Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Nice update. smile

It was so cute when Lucy asked Clark to take her flying.

I thought both Lucy and Jimmy would have been more freaked shock out about getting the sex talk or the not having sex talk from Clark.

Looking forward to reading part 6.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Looking forward to more. I especially love seeing Lois and Clark through Lucy's eyes. Not that it's altogether pleasant, mind you, but oh, what the heck we all know I love tortured souls.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
There's not that much suspense in this story, since it's a retelling of a completed fic, but there are still gems to mine. Like this one:

Later, they were lying on her bed watching the stars out of the skylight. Jimmy's arm was wrapped around her and her head was on his chest.

"Did Clark talk to you?" he asked.

She nodded. "Yeah. I guess he probably gave you the same 'don't have sex' talk he gave me."

"Probably pretty close, but somehow I think I'll see him watching us every time I want to do more than give you the smallest of kisses."

Lucy giggled. "He probably wouldn't be too happy to know that we're up here."

"He's not," a voice called from the bedroom.

Lucy and Jimmy winced. They scrambled off the bed. They leaned on the railing looking down on a frowning Clark.
Being a father myself, I can imagine Clark's voice being in the lower register with flat inflection and clipped syllables.

And he isn't smiling.

I'm a little surprised Jimmy wasn't more embarrassed by being caught being someplace he knew he shouldn't be. But I am glad that Clark didn't go off on either of them while he did remind them of who he is and of the position he's been thrust into.

I can recall some similar conversations with my daughter's boyfriend. Maybe if I had been more "super" they would have had better effect.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thank you guys for the feedback smile .

I'm still enjoying writing this very much and I'm glad you guys are enjoying it as well. I know non-L/C stories aren't terribly popular but I'm having fun getting to know Jimmy and Lucy on a much different level than we ever did on the show. Lucy was barely involved at all and Jimmy wasn't really dealt with in any depth at all most of the time - no other facets of his personality/life explored at all - except maybe in Dad Who Came In From the Cold.

Look for more tomorrow and if I can get the thing finished, I'll bump up the posting schedule.

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard