Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I hope the lack of comments this time round doesn't mean that my readers are losing interest.
Not me! I love the way you write Clark, Lois and Matt.

“I never thought remembering would be such a big issue ... and I never even saw this guy you met tonight.”

“I know,” Lois said with a sympathetic chuckle, as she made her way to the kitchen. “You were too busy looking at Melissa. You haven't said much about her ... or the two of you. How long has this been going on?”
Poor Matt! He couldn't remember the guy his dad was obsessing about. And Lois, instead of sharing Clark's worries right at this instant, became all Mom-like instead, and started talking to Matt about the nice girl he had met! Typical! laugh

I like the explanation you gave us about Star's whereabouts. I liked her in the show, and I thought they could have used her in at least one or two more episodes.

“Don't mock, Matt.” Lois looked at her son judiciously. “Star came close to the truth ... sometimes ... after a few tries.” She winked. “Besides, your dad's an alien and you're half one.”

“But we're for real!” Matt fell silent as he thought for a second or two. “Did she know about us?”

“Probably,” Lois replied, after a moment's consideration. “Not that she ever said anything, but I'm sure she had her suspicions ... and not just psychic ones.”
I loved that! laugh

It was a brilliant idea to have Clark draw the man he had seen. This was really scary:

Her lips tightened as she studied the image of the very thin face and narrow chin, the pale eyes which seemed to pierce the viewer to the soul. No wonder Clark was uptight. “This guy looks scary,” she finally said, suppressing a shiver.
Clark's drawing makes Lois shiver.

Only, now Matt remembered. The phone hadn't been at his ear, it had been concealed in his fist, and the hood of his jacket had been pulled low over his face. A rain-jacket very similar to the one his father had just drawn.

“Dad, I couldn't swear to it in a court, but I'm pretty certain that could be the man with the cellphone,” Matt said, pointing at the figure on the pad. “I never saw his face too clearly because he had his hood pulled low, but that chin looks kinda familiar.”
And Matt remembers!

“I know,” she said with a sigh. “I was just throwing out ideas ...”

“The way we used to work,” he replied, smiling, and felt comforted as his wife snuggled into his side.
This was wonderful. Lois and Clark are really back!

Clark yawned; his bed was looking very welcome right now, and maybe he could persuade Lois to indulge in a little relaxation therapy before going to sleep. “You ready to go upstairs?”

“Sure am,” she replied, slowly licking the last drop of chocolate from her lips, causing her husband's eyes to glint appreciatively. She allowed him to pull her to her feet before stretching languidly. “I'm beat. You know, I'll probably fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow.”

Lois walked in front of Clark, ducking her head to hide a grin. She didn't look back, but she was sure his anticipation had turned to disappointment. Poor Clark. He was just so transparent ... well, hopefully only to her.
So funny! And I certainly get the impression that she is only teasing him, and that she will help him relax before they go to sleep! laugh

“Oh, and by the way, Matt,” Clark said, standing over their son. “I didn't want to continue the argument at Uncle Jim's, but I do agree with your mother when it comes to you drinking beer. Even if it doesn't effect you, drinking alcohol as a minor is illegal -- so no more.”

“Dad! I don't.” Matt protested loudly. “Honest! I've tried it ... but I didn't enjoy it much.” He wrinkled his nose. “I only asked for a beer 'cause I was trying to look grown up. I didn't think. You believe me, don't you? Jor-El doesn't lie!”

His parents were ascending the stairs arm in arm when he saw them exchange glances, and he could swear he heard them chuckle, too. Now what had he said that was so funny?
So funny! Superman doesn't lie - Jor-El doesn't lie!

And poor Matt! He asked for that beer at Jimmy's place just so that he could appear grown-up - but instead his mom scolded him like a child! Not that I blame Lois. I sympathize with her concerns for her children and with her distaste for alcohol, in view of her mother's alcoholism.

Lovely chapter, Jenn! I hope to see more of Clark, Lois and Matt soon!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
This has to be quick I am drop dead exhausted, but I loved this line
“No, Clark. I trust your instincts. You've never suspected anyone without reason.
It was good to see them connecting on that professional level that Clark needs so much. I know he wants to be super again, but I see him also struggling to become Clark Kent again, even if he can't be Superman anymore.

I look forward to this story each week.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another awesome part.

I love seeing how the family interact. This is classic Lane and Kent with little Kent getting in the mix. You have Lois and Clark down perfect to the show, and I love how Matt is a teenager only realising just how much of a teenager he really is even though he has to grow up quicker than most.

The dialog and sensuality you bring to these characters makes them incredibly relatable (both in reference to the show and on their own). It really draws me into the world you've continued for them.

I am curious to see what happens next.

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I hope the lack of comments this time round doesn't mean that my readers are losing interest.
I'm sorry, Jenni. I fully intended to leave FDK, but I got distracted and forgot it. goofy

I'm still loving this story and keep looking forward for the next part. Don't doubt your talent. You're a wonderful writer and your stories are fantastic, Jenni! notworthy

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Another great part! But they're getting close...which makes me worried because inevitably the bad guy will be back with a vengeance.

I'm really enjoying this story, especially the characterizations. Looking forward to the next part!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love this section. Nice dynamics between the Kents.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
I'm sorry I haven't been commenting much. My internet access has been terrible for the last two weeks almost, and I've been very busy on top of everything.

I'm still loving this story, and reading every part with interest.

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I adore this part with all the family dialogue. The connection they all share is wonderful and heartwarming. RL has been overwhelming lately. Just know that I am still reading and still loving this story

robinson
Columnist
Columnist
Hi all,

I'm sorry I'm late getting to my thank yous this week, but real life as been a bit of a pain.

I keep thinking that I have my husband's care package sorted out, then they decide to go and change everything again. It's very stressful, especially for John, and I feel bad for him.

Anyway, I want to thank you for rallying round and leaving wonderful fdk for this part. Believe me, when life is hard, your support means so much more. thumbsup

You give me a lift, so thank you all again.

Yours Jenni

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Jenni!

Sorry that it's all in one big post, but after fdk'ing part 5 I just had more time for reading (public transportation sure is nice for reading) than for writing fdk and now I have no idea what happened when clap Poor boy, can't catch a break.

The beer was hilarious. Well, he's a normal teen, I guess. On the other hand, he's only having the taste and bonding with uncle Jimmy.

Totally in tune with the show but still a bit surprising is the way the Kents bump into Timmons.

Great to see you've part 17 posted by now. at least this way I can detox a bit more slowly wink

Michael

PS: Now I'm working through the Kent Family series.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard