Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
cp33 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Jenni, this was wonderful. I love how Matt was the focus this time.

Nice scene with Clark and Matt as Clark supported Matt. Is Clark getting super again?

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
wonderful part - very riveting with lots of action and angst. I aboslutely loved the conversations between Matt and Clark - what a great dad. I think you wrote Matt very well. Even though he is super he is still a child and your decriptions of his feelings and his thoughts were perfect.

I am glad that Clark was not at the scene. Lois and Clark would have had a very difficult time if he had been present and potentially hurt.

I am definitely looking forward to next wednesday

robinson
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
I'm sorry I'm so bad at feedback, but I wanted to tell you I am loving this.

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This part was amazing! I love the way you've written Matt. And the way the cops and medics responded to Jor-El was great. But I'm getting anxious for them (specifically Clark) to find this guy!

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Jenni, this was a truly gripping chapter. I had hoped when you were describing Thomas's disappointment about the size of his bomb that it would be ineffective. It wasn't. Your descriptions of its affects were horendous (in a good writing kind of way).

I feel so bad for Matt, but am super glad that Clark was able to help him telepathically. What a gift! This experience right here should prove to Clark how much good he can still do, even if the other powers never return.

Brenda

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I noticed you quietly slipped in there a one line description of Clark's speed coming back. It isn't his *super* speed yet, but it's a lot faster than a normal man's speed.

Like Sheila said in another feedback thread, reading about Clark crippled this way is like seeing a great eagle, who should be soaring above the Earth, with his wings broken. It's terribly sad. Superman needs to defy Dr. Klein's diagnosis and make a come back.

I like it that he was able to help Matt, even while he wasn't there physically, and the younger super hero was able to learn from the more experienced -- but I still want to see Clark back to normal.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow Jenni...

This part took an interesting tangent to focus more on the bomber and Matt.

It was interesting to see the bitterness, hate and malice of the monster behind the bombs..

It was also intriguing to see Matt confront such a violent event with a little push from his dad. As others mentioned, you conveyed the child that he is, and yet also showed the hero that he will (already has) become.

I also liked the subtle hint about Clarks speed... it gives hope... even if Clark doesn't realise it himself.

As always... loving this story.

I actullay just finished 'The Forgotten' yesterday so I had the back story.. and wow... that was another amazing story.. it brought into focus for me a lot of what you are conveying in this story...

Please keep writing!

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I've been debating whether or not I should post FDK here.

Anyway, I simply love your portrayal of the Kent family: Clark, Lois, Matt, the two daughters. They love each other so much, but it is so hard to deal with the fact that Clark isn't what he was before, but he is trying to do some of the things he did before, and Lois gets scared, and Clark feels slighted and hurt... and so on. On top of that, Lois is indeed Clark's boss, professionally! And they have to deal with that as well. It's beautifully written and extremely poignant.

Thomas, though... he gives me the creeps, and I don't much like massacres of any kind. Would you believe that I never liked Star Wars because Darth Vader blew up Princess Leia's planet?

But that's just me, and it's another case of my various hangups. It is not a legitimate criticism of your story.

Looking forward to seeing more of Lois and Clark and their children in this story!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You were tugging at my heart with what Matt had to deal with.

Matt is no longer a boy, but it was nice that the public servants were there to help him deal with this as well.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
Hi All,

I'm amazed by the thoughtful comments you leave me, and it's good to know that I have written Matt well enough for you all to be concerned for him.

I enjoy creating original characters, but I'm not sure I always get them right, or make them seem realistic.

TOC, I'm glad you did leave fdk, even though there were aspects of this story which did upset you. And I did want readers to find Thomas creepy = it means I have done my job right. wink

Keri, never feel bad about leaving any kind of fdk. Believe me, just letting me know you are reading and enjoying my story means the world to me.

It's nice to know I'm picking up new readers, de-lurking is sometimes scary, but I also appreciate those of you who been with me from the beginning.

So, thanks to everyone.
Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard