Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54904 08/22/08 04:36 AM
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Great chapter! I can't even begin to tell you how much I want these two to overcome their issues and be together. Jay's life has been so messed up by the NIA, but it really seems like he's on his way to picking up the pieces.

Loved this:
“Jay, I am anything but innocent,” she told me furiously. “You want to know what I was doing before I came over here? I was pulling a knife from the hand of some poor drug addict teen just before he stabbed his best friend over a plastic baggy. And you want to know how I know they were best friends? The whole time I was taking the kid to the police station, he wouldn’t stop sobbing the whole story to me. I’ll say it again, Jay, I’m anything but innocent.”
And yet, just like Clark, she's able to maintain a bright outlook on life. I think that's pretty extraordinary.

I also loved that Ellie gave Jay the "whatever you can do, it's enough" speech. Things went wrong on his assignment, but he never gave in and protected his sister. dance

Brenda

#54905 08/23/08 01:28 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That was awfully sweet, Beth. first Ellie hones in on Jay while she's out and about, then they open up and finally you gave us some stuff on how Ellie is stronger then Jay. Poor kids.

Michael

PS: I can't help but wonder if Jay's student is in Kaylie's class.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#54906 08/24/08 09:44 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice point/counterpoint on being secretive. There are always those things that people can find excuses not to share. I especially enjoyed Ellie's introspection as to that fact that she will always be the physically stronger one in a relationship.

They are making progress but only one baby step at a time.

Bob

#54907 08/24/08 07:31 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Brenda, I'm so glad to see you're rooting for these two! Although I try not to give away spoilers, I will say that I like happy endings. wink

PS: I can't help but wonder if Jay's student is in Kaylie's class.
I've wondered the same thing, Michael, but unfortunately, no one has told me yet. *grumble* temperamental characters *grumble*

They are making progress but only one baby step at a time.
Yes, they are, Bob. I can only write downward spirals for so long before I get depressed. wink Eventually, things have to start looking up for them.

Thanks again for the comments, guys! You're the best.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard