Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55312 09/20/08 03:18 PM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Heh, I loved your opening notes, Carol. I generally don't want to get out of bed after I post a story; it seems like the jitters go around more than I thought.

But never fear, this was a very cute start. I'm looking forward to a younger cast of characters here, and just insert some comment like, oh to be in college again. Where your biggest concern is meeting your roommate with clothes on, and not Monday's powerpoint that I have to get back to. goofy

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Interesting start.

I have a bit of a problem, personally with seeing Clark happily involved with anyone besides Lois.

I hope you don't take that as critism. Intellectually I know there is no reason why he can't be interested or even in love with Lana. He hasn't even met Lois yet! But have a hard time handling it emotionally. That's why I've never been interested in the TV series Smallville.

So I hope that he finds his interest lie elsewhere soon. But am looking foward to another of your fics.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thanks you two smile .

JD - I've been grocery shopping and nervously biting my nails all day. Why do you think I went grocery shopping wink ?

Sara - Believe me, I understand. I had a hard time writing those bits and someone [Queenie? Alisha?] kept telling me that I spelled Lana wrong - it's really L-O-I-S. Don't worry - they'll meet soon smile .

Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I think Lois is Lana's roomie. Wouldn't that be a kick in the kneecap? And surely she was the one huffing away from the front of the registration line when Clark and Lana walked up to the back end. I bet she's going to be so very snarky to both of them. She might even argue with Lana over her PDA with Clark.

Very interesting beginning, Carol. Makes me wonder just what other surprises you have up your sleeve? Will Jimmy Olsen be their mentor instead of their gofer? Will Clark and Lois end up in the same English composition class? And will Clark correct her spelling?

I also wonder why the rating. Is it for Clark and Lana, or for Lois and some yet unnamed male friend, or is it for Clark and Lois? Or maybe for something else altogether. We shall see.

Soon, I hope.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I really like this story so far. The Lucy Lane Memorial Scholarship was a surprise. I'm looking forward to seeing them meet Lois and Having them but heads.

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hehe - more FDK wink .

Yeah, I should probably wait and do it all at once but...

Terry - yes, that was Lois in a huff. Jimmy as a mentor hadn't even occurred to me. He does have a role [or will, haven't written it yet, but I know where he fits], but that's not it. Other familiar faces will also appear. The rating isn't so much for sex or anything like that - I tend to 'fade to black' pretty quickly when it does happen - as much as just life in general being intense and stuff - there's a few fairly minor curse words [like Clark's 'damn' a couple places here - Jonathan said it in the pilot and I doubt anyone would blink an eye on TV today, but I don't expect it in PG movies for instance]. That's why I said I wasn't sure yet what the rating was. PG or PG-13.

Is Lois Lana's roommate... You'll find out - as well as why she was in a huff - in the next chapter.

Countrygurl - /wide innocent eyes - butt heads? Why on earth would you think that? And yes, poor Lucy is no longer among us - hence the Memorial Scholarship wink . What happened to her and how does it affect Lois? Stay tuned smile .

Thanks guys!
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
well... very interesting.

I've never been a fan of Lana, but i'll bite...

After all if you're re-writing the show how Smallville SHOULD have... I'll stay interested...

I'm a little confused by the whole dorm room setup... but I guess that's because we don't have the concept at our uni's. However... I am sure I'll figure it out.

I like that Clark is sweet and 'thinks' he is in love.
I am eager to find out why the Lane family is so dominant at the university though.

Keep it coming! smile

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Carol,

I guess I have difficulty too seeing Clark with Lana, and I'm fairly certain Lois will have a significant other, re your notes at the beginning of the story.

However, you start your story with a very much younger Lois and Clark and you do introduce some intriguing questions.

You've tweaked my curiosity and I'm hoping I'll enjoy what you have in store for Lois and Clark ... you do say you like putting your characters back where they are supposed to be, so I'll trust that you'll give us a fairly happy ending.

Yours Jenni

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice.. looking forward to the story although I'd probably be a bit uncomfortable at Lana-Clark / Lois-x(Joe?) moments. wink

But I guess that's life... everything can't be straightforward and I hope your Lois and Clark want to be together in the end whenever down the line that may be... laugh

So what is Lana majoring in? Is Clark going to be playing football along with Journalism? Who's Clark's roommate.. someone we know?

Since the Lanes are so dominant... hence powerful, that probably means Lois would be acquainted with / or is soon going to be acquainted with Lex grumble

Just speculations... so are 36 hours up yet? smile :p

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, my. Sharing a suite with your significant other? In your freshman year? Never a good idea, guys. Never.

This oughtta be interesting. wink

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I speedread this part this morning while getting ready for work. I am already hooked!
Clark and Lana, happily involved? Yuck! But I am positive that will change soon, But hey, maybe I will even like this Lana (as Clark's ex <g>).

I too knew immediately that it was Lois huffing away from the registration line. And it was probably her car leaving when Clark parked.

And yes, I too think that Lois and maybe even Joe will share the suite with them. I can't wait for their first meeting!

I missed the Lucy Lane reference so I will go back and read this part slowly.

Natascha (in for another ride with no idea where this could go!)

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thanks guys.

This has been somewhat of a writing exercise for me at times because I'm NOT a Lana fan. This only about the second time I've really written her and she was not very nice in Learning to Love, so writing her here has been hard.

Lisa - I watched a few eps of Smallville in the very beginning and that's about it. Not a clue how it worked out except I think Lana was married to Lex... or something? Not a clue. wink

Jenni - YAY! So glad you're here! I'm not nearly as mean as you have been at times [/cough Clark in N. Korea for years /cough] wink .

AnKS - nope not up yet, though I will post 2 tonight. Oooo Lex as a part of Lois' life... /ponder. Not sure about that but there will be at least one other powerful, recognizable character wink .

Amy - yeah, I'm not sure Clark and Lana thought that all the way through but... They're teenagers wink .

Natascha - you get bonus points! You got both Lois cameos [Queenie did too but that was in chat and so doesn't count :p - Terry got one of them above]. Glad to have you along for the ride!

Look for 2 this evening - probably fairly late [11-12ish ET].

Thanks so much everyone!
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonderful beginning, Carol. I've been out of town and just gotten caught up.

The brown bob and the Jeep Cherokee, well, they have been obvious blush My eyes grew wide at the Lucy Memorial. Poor Lois. Of course, what's up with the all important Lane-family.

And I really think that Joe and Lois will be the roommates.

I'm a bit scared about just one thing. There won't be any of that nasty Lois-gets-raped-stuff in here too serve as one or more of the traumatic events, right? I think I can deal with Lois being with another guy, I usually do, but well, blush dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Hi Carol! I've been shamefully neglectful of my fic reading lately, and I've especially been meaning to read your work because I always love it. So finally, finally, I have a free day and I plan to spend a chunk of it catching up on fic. *sigh of happiness*

I lovelovelove early start stories!

So far Clark's 1st person POV is free and easy, very much how I imagine a young man entering the world for the first time to be.

We watched as the brunette at the front of the 'L' line walked off in a huff.
Bet I know who that is. laugh

They're sharing a suite?! I'm surprised their parents agreen to even that. Those Midwest kids are walking on the wild side!

"I do."

She patted my chest. "Remember those words, Kent. You're going to need them."

I pulled her back into my arms for a hug, then kissed the top of her head. "You bet I am."
Agh! Heart failure. I don't think Lana is inherently awful, but I really hope she doesn't make it down the aisle with Clark. I'm trusting you, Carol!

I love Clark's memory of all of Lana's lip glosses on the trip; it's so sweet.

the Lucy Lane Memorial Scholarship
Ohhh! *sniffle*

And it looks like the Lane family has money, since that is generally the requirement to have your name on college buildings. Interesting.

Great start, Carol!

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard