Thanks, as ever, to my fabulous BRs smile .

Link to Lucy's Dress is at the bottom.

This is where we get into the PG-13 stuff as, well, they are married now and on their honeymoon and etc smile .

I *may* - repeat *may* - speed up the posting schedule if - *if* - I can get this done and a couple more chapters of the next one done [that way I can start posting it as soon as this one is done wink - but I also want to have one particular plot point written b/c it could take some tweaking and I want to have it done before posting].

FDK appreciated!

Chapter 11

"You look gorgeous, Luce." Clark smiled down at her.

She took a deep breath. "I'm nervous as hell." She smoothed her hands over the bodice of her dress.

"Twenty minutes," Lois told her as she walked back into the bride's room of the little church.

Lucy let out another deep breath. "Only twenty minutes." She sat down carefully, her feet tapping nervously. "Have I said 'thank you' to you guys for helping pay for the wedding? It was really nice not to have to use everything in our savings accounts to pay for this."

"It was our pleasure, Luce."

"Tell me who's here, Clark," she told him nervously. "Do your buzz-buzz thing and see who came."

"My buzz-buzz thing?" he asked with a raised brow.

"You know – look through walls and all that."

Clark stared at the wall. "Well, Alice is here. Eduardo and his wife are talking to Cat and *Albie*."

"Can you believe she's dating Albert Chow?" Lois interjected.

"Can you believe she calls him Albie?" Clark returned. At Lucy's glare, he returned to staring through the wall. "Tina's here. Jessica and Lisa are manning the gift table and guest book."

"Are you guys opening presents tonight?"

Lucy shook her head. "We'll open them when we get back. Opening them tonight is just another way to delay getting to the hotel. Perry and Alice are taking them home for us." She fiddled nervously. "And thank you guys for that, too. And the honeymoon, even if you won't tell us where we're going."

"You'll find out tomorrow," Lois told her with a smile and a wink at Clark who grinned back.

"Well, still... thanks."

"Our pleasure," Clark said with a smile.

"How's Jimmy?" she asked nervously.

Lois shrugged. "I haven't seen him in a while."

"Clark?"

"Me either."

"Do your buzz-buzz thing," Lucy told him impatiently.

Clark chuckled and looked at the wall. "He's pacing nervously, talking to Perry."

"What's he saying?"

Clark shook his head. "I'm not telling you that. And if I was with him, I wouldn't tell him what you were saying either."

"Then who else is here?"

"A bunch of people from the Planet just got here. I see a couple of your friends from high school."

"Are Jimmy's parents coming?" Lois asked quietly.

"We never heard from his dad," Lucy told her sadly. "His mom said she'd try."

"How can they not be here?" Clark said sadly.

Lucy shrugged. "I'm not sure when the last time he heard from his dad was. Couple years ago at Christmas, I think. It's been a lot longer than that since he's seen him – right after our first date, actually. And, until this week, even though he's lived with his mom officially, he rarely sees her. She's out of town all the time on business. I'm not sure he's actually seen her since he officially proposed. She left him a note on the table one day a few weeks ago saying that she was going to try. I'm not sure he cares. I mean he cares, but I think he'd be more upset if you guys or Perry and Alice weren't here."

"That's not right," Clark mumbled.

"It's the way it is," Lucy sighed.

Alice chose that moment to walk in. "How're you doing, Lucy?"

She nodded nervously. "Okay. Ready to get this show on the road and get it over with and get Jimmy back to the hotel."

Alice laughed. "I can tell you with complete certainty that he feels the same way. Perry sent me in to tell you that we're about ready. Five minutes. Clark, will you tell us when the doors are all shut and stuff?"

He nodded.

Lucy stood up and smoothed the bodice of her dress again. "I think I'm ready for this. I mean, I know I'm ready to be Jimmy's wife but the rest of this..."

Lois helped her straighten her dress and together, she and Alice flipped the veil over Lucy's face.

Clark stood. "It's time, Luce. Jimmy and Perry are standing outside and Lisa and Jessica just finished lighting the candles and everything."

Lucy nodded. "Okay. Let's go."

Lucy and Alice carried her train, spreading it out behind her as they reached the main door to the sanctuary. Alice left them then to go take her seat. As soon as she was seated, the music began. Lisa and Jessica gave Lucy a small hug each, trying not to mess up her dress and veil and whispering for a minute, before they moved to either of the doors, opening them enough for Lois to walk through. Clark, unobtrusively, watched his wife walk to the end of the aisle. As she started up the steps, he turned to Lucy.

"Are you ready?"

She nodded, a sudden sense of calm coming over her. "I am."

The music changed and her friends opened the doors in front of her.

Her hand was tucked in Clark's elbow and he covered it with his own. "Here we go."

Together they walked down the aisle, Lucy searching for Jimmy the minute she stepped through the doors. About halfway down the aisle, she finally caught his eyes through the crowd. A grin split his face and she smiled back, stopping only when Clark applied slight pressure to her hand telling her it was time.

Perry said a few words that she didn't really hear, and then Clark said something and kissed her cheek, whispering, "I'm so proud of you, Luce," as he did. Then her hand was in Jimmy's as she walked up the steps to stand in front of Perry.

The rest of the ceremony was a blur to her. She promised to love, honor and cherish. She promised to be faithful, to take care of each other no matter what life threw at them. She knew he said the same things. She remembered taking the ring from Lois and silent tears slipping down her cheeks as she slid it on Jimmy's finger. More tears fell as he slipped the wedding band on hers.

Perry's voice finally penetrated fully into her consciousness. "Then, by the power vested in me by the state of New Troy and the First Church of Blue Suede Deliverance, I now pronounce you husband and wife." He turned to her *husband*. "Jimmy, you may kiss your bride."

She heard the cheers and catcalls, as Jimmy lifted her veil and placed one hand on the side of her face. Resting the other hand on her waist, he pulled her towards him and kissed her soundly on the lips. The kiss was entirely too short and too chaste for her taste.

"Soon," he whispered, smiling at her, tears in his eyes, then he gave her another quick kiss.

They turned as Perry spoke again. "Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor and privilege to present to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. James and Lucy Olsen."

She took her bouquet back from Lois and tucked her arm in Jimmy's elbow as they walked down the aisle.

They had an hour before the reception started at the hotel a couple miles away. They couldn't afford the Lexor, even though that was where they'd planned on staying even before Lois and Clark offered to put them up in the Honeymoon Suite for the night.

They stood in the receiving line, holding hands whenever they could between well wishes from friends. Most of the Daily Planet newsroom had shown up – at least those that weren't working – as had Franklin Stern and his wife, and friends from a number of other departments. Even Inspector Henderson was there. There were a few friends of both of theirs, from a variety of places.

Jimmy kissed her often as they took the rest of the pictures. It seemed like forever before they entered the limo with Perry, Alice, Lois and Clark.

"Now, kids, I appreciate that you two have been waiting for this and all, but would you mind holding the making out to a minimum on the trip over?" Perry asked with a twinkle in his eye.

Lucy laughed and Jimmy smiled. "Well, only because I can't get to her with this dress in the way."

Ten minutes later, they exited the car at the hotel. Before long they were seated and Lois and Clark brought them both something to eat. Lucy didn't eat much, but sort of pushed her food around on her plate. Jimmy leaned over to whisper in her ear. "You do need to eat something, honey. We need our strength."

Lucy practically choked on the water she was sipping and she turned a lovely shade of pink.

"Hey, just because we have to wait a little bit longer doesn’t mean I'm not thinking about it," he whispered.

She smiled at him. "I know, I am, too. You just caught me off-guard, that's all."

The band leader, a friend of Jimmy's from high school, chose that moment to announce their first dance. Jimmy pushed back from the table and helped her up, leading her to the dance floor. Once there, he pulled her as close as he could. She rested her cheek on his shoulder. The strains of Elvis' 'I Can't Help Falling In Love With You' filled the air as they moved together on the dance floor.

"I love you, Mrs. Olsen," Jimmy told her as he kissed her forehead.

"I like the sound of that," she told him with a smile.

"Me, too."

The song ended all too soon and they danced with Lois and Clark, followed by Alice and Perry. They were soon joined by other couples on the dance floor. The dollar dance followed and they pulled in a tidy bit of cash with that.

Soon, they cut the cake and tossed the garter and the bouquet.

"The limo's waiting," Lois told her. "Whenever you guys are ready."

Lucy nodded. "I'm ready. I'm starting to get tired and..."

Lois smiled at her. "You don't want to be too tired before you get to the hotel."

"Exactly."

The band leader told everyone of their impending departure and the remaining crowd gathered outside the door to the hotel, rice in hand.

Hand in hand, they ran through the line of friends and climbed into the limo. Jimmy seated himself next to her and wrapped his arm around her as she settled in next to him.

"You already checked in, right?" she asked, her left hand playing with his wedding band as she snuggled in a little closer.

He nodded. "Clark and I came by earlier and checked in and dropped off our bags and..." His voice trailed off.

"And what?" She looked up at him, puzzled.

"Your wedding present," he admitted sheepishly.

"I thought you were my wedding present," she whispered huskily.

"I have something else for you, too, but it's your second present. I'm your first one."

"I can't wait."

"Not much longer," he whispered, his tone matching hers.

She turned towards him, grateful that she'd removed her veil before the reception, kissing him softly on the chin. "I love you, Jimmy."

They pulled up in front of the Lexor and a moment later the driver opened the door. Jimmy exited then held his hand out to Lucy to help her out.

They shared soft, gentle kisses as the elevator took them towards their floor.

"Don't move," Jimmy told her as he opened the double doors to the suite. He turned back to her and lifted her into his arms, carrying her across the threshold.

Lucy giggled. "How gallant of you."

He set her down and shut the doors, leaning against them to look at her. "You're beautiful, Luce."

She blushed. "I'm nervous," she whispered.

He smiled at her. "I am, too. We'll take our time." She nodded as he walked towards her. He took her hands in his as he kissed her softly. "We have all the time in the world," he whispered, before kissing her again.

How long they kissed, she didn't know, but it seemed like forever. She could get lost in his kisses, and she did just that, her arms wrapping around his neck, pulling him to her as he wrapped his arms around her, holding her as close as he could.

But then, it wasn't enough and she slipped her hands in between them, shoving his jacket off his shoulders, before tugging on his tie and beginning to unbutton his shirt. Once his shirt was off, he stopped, pulling back to look at her.

So far, this wasn't anything new. They'd had make-out sessions where he wasn't wearing a shirt before but this was different.

"There's no boundaries tonight," he whispered.

She nodded. "I need to get out of these shoes though," she told him with a smile, kicking them off as she did so.

He laughed and toed his own shoes off. "Good. I hate those things." He pulled her close, reveling in the feeling of holding her against his skin. It wasn't long, however, before he spoke. "As much as I hate to break up the romance of this moment...," he whispered.

"What?"

"I gotta go to the bathroom. I meant to go before we left but..."

Lucy smiled at him. "Well, I did go before we left, but don't let me stop you." She rested her hands on his chest. "I'd rather you go now than have to stop later."

He kissed her softly, tenderly, then headed for the other room.

Lucy moved to the window, staring out over the lights of the city.

"Penny for your thoughts," Jimmy whispered in her ear as he moved behind her to wrap his arms around her waist, pulling her back to him.

"Just thinking how beautiful it is and how nervous I am."

He kissed the hollow of her neck. "No more than I am."

"I thought guys were supposed to be all confident about this stuff."

"I've got as much experience as you do."

"You dated before me."

"Not seriously. I never even rounded first, much less made it to second with any girl before I met you."

"I have no idea what that means."

He chuckled as he continued to pepper kisses down the side of her neck and onto her shoulder. "I'm not really sure either. All I know is that I kissed a couple other girls, but I felt more, *wanted* more, the first time you held my hand in front of that football stadium than I did with the four or five other girls I dated before you."

She moaned softly as he worked his way back up to her ear. "That's good to know."

"Are you going to tell me how this thing comes off?" he whispered. "You look great in it but..."

"You want to see me out of it?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Untie the ribbon," she whispered huskily.

His hands ran up and down her arms as he stepped back. When he reached her shoulders, he ran them down her back until the settled on her waist. He took a deep breath before moving them to the center of her back, tugging gently on the ribbon until the bow came undone. Slowly, he unlaced it. Her arms held the bodice in place as he pulled the ribbon completely free. He moved back closer to her, wrapping his arms around her again.

"It's okay, Babe. It's just me."

"I know. There's a hook-and-eye at the top, too," she told him.

He moved back, fingers trailing down her shoulder blades until he reached the top of the dress, fumbling a bit with the clasp. Once he was done she turned to look at him. He pulled her back into his arms, the dress now held up between their bodies. She moved back just enough to look up at him and press her lips to his.

"Are you ready for this?" he asked softly.

"I've never wanted anything more," she answered.

Lucy rested her head on her husband's chest as he tugged the satin sheets up around them. "Wow," she whispered.

He kissed her forehead. "I know."

"That was..."

"I mean..."

Lucy sighed. "Exactly." She kissed his chin. "The only thing I'd like more would be..."

"...more?" Jimmy asked her with a smile.

"Well, yes, but first..."

"What?"

"My other present."

Jimmy chuckled. "It's in my suitcase."

"So go get it."

"I don't have any clothes on."

She giggled. "Don't you think we're a little past that now?"

He blushed furiously. "Well, it's one thing while we're making love, but to just walk around all naked might take some getting used to."

"Bet you'd be okay with me walking around naked all the time," she said, drawing random patterns on his stomach with one hand.

"Well, yeah, but that's different."

"How?"

He kissed her. "You're gorgeous for one thing and it's not me being naked."

She laughed and rolled over, carefully taking the sheet with her.

"Hey, no fair."

She picked his boxers up off the floor and handed them to him. "Here. Be all modest and go get me my present."

He kissed her before pulling his boxers on as he stood up. He moved to his suitcase and pulled out a box. "Here."

She pushed herself into a seated position, the sheet still firmly in place.

"Now who's being all modest?" he asked with a grin.

She shrugged. "You are."

"So if I show you mine?" he asked with a raised brow.

She shrugged again and pulled at the ribbon on the box.

"Before you open that, you are going to have to share it."

"Why?"

"You'll see."

She opened it. "Jimmy! Where did you get the money for this?" She pulled the new camera out of the box.

"Well, once Lois and Clark said they were going to pay for half the wedding, I had a lot of money left over that we'd planned on spending on that. Well, not a *lot*," he conceded. "You know how much I have in my account, but I'd managed to squirrel away some cash anyway and used that and some of what I had left and... there you go."

"I'm not sharing," she told him.

"Until we can get me a new one, you have to."

She looked him up and down. "I charge rental fees, you know," she told him.

"What kind of fees?" he asked, taking the box from her and setting it on the side table.

"The kind that require you to walk around naked," she giggled.

"Really?"

"Yep. Making the bed naked, making dinner naked, doing my homework for me naked, doing laundry naked."

He groaned and flopped onto his back. "You don't ask for much, do you?"

She moved until she was sitting next to him. "Don't use my camera and you won't have to worry about it. But right now, I need a shower. All this hairspray and gel and whatever else Cat did to my hair is driving me crazy."

"Only if I get to join you," he said, his eyes twinkling.

"Deal."

"So where do you think they're sending us?" Lucy asked around her bite of pizza.

Jimmy shrugged as he took a swig of his soda. "All Clark would tell me was that it's some place warm and private and to bring swim suits, if we wanted."

"If we wanted? If there's somewhere to swim, why wouldn't we want a swim suit?"

"Because it's somewhere private?"

"Where could we be going that's *that* private?"

"I don't know. Did you bring a swim suit?"

She nodded. "Yep. Couple of new ones and one not so new one."

"New ones?"

"Yep. Bought them after you proposed."

"Really?" he asked with a raised brow.

"Yep. And you'll only see them if it's private enough that no one else is going to see them." She took another bite of pizza.

"Well, then what's the point of having them?"

"You're not willing to walk around sans clothes in front of me yet, are you?" she asked eyeing the maroon robe he wore, as she tugged the lapels of her white robe slightly closer together.

"Good point."

"And if we're someplace that's almost completely secluded, then I might wear them on the off chance that someone might walk by and I wouldn't want to not have anything on but since it's unlikely that anyone will walk by..."

"You'd be willing to wear one of them then?"

"Right."

"Well, I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out where we're going."

She wiped her fingers on a napkin. "I'm done. I know I should have eaten more earlier but..."

"Too many nerves?"

She nodded. "Too many nerves from the wedding itself. Too much nervous anticipation about tonight."

"I'm glad you got over that."

"Me, too. But then I burned all those calories a little while ago," she said coyly.

"And then you burned some more in the shower a little bit later..." he reminded her, moving closer to her. "Thank goodness for big showers," he whispered.

She turned to look at him. "And I'm about to burn some more?"

"Oh, I hope so," he told her grinning, before he moved to kiss her again.

"Our own island paradise," Jimmy said, slipping his arms around her. "So does this mean that I get to see those swimsuits?"

"Do I need them?"

"You won't get tan lines without them?"

She laughed. "I guess not. Did we bring sunscreen at least? I *really* don't want to get burned."

"Me either. It's in one of the suitcases in the hut."

She didn't know how much later it was that she was resting in his arms on the bed. "I thought we were looking for sunscreen."

"We were. We got sidetracked when you showed me what I *think* was supposed to be a swimsuit."

"What?" she asked innocently. "It's a two piece."

"A bottom and a hat?" he asked with a raised brow. "Were you actually planning on wearing that?"

She giggled. "Not where anyone but you could see."

"That's good. I wouldn't want anyone else to see you in it."

"I'll make sure I'm not wearing it when Clark comes by then."

"Good plan. Neither one of us would be able to look him in the face ever again."

"I think he'd probably be the most embarrassed out of all of us."

"Probably." She giggled again. "You should have seen Lois' face when I bought it."

"She was with you?"

Lucy nodded. "Yep. And she said there was no way she was going to tell Clark about it."

"That's a very good thing, I think."

"That's what I said." She looked around the little room. "Can you believe he made all this?"

"It was nice of him."

"It was Lois' idea."

"I heard."

"The other was really great of them, too," she said quietly.

"Giving us the rest of your inheritance money? Yeah, that's great."

"We won't have to struggle like they did."

"We won't have a teenager to raise either."

Lucy yawned. "You've worn me out, Olsen. I think I need a nap."

He laughed. "I told you a long time ago I didn't plan on getting much sleep on our wedding night."

"Well, you didn't. And neither did I." She yawned again to emphasize her point. "When we got to the hotel. In the shower. After the pizza. This morning. Again this morning. Just now."

"I think I'm ready for a nap, too," he told her, stifling a yawn. He rubbed a hand up and down her arm. "I should have asked you something else last night," he said softly.

"What's that?" she murmured, snuggling deeper into his embrace.

"Did I hurt you? I mean, it didn't seem like it, but..."

She shook her head against him. "No. I expected it to, at least a little bit, but it didn't hurt at all."

"Good. I’m glad."

His only answer was a soft, feminine snore.

"I did get you another wedding present," Lucy said, walking onto the beach and sitting next to him on the blanket before holding the box out to him. "I meant to give it to you last night but got sidetracked."

Jimmy took it from her and shook it. "It rattles."

She nodded. "It's not a camera or even close, but I hope you like it."

He ripped open the paper and then looked at her with one eyebrow raised. "Scrabble?"

"We were supposed to play strip Scrabble last night, remember?" she asked innocently.

He laughed. "Did we ever figure out how to play that?"

"Well, I think we'd have to put clothes on first."

"Good point. And that would be a waste of a perfectly good private hideaway."

They lay back on the blanket wrapped in each other's arms. "There's so many stars here."

"It's beautiful," he agreed and she realized that he wasn't looking at the stars anymore.

"As wonderful as that week was, I think I'm glad to be home," Lucy said sinking down onto the couch.

"Me, too," he said flopping down beside her. "It got a bit warm at times and I think I still have some sand... Well, let's just say I need a real shower."

"Me, too."

"Well, let's see what we can do about that, Mrs. Olsen." He glanced at the clock. "We have an hour before we're supposed to be over at Perry and Alice's. I don't think that's enough time for both of us to take showers," he said suggestively.

"Well, then what do you suggest we do, Mr. Olsen?" she said moving closer to him.

"Oh, I think you know."

"Call Perry and Alice and tell we'll be late?" she asked innocently.

"Well, that, too."

It was an hour and a half before they made it to the White home.

"I should have known you two would be late," Perry grumbled.

"Sorry, Chief," Jimmy said with a smile, sounding not at all apologetic.

"Sure you are."

Alice just laughed. "Leave them alone, Perry. They're still on their honeymoon."

Lucy blushed and Jimmy grinned at that before his eyes lit up. "Where's the presents?"

Alice laughed again. "Not until after dinner. I know you two have been on a deserted island. I'm sure you could use a home cooked meal right about now and it's just about ready."

"You guys always make me wait for presents," Jimmy muttered. "Perry won't let us go downstairs at Christmas, Lucy made me wait until last week..."

Lucy smacked his arm. "We both decided that."

He glared at her. "...to give me Scrabble." She giggled as he sighed loudly. "Okay, let's eat. And fast because I want to open presents."

Two hours later, they had finished dinner and presents were opened. Their friends had been more than generous with their gifts. A number had given various amounts of cash. Others had given things necessary to help set up a household. Even though Lucy had lived in the apartment for years, many things hadn't been updated or replaced over the years and everything from new towels to new potholders to new dishes were more than welcome. Lucy had received a number of nightgowns and things of a Victoria's Secret nature at a bridal shower hosted by Alice for her friends a few weeks before the wedding, though she had yet to actually wear any of them.

Jimmy, however, was most excited by the CD player and stack of CDs from Franklin Stern and his wife and the new camera from Cat and *Albie*.

Perry and Jimmy loaded everything into the car before they settled back around the living room with a cup of coffee for everyone.

"Now listen, you two. My newsroom is not a make-out parlor," Perry told them with his sternest look. "I won't have you all over each other while you're there."

Jimmy sighed loudly as he pulled Lucy slightly closer to him. "I guess we'll need another week off then, Chief."

Lucy blushed again while Alice laughed and Perry tried desperately to keep the smile off his face.

"Well, fine," he groused. "Just don't take it overboard."

"We won't, Perry," Lucy assured him. "As long as he doesn't borrow my camera." She gave Jimmy the most innocent look she could muster.

Jimmy groaned causing the other couple to look at each other puzzled. "You don't want to know," he told them. "Trust me. Besides, now that we have two nice, new cameras, I won't have to borrow yours."

Lucy sighed. "You will if you can't find the other one when you need it."

Perry looked at the clock. "I know you two don't have to be at work until later tomorrow, but not all of us have that luxury. Time for this old man to hit the hay."

Good-byes were said and the young couple headed home. Lucy yawned as they neared the apartment. "You get to bring everything in."

"Why is that?"

"Because I'm going to go take a shower to wake up a bit because I don't know about you, but I really want to break in our new bed tonight and we can't do that if I'm sound asleep two minutes after we get inside."

Jimmy laughed. "I don't think I want you falling asleep that quickly."

"Me either. Besides I have a few new nightgowns and such that I want to wear before too long."

"As long as you don't wear them too long, that's fine with me."

Lucy groaned. "You have a totally one track mind these days, don't you?"

He turned the car off and turned to her. "So do you. Besides, you wouldn't have me any other way would you?"

Lucy smiled at him, resting her hand on the side of his face. "No, sure wouldn't."

Sometime later, Lucy was drifting to sleep in his arms. "That was worth staying up a bit longer for," she murmured.

Jimmy kissed her forehead. "Definitely. I love you, Lucy Olsen."

"And I love you, Jimmy Ol..."

Jimmy smiled as he pulled the sheet a little tighter around them. "Sweet dreams, love," he whispered before closing his eyes and going to sleep himself.

TBC

Lucy\'s Dress