Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Awwww, adorable hug scene ^.^ And love the twist to the episode. And finally, Clark saved Chad's life (I'm assuming)? Wow! Great chapter =)

Sara "Lieta"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yeah, it looks like Clark did save Chad's life at the quarry. But what happened to Chad to make Lois so distrustful of romantic relationships? Did he dump her after their first night together, or did she dump him, or did he die under circumstances she thinks were her fault? So many variations, so little time.

I'm glad Lois ran to Clark before she ran to Superman. But it almost read as if she jumped into the pond to hug both men, yet she wasn't wet. It wasn't all that clear to me, although I might have missed that detail.

Now Clark knows he doesn't want to be "normal." He wants his powers back, and maybe he'll figure out how to use them effectively. But it's too early for that! We've still got more than thirty chapters to go!

I wasn't sure about this premise when I first started reading the tale, but you've convinced me that it's more than worth my time. Keep it up! And post more soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
party Yes not just a flashback but a Superboy flashback! And in such a way that Lois will in time make the connection and be able to show Clark that his Superboy stuff helped at least as much as it hurt!

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great update, anonpip!

Just one quick question: Why did Superman *land* and put himself within range of the green-K?

And I never saw the Chad-thing coming. Wonder if Lois will ever find out, or Clark for that matter.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm more busy than I even want to think of right now, so I'll just say that I really liked this chapter. The part where Clark saved Chad was just great!!! clap clap clap

Ann

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I'm not awake enough to reply to this in the detail it deserves, but I did want to thank you all for lovely feedback.

I'll log on again in the next couple of days and give this the attention it deserves.

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Okay, I'm awake now. Or sort of - at least more than I've been since I got to Europe.

I am happy to see that it was very clear that Clark saved Chad at the Quarry - it's always hard to tell if things seem obvious to you just cause you know them. While it will be explained in more detail at the end of the story, this is an important clue as to why this Lois is different than our Lois (although admittedly, first you need to understand what happened between this Chad and Lois and we are several chapters away from that).

But what happened to Chad to make Lois so distrustful of romantic relationships? Did he dump her after their first night together, or did she dump him, or did he die under circumstances she thinks were her fault? So many variations, so little time.
I know!! And this is how a spin-off story with a different Chad ending came about... (It's been tabled for now in an effort to finish this story, but I can't wait to get back to it.)

But it almost read as if she jumped into the pond to hug both men, yet she wasn't wet. It wasn't all that clear to me, although I might have missed that detail.
I don't think I was clear. I was thinking that by the time Lois reached Clark, he and Superman had stepped out of the pond.

I wasn't sure about this premise when I first started reading the tale, but you've convinced me that it's more than worth my time.
blush Awww... Thanks, Terry!

Yes not just a flashback but a Superboy flashback! And in such a way that Lois will in time make the connection and be able to show Clark that his Superboy stuff helped at least as much as it hurt!
I don't know if Lois will make the connection, or at least not right away. But the connection will be made (although I'm not sure when, right now it's planned for the end of the story, so awhile away yet).

Why did Superman *land* and put himself within range of the green-K?
Because he's stupid? huh

Okay, not because he's stupid, but because he's a little stupid. Superman recalled that his reaction to the green-K was much stronger in Smallville than other times (except for the k-cage, but that was different as it was so long an exposure). He thought that this was because he built up a little bit of an immunity to the stuff.

So, while he knew it would affect him, he thought it would affect him less than Clark and this way he could help. Basically, he could not stand just being on the sidelines knowing there was a chance the Kents (including Clark) could get hurt.

Of course, he was wrong. The reason he reacted so strongly to it in Smallville was the size of the piece, not the fact that it was the first time (at least in this story).

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by anonpip:
<strong> Because he's stupid? dance

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by anonpip:
Because he's stupid? huh
Stupid or over-confident or both? hehe, and it certainly fits... how many times does old Clarkie jump in "without checking the water level" and get bitten.... (the cage, the K-laced kiss, *proposing,* to name a few ~.^) Two peas in a pod those reporters.

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Might be funny if the Loises ever meet and this Lois tells his Lois what he did.
*snickers* that would be a great scene...

Sara "Lieta"
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Yeah, I don't know if I'll write it (as this story is essentially about this alt-Clark and his Lois) but it would make a great companion piece for Clark to tell Lois about his experiences in this universe. In my head, I see her hitting him with a couch cushion repeatedly.

But I also see Clark still being a bit stupid and not realizing that he should stop talking.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*whack* Idiot

No, Lois. It was completely safe

*whack* Lunkhead

I'm well, yeah, i did get a bit dizzy...

*whack* Dolt

...but you know how it turned out okay...

*whack*

...and it's not like...

*whack*

and so on...

*whistles innocently*

Michael wink

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Precisely! Although, I think Lois is a bit more creative than me and may think of other ways to show her displeasure. I would imagine she would have daydreams of obtaining a small piece of k.

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I just wanted to apologize. I know I'm supposed to post the next part today, but due to a couple of hellish days, I am completely wiped out and not awake enough to look it over (which I like to do before posting).

I won't be online again until Monday night at the earliest (and Tuesday night is more likely), but I'll post whichever of those evenings I'm online and likely add another post in somewhere next week to make up for this one. (I'm not 100% sure as I also haven't gotten any writing done in several days, so I'm a bit behind in that as well.)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard