Print Thread
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Another great chapter, =)

Lois ASKING for another doll instead of picking between Superman and a Bear was very sweet and I loved Clark's remembrances. And of course, the flashbacks to keep us hooked into the familiar plot =) I wonder how the whole "I'm Superman" scene in the van would work out.

Sara "Lieta"
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. I enjoyed the way Lois noticed Clark's reaction to the Superman doll.

As this goes on I really think Clark is going to need to assume a masked hero identity. He's is building up bad feelings for Superman. He will be inexperienced and it will show.

I'm assuming Visiting is going to get exposed to the kryptonite as well and Rachel will end up saving him. The whole bonding after near death will occur between Visiting and Lois leaving Clark on the sidelines.

I hope to see Clark pickup another costume and begin appearing outside of Metropolis. With a msk he could establish a good solid hero identity prior to the departure of Visiting.

I missed a part. so I had to go read it and get caught up.

I've been thinking about the next few episodes in Canon.
  • The Man of Steel Bars
  • Pheromone, My Lovely
  • Honeymoon in Metropolis
  • All Shook Up
  • Witness
  • Illusions of Grandeur
  • The Ides of Metropolis
  • Foundling
  • The Rival

In a couple of tales Nightfall was a set up. It wasn't really going to hit the Earth.

I think it would be delightful if in this "Verse no one said anything about Nightfall.

Visiting and Clark would need to check into it as it is just as possible that in this verse it could be missed by mistake.

However if it was going to miss the Earth, and in this "Verse in the original SupermanLess timeline they had no Alien to get rid of, maybe it would never have been seen as a threat.

Or maybe in the original timeline they never detected it because no one was scanning the skys looking for the invasion fleet. It hit Earth with almost no warning, and everyone died. That would derail Utopia completely.

It would also explain why H.G. Wells was not worried about Visiting changing things!

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, liked this part. I loved how you described Clark's efforts at the strength test attraction, and how Lois noted his dislike of the Superman dolls. You created a lovely good feeling between Lois and Clark after Lois had accepted her Bugs Bunny. And it was so much fun to hear Clark talk about his 'wedding' to Rachel!

And Lois's new reminscence about Chad was beautifully written again.

Then the story turned very A-plotty, and I'm never really enthusiastic about that. I'm weird that way. But I'm certainly looking forward to the next part anyway.

Ann

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Lieta, Patrick, and Ann!

Lois ASKING for another doll instead of picking between Superman and a Bear was very sweet
Thanks. blush

I really think Clark is going to need to assume a masked hero identity...He will be inexperienced and it will show.
Maybe and I definitely think there's some polish that comes from being Superman day after day, but remember that this Clark has a lot of experience saving people in a Superman like capacity, just not in a flashy suit. But he has the experience from when he was a teenager, from traveling (like Superman had), and the few times he's gone to fill in for Superman now.

I think the differences will show to someone like Lois who really knows and cares about Superman, but most of the rest of the press has too superficial a relationship with him to notice.

I think it would be delightful if in this "Verse no one said anything about Nightfall.
Sorry - chapters 31-33 (just completed) cover Nightfall. There was just too much stuff in there that I like to drop it. But of course, it's not quite the Nightfall we've seen before.

And it was so much fun to hear Clark talk about his 'wedding' to Rachel!
You know, this was something we did in kindergarten at my school - my "husband's" name was Kenneth and he divorced me the following year by pushing me into a tree when the long distance thing (we were in different classes) got to be too much. frown

However, apparently, this was only something we did at my school. I had no idea this was not a normal thing kids did.

Then the story turned very A-plotty, and I'm never really enthusiastic about that.
Me neither. I've tried as much as possible to keep A-plot out of this since I don't like it and particularly since my A-plots are not original, I don't want to spend time on them. It's always a challenge to write enough to explain what's going on without rewriting the entire A-plot of an episode. But there are a few episodes where it felt like I couldn't really skip all that much. GGGOH seemed like one of them. (On the flip side, there are episodes that I haven't dealt with at all except in passing and a few more coming up like that as well.)

So hopefully it will be pretty A-plot light from here on out.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard