Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Great update.

I'm having a hard time believing that Lucy feels that Lois left her. Yes, maybe Lois and her don't get to spend a whole lot of time together anymore or talk, but Lois is still there. Maybe not in the same way before their parents died, but she did not abandon her.

The interaction between Lucy and Clark is fantastic. Nicely done.

Looking forward to reading part 3.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Have just a second...

Yes - I know that and you know that, but 15yo Lucy on the other hand... At that age, everything is still so self-centered [at least most of the 15yos I know...]... And she could just be having a rough day. Promise more in the next section...

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lucy is, IMO, acting as a typical teenager and I can't blame her. With all the changes in her life and not knowing what's going to happen, all of a sudden not having your sister around as much, has got to be difficult. But I know she will later on appreciate everything Lois and Clark are doing for her now.

I never before thought about how awkward it would be for Lucy to be home alone with a perfect stranger btu I am glad she has gotten to know Clark better and even started to like him. smile

Jaxon came as another surprise! LOL Are you trying to squeeze in as many characters from LnC as possible?

I do hope Lois and Lois will be able to spend some time together over the summer, and I am looking forward to your introduction of Jimmy. Should be coming up or is that a year later? Either way, I am sure I won't have to wait long. wink

Good luck with with the hospital visit and do keep us posted!

Natascha

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Heh, no problem believing Lucy feels alone. That coupled with "over-protective"Clark" is the whole teenager enchilada.

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Good story so far. I like seeing Lois and Clark from another point of view. And Lucy had quite a few experiences we didn't see in the previous story, so there's a deep well still untapped.

My favorite quote so far was Lucy telling Clark about this guy she'd seen.

"His name is Jaxon and he's a computer whiz."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean, he has a modem and everything."

"Wow. I have no idea what that is, but..."
A modem and everything! This kid is really uptown!

We often forget how recently the online world came into existence. I can delve into the dim recesses of my memory and recall accessing a writer's bulletin board on Texas back in the 80's. I had a 1200-baud modem in my 80286 machine, and downloading anything more complex than a plain text file was just out of the question. This was back in the days of Compuserve (which I read about but never used) and AOL (which I did use but never liked) and vague promises of home computers interconnecting with other machines to share data and eek even pictures! It's little touches like this one that help make this story more interesting and bring the characters to life for the reader. Kudos from me!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
JAXSON!!! Ack!!!! I never thought I would say this, but thank the merciful heavens for Jimmy Olsen!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard