Hi!

I finally managed to get a part out on Friday night again. Okay, so cheated a little and split part 26 into parts 26 and 27. But since I know which two scenes are still to be written (bonus points for those who can name them laugh ), it really will be 27 parts.

Mona and Kmar have been wonderful betas as always and I hope I managed to do right by Lois and Clark.

The setting is right after “Season’s Greedings” in Season 2.

Blocks in >> << are literal thoughts by the character.

Rating: PG-13

The last we saw of Lois and Clark was when they’d been steaming up the shower. But what will happen in the morning? After all, it’s never been the evenings that had been problematic for Lois wink

Part 26 / TOC / Comments

*Beep-Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep-Beep!*

The incessant noise invaded her drowsiness and Lois moved underneath the covers, vainly attempting to ignore the outside world. She had had the best of dreams, though she wasn’t sure exactly what she’d dreamed about. Only that her Prince Charming had been back, and they’d discovered quite a few interesting ways of making love together. And now-

*Beep-Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep-Beep! Beep-Beep-Beep!*

What was going on? Lois was still trying to block out the noise. She had a radio alarm and whoever thought to call her before she got up, would have to leave a message. And possibly, have a very thick hide for when she came after him to strip said hide off with a blunt spoon.

*Beep-Beep-Beep! Beep-Be-*

There was a faint thud and the noise suddenly stopped. Lois sighed and happily snuggled back against the warm, smooth pillow. Her bed was certainly extra-comfortable this morning and she couldn’t remember feeling this good in… ever.

She murmured happily and reached over the pillow to pull it in closer. That was strange; the pillow wouldn’t budge. And it was warm even where she wasn’t lying on it. Come to think of it, her pillow actually smelled like… like…

Lois suddenly felt something press against her hair and a low, masculine voice whispered, “Good morning, Honey.”

Clark!

Lois’ head jolted and struck something solid. “Umpf!” she muttered, her eyes springing open, and she half sat up in bed, looking around with bleary eyes. That wasn’t her bedroom, she thought, taking in the red staircase and the ocher and blue painted brick walls.

Her hand rested on naked, warm skin. And underneath her was a chest. A very familiar and very solid chest. Lois craned her neck, her eyes finally finding those of the owner of this wonderful, farm-grown pillow of hers. “Good morning, Clark,” she murmured back, turning onto her side in order to get a better look at her companion as she rested her right arm on his chest.

Clark’s eyes dropped from her face and she followed his languorous gaze, at once aware that she was still naked after last night’s activities and was right now affording Clark a really spectacular outlook.

A sly smile played over her lips as she looked back at him. “See something you like, Mr. Kent?” she purred while her right index finger drew patterns around his little nipple. And when she occasionally rasped over it, she could feel his breath hitch underneath her forearm all the way down to his belly.

“I think you’d know that better than I do,” he flirted back, his eyes sparkling with unspent mischief.

Yes, she knew exactly what he was talking about; Lois smiled to herself as her right leg automatically crept over his left one, entwining their limbs. She playfully dragged her leg back and forth and was satisfied to see Clark’s eyes darken in the process. Yep, playing with Clark was certainly nice.

Lois pushed her knee onto the other side of his body and shifted until she was straddling him on his abs. She wiggled a little and could feel him tense at their points of contact. Unperturbed, she lowered her face, sealing her mouth against his welcoming lips. Her tongue darted forward, tracing over his open mouth before delving inside. There she immediately found its counterpart and slowly caressed Clark’s tongue with her own. A satisfied moan escaped from her throat and she moved her fingers into his thick hair.

Clark’s hands wandered as well, caressing over her arms, drawing circles over her shoulder and down her back. Finally, Clark split his attention, one hand fisting into her short tresses, driving her mouth harder against his, while the other drifted down and over her hips, mapping out the shape of her muscles and leaving a fiery trail in its wake.

She pushed herself against his chest; a piece of art, that, if she were forced to describe it in worldly terms, would probably lead her to compare it to Michelangelo’s David, only with a coating of warm, soft skin that was better suited to comfort her than her baggiest sweatshirt ever could.

Perhaps good morning sex wouldn’t be such a bad idea, she mused, already feeling the by now familiar heat rising within her body. Lois was about to follow up on those feelings in a very expressive manner, when the earlier beeping-noise made its comeback with a vengeance. Her head shot up in frustration, angry eyes searching for the offending piece of technology that dared to interrupt her chance of a pre-breakfast snack.

Clark groaned as well, his hands having left her body at the same moment she had shifted. A moment later she saw him hit his alarm clock with obvious restraint. Her gaze focused on the clock’s face and she immediately sat up straight. Clark drew in a sharp breath as she shifted above him, and if she weren’t so preoccupied with the realization that it was already seven in the morning, she would have been amused at the fact that even invulnerability had some limits.

“Clark!” she wailed. “It’s *seven* in the morning.” She bent forward and reached out to grab the torture device from the shelf, and a relieved breath escaped Clark’s mouth before a warm, wet sensation against her sensitive skin caused Lois pulled back. “Not now, Clark!” she scolded him, holding the alarm clock accusingly in his face. “Why is it already seven in the morning, Clark?” She pushed the device into his hands before they could follow his tongue and moved away from him. “We have to get up!”

Clark eyed her with a very confused look on his face, and she elaborated. “My clothes are still ruined, so I have to get back home to change. And then I have to finagle an appointment from Dr. Levingston.” When Clark continued to eye her with less understanding than a frog when you explained higher mathematics to it, she elaborated. “My gyn. Getting set up with birth control and…” She blinked, suddenly remembering. “Crap. And if that stupid alarm clock hadn’t interrupted us, we’d have gone at it without protection again!”

“I thought that was why you wanted to get the emergency contraceptive in the first place?” Clark asked her with a resigned voice.

Lois moved to sit on her knees beside Clark, taking his hand in hers. “I guess so. I mean, I think that it would cover us having sex now, before I go and visit Dr. Levingston, but…” She paused. “That still doesn’t mean we can keep being this irresponsible until the pill actually starts to take effect in a few weeks.”

“Oh, right…” Clark’s face took on a healthy flush and he looked up at her with contrition on his face.

“And in the spirit of this,-” Lois jumped up and stepped towards the bathroom. “-I’m now going to take a quick shower. Alone.” She shot him a meaningful glance. “And I mean it, Clark.”

“Okay, Honey,” Clark whispered, looking ruefully chastened.

Clark’s eyes followed Lois’ naked backside as she sauntered into the bathroom, apparently completely at ease with being in the nude in front of him. Not that he should have expected any different given yesterday’s activities. But still, he’d figured, being naked after sex and naked in the morning might have been two different things. Luckily, they seemed not to be.

Lois vanished behind the corner and Clark quickly contemplated on whether or not to keep looking. Lois had told him to not come and join her, and he knew she was right. Now, if only his baser desires, of which he was painfully aware, would agree with his reasoning, then his life would certainly be easier.

After a few seconds of watching his girlfriend soap up efficiently, he realized that there was no way she would appreciate his attempts of delaying their departure this morning. Exclaiming a longsuffering sigh, Clark swung his legs out of the bed and went to look for a pair of jeans for Lois to wear. Training his x-ray vision on his furniture, Clark checked out the drawers and shelves, but quickly realized that his search would be futile. He’d long since removed his old clothes from his wardrobe. After all, why would he keep stuff that he’d out-grown over the years?

Accepting his only possible offerings of clothing for Lois would consist of the gray sweatpants from last night and a pair of rolled-up jeans, Clark picked a clean pair from the closet and laid it out for Lois on his bed.

Next he started the coffee, hoping the caffeinated beverage would help Lois ease into the day. Once the vitalizing morning-drink was brewing, Clark walked into the bathroom, deciding to start his own morning routine as well. And who knew, Lois might suddenly become interested in something else than getting ready for the day if he was handily available. And even while his libido kept dancing merely at the prospect, the rest of his mind – all three remaining brain cells – reminded him of how futile this endeavor would be.

Lois had kept an ear out for Clark as the water poured down on her. Her partner was quite sneaky in his own way, and yesterday’s shower had taught her a lot about his ideas for making love. Not that she’d objected to his visit last night, mind you, but she really wanted to get her prescriptions and then get on with her life with Clark. And besides, she’d make it up to him – and to her libido – this evening.

Then she heard Clark enter the bathroom and she held her breath, ready to tell him to wait his turn when he chose to enter the shower stall. But to her surprise, Clark didn’t join her. In fact, it almost sounded as if he was just brushing his teeth.

Intrigued, Lois stuck her head out from behind the curtain, and there was no doubt about it. Right in front of her was Clark’s firm backside as he stood in front of the wash basin. Lois felt a twinge of regret, which she immediately quelled as she noted Clark’s eyes twinkling back at her from the mirror.

Indignantly, she pulled the curtain closed again, annoyed that her body had so immediately reacted to Clark’s presence and even more annoyed at the fact that Clark knew exactly how she felt, but had still chosen to obey her wishes.

A few minutes later, she was done and pulled the curtain back to grab a towel. Her eyes rose when she noted Clark waiting for her, a large piece of terry cloth held out for her to wrap around herself. Lois accepted graciously and tried not to blush at Clark’s attempts of taking care of her.

“Thanks,” she whispered and allowed Clark to wrap the soft towel around her shoulders, hoping for him to pull her into a hug in the process. Clark didn’t disappoint, but just as she was about to pull him in for a kiss, he released her.

“I dug out a pair of jeans for you in case you’d like to wear something other than the sweatpants on the way home,” Clark told her quietly, pecked her on the lips and stepped past her and into the shower.

Lois shook her head and mumbled an “okay, thanks” as she walked back into the bedroom while toweling off. Sure enough, she found a pair of jeans on the bed. Well, Clark was right, she thought, holding the denim against her waist. Jeans where certainly better than sweatpants, but she’d still have to tie them up if she wanted to keep them in place.

Now dressed in jeans several sizes too big for her and a sweatshirt that reached down over her hips, Lois explored the wonderful smells drifting in from the other room. Delighted, she noted that her investigative instincts hadn’t misled her: If the apartment smelled like freshly brewed coffee, then there would have to be some around, too.

Lois picked up a cup and poured herself some of the brown liquid before she went to hunt down some sweetener and low-fat cream. Luckily, she was a frequent enough visitor at Clark’s place, that he would keep stocked up on her usual brands in addition to his own.

She settled down and began to sip at the steaming beverage, thinking about what she would tell Dr. Levingston. She didn’t really look forward to her doctor looking at her as an irresponsible floozy, but what else would you call a woman who disregarded any form of caution and dragged her partner into bed just because she needed him. So, perhaps if she told her doctor that she and Clark were basically engaged and that the condom broke… yeah, that could work.

“Hey, are the jeans working for you?” Clark’s voice intruded on her pondering thoughts from behind her.

Lois turned to face him, and couldn’t help but let a smile drift over her face. Clark was standing there, clad only in a towel and looking almost exactly like he had that first morning when she’d picked him up in that greasy hotel. Biting her lip, she merely nodded and took another sip to better hide her reaction to his state of undress.

“I’m glad.” He smiled back at her, and Lois had to turn away from him in order to keep her wits instead of trying to figure out just how fast she could get out of those jeans of hers.

She heard a whooshing-sound and noted with a regretful sigh that Clark’s appearance had changed significantly over the past five seconds. Gone were the hard pecs, that had still been glistening from the shower’s residual wetness, inviting her to lick the water off of them. Now there was a white dress shirt covering the scenery and his fingers worked on fastening a maroon and yellow-colored tie around his neck.

Lois quickly downed the remainder of her coffee and stood up to get her coat and shoes. “I’m ready whenever you are,” she told him, adjusting the coat on her shoulders.

“Good,” Clark smiled back at her. “So I take it, it’s your place first?” When Lois nodded, he continued. “Wanna fly?”

Gulping down in excitement, Lois could only offer Clark another nod. This was the first time that she would fly with Superman since after she’d found out his secret. And the first time ever that she would fly with him not because they were flirting or because she’d just escaped the jaws of death. No, this time they would simply fly because it was Clark’s preferred method of transportation in the city.

“Are you okay?” Clark asked her.

“Huh?” Lois wasn’t sure what was going on now. “Why shouldn’t I be?” she elaborated on her first question.

“Your heartbeat…” Clark afforded her a concerned glance. “It picked up significantly when I mentioned the flying.”

A big grin split her face and she shook her head before she stepped close to him and wrapped her arms around his chest. “Yeah, well…,” she drawled, looking up at him. “It’s just that this is the first time I’ll be flying with you.”

“But you’ve flown with me before.” Clark gazed back at her in confusion.

“No, I’ve flown with Superman.” She pecked his lips. “I never went flying with Clark before.” And because she felt daring, she added, “My boyfriend.”

“Oh,” Clark eloquently replied and tightened his own grip around her waist. “Now that you mention it, I, too, look forward to taking my *girlfriend* flying.” He quickly released her, but before Lois could protest at the sudden lack of contact, Superman was standing in front of her, his arms back around her waist.

Lois giggled and felt herself being lifted into his arms. A moment later they were soaring through the early morning air as Superman made his way over to Carter Avenue.

tbc

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.