needing a sign! We'll find out a lot more about them later.

Huenguyen8 - 6 and 7 will be posted this evening. Two chapters every other evening smile . As for whether you'll find out in 6 or 7 if they'll be able to fall in love... See my response to Sara /continues to cower and hide

AnKS - glad you like the schedule too smile . I didn't delve too much into their schedules this semester though I do in the Spring. And it is... October here, I think. The date was in the chapter, but I waffled between Sept and Oct for this part and don't remember which I went with wink . 6 is definitely Oct. Clark? Stubborn? Couldn't be. wink

James - thank you.

Amy - glad to hear it!

Sonia - I'm sort of stuck at the moment - I spent a couple hours yesterday [I think, not really sure - kiddo interruptus and all] looking for a floor plan for the Lane house instead of writing. Because it's SUCH an integral part of the chapter I'm writing *roll eyes at self* that I MUST have a layout for it. *snork* I have an idea in my head of what it looks like, but I'm not finding anything like it. Do you know how many 4 bedroom, 9000 sq ft houses there are? I mean come on! I think I found one that works for me, if you take out the turrets [seriously].

I teach US Govt [Poli Sci 101] in college and a lot of my students are that way on the impeachment thing. And they have to list the presidents by the end of the semester and I get Henry Ford on a regular basis wink . We will get a lot more insight on 'that woman' in the future.

And if you want to gag Lana, be my guest!

More this evening!

Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
And they have to list the presidents by the end of the semester and I get Henry Ford on a regular basis
Eh, Carol, did you know that a history teacher, a colleague of mine, once asked her class a question where the answer was supposed to be Martin Luther, 16th century founder of Protestantism, and Gustav Vasa, 16th century Swedish king. She got the answer Gustav V (Gustav the fifth), 20th century Swedish king, and...Martin Luther King???? eek

Another teacher asked her class about the founder of Islam, and she got the answer Muhammed...Ali?

eek laugh

Ann

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Still loving it!

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard