Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
So cute!!! I love that Superman's getting to see his Lois =) Also wasn't expecting it at all, now Clark gets to see a glimpse of the two of them.... but also interesting tid-bits with Lex and the native Lois... now that she knows where to find Superman when he's off-duty how will that change things? I would love to see the two Lois' meet at some point too... Still absolutely loving this premise.

Sara "Lieta"
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
She sighed. She knew it had not been that long, but it felt like it had been years since Superman had first shown up, years since these feelings had started to develop. She was ready to move forward with their relationship, but he was fighting it. Why?
This Lois seems a little more certain of her feelings for Superman as a person. And a LOT more preceptive.
“You know,” Herb smiled. “The butterfly effect. The belief that small changes in initial conditions can cause large fluctuations in the end result. People often relate it to time travel…”

“I know what the butterfly effect is,” Superman interrupted him. “I’m just wondering how you could not believe in it.”
I'm not sure if you want us to take Herb at face value, since the butterfly effect is firmly embedded in all his other, canon, appearances, or if you are setting him up for a fall.
“You wear spandex!” Lois exclaimed. “And you fly. You’re surprised that this Lois has a bit of a crush on you? Really? Come on, Clark. There’s nothing that you or Herb can do to stop Lois from having a crush on Superman
I completely agree with her point but at the same time the first quote above make it seem this 'Verse's Lois's feeling are more adult than a crush.
How could she hear him? Clark had no idea, but given that he was in dark clothes and not Superman’s suit, this was not the time for a conversation.
Hmm, in L&C canon Clark became Superman because of Lois Lane. He stayed Superman because of Lois and Lois became a full partner in Superman, not the "little woman" or the "helpmate". I think time and again we've seen Lois as just as important, to the future, as Clark. Perhaps Lois needs to catch this Clark using his powers and be the one to help him onto the way of the hero. No one else is close enough to really notice the switch when Visiting departs and Clark takes over as Superman EXCEPT Lois. If she is on the inside....

Framework4
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Hmmm, reading your last comment I envision "Clark's Lois" running over to see Superman about his relationship issues and finding him with his Lois..... because I wonder why she is there....... doesn't seem to fit that she would just be there for moral support for Superman..... And looking back over the chapter I love the inclusion of the nuances of the differences between the husband and father's life vs the bachelor's over the use of super-powers in the home.

Sara "Lieta"
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Lieta and Patrick for the comments! Sorry I did not get to this sooner. We had guests on Sunday and then I ended up being up all night which meant I did not feel intelligent enough to do something as difficult as typing yesterday.

I would love to see the two Lois' meet at some point too
Hmmm... It may be interesting to see the two Lois' meet at some point, but I don't really see it happening. First off, that involves letting Lois in on things she's not aware of yet, and second, as it stands, I don't expect any more Lois visits (although, to be fair, this one wasn't planned either, it just happened). So, who knows, Lois could stop by for a visit again sometime. Maybe after Lois is more aware of the Clark/Superman thing...

I'm not sure if you want us to take Herb at face value, since the butterfly effect is firmly embedded in all his other, canon, appearances, or if you are setting him up for a fall.
I'll be honest - I did not recall anything from the show on whether Herb believed on the butterfly effect on the show. I did some looking on the web and it seemed like he didn't really explore it in "The Time Machine" since the only time travel in there was to the future. (This was solely based on what I could find as I haven't read it.)

I completely agree with her point but at the same time the first quote above make it seem this 'Verse's Lois's feeling are more adult than a crush.
That's interesting. I don't see it that way. I see them as stronger than the original Lois felt for Superman at this point, but not any more "real". The original Lois made it pretty clear on more than one occasion that she wanted a relationship with Superman. What was it that seemed different here?

doesn't seem to fit that she would just be there for moral support for Superman
Sorry, but she is. The next chapter starts after she's left (although there is a flashback to her visit pretty early on in that chapter, so it's not really completely over).

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part. I am glad the other Clark got to be with his wife. I am very intrigued on how you will continue to develop the relationships. It was interesting that HG Wells thought he was doing a good job.

robinson
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
What was it that seemed different here?
She got mad at him. She talked to him like a person, having discussions instead of all "OH Superman, Oh Superman".

It is early in the season and already I just can't see Your Lois going "Oh Superman, is there any hope for us?"

Framework4
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks, robinson.

I have to admit, I was surprised Herb thought he was doing a good job, too. First off, I wasn't expecting him or Lois to show up - it's amazing how often things show up on my screen I wasn't intending to write, but then when he did, I just couldn't see him lecturing Clark.

Plus, I always have viewed Herb as a bit clueless, so it also made sense to me that he would think it was all good - superficially Superman hasn't done anything wrong.

Patrick - your comment is interesting. I actually have part of the scene where the original Lois said that written (I'm no where near there yet, but the scene was bugging me ages ago and so I wrote it down). I don't actually have the part where Lois would say this, just the end, but I have to admit, what I've written could not be preceded by an "Oh Superman, is there any hope for us?"

I agree with you, while I don't really see this Lois as having more "real" feelings for this Superman, her views of him are more realistic and that means there are things that she just couldn't say. I still feel like her crush is the same silly thing, though.

This may seem unrealistic but I'm not sure it is. I had a friend ages ago who was a few years older than me. Not a lot, but enough that when we met he was nearly finished with college and I was still in high school. As a result, he naturally viewed me as a kid when we met. And for the next several years whenever we saw each other, he treated me like a kid, although eventually, the age difference didn't seem that big to me. After we'd been friends for a few years, we ended dating for a brief period of time. Naturally, when we were dating you would think he would not view me as a kid and that is true, sort of. Certainly he seemed to have moments of realizing that - mainly when we were kissing. But nearly immediately after, he would slip back into thinking I was a kid to the point of feeling badly about kissing me.

I think it's entirely possible that your views of people are shaped largely by your impressions of them when they met. While they can change over time, for some people they don't change that much.

I see that with Lois. She's had a chance to see Superman being human, so sometimes she relates to him as a man - and as such she knows that he's flawed. But her first impression where she was completely bowled over and awed by him hasn't gone away yet. It would take a lot for Lois to stop feeling a little of those early emotions for Superman when she sees him.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Still a very entertaining story, anonpip.

“Thanks,” Clark said as he moved to the kitchen. A minute later he called out, “You made it in the pot?”

Superman smiled. “I’ve been trained to heat things like a normal person,” he said, squeezing Lois’ hip.
He has been potty trained lol SCNR

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Michael!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard