Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol,
You did it! I am so proud of you! And happy!! smile1 thumbsup laugh
As soon as Lois made her way down the stairs and saw Clark with Jon, I knew what would happen and it was perfect! It even made me teary-eyed. blush

What a rollercoaster ride. You have no idea how glad I am that I stuck with it even through the tough times. wink

I finally see a happy future for Lois and Clark.

Now I am looking forward to reading Lucy's story, and eventually Martha's letters!

Natascha

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay, Carol!!! Congratulations on finishing this undertaking!!! clap

Columnist
Columnist
Congrats on finishing! I did read all of this fic. I can't say I liked Lois as the constant vicim but loved the idea of them getting together in a new fashion.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol,
That was FANTASTIC!!! clap Thank you for sharing such an amazing story with us. I can't wait to read Lucy's Story, Martha's Letters, and the story that you teased us with.
Melanie

~Mel~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, a very nice ending! Lois being able to watch Clark and Jon spend time together was the perfect way to bring it all together at the end. Congrats on a fabulous NaNoWriMo story; looking forward to future fics by you.

wink
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lovely,lovely ending.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Whew.

Nice ending. I especially liked the candles.

Me, I think Clark is Jon's daddy. I can't prove it, of course, but that's what I think, and unless our esteemed author contradicts me I'm going to hold to my position.

The closing lines were so precious. And while I shuddered a bit at Luthor's actions, I accept them as par for the course for a man who subscribes to no moral code and who believes himself greater than any law.

I just finished reading a biography of Frank Lloyd Wright, the preeminent architect of the late 19th and early 20th century. In 1909, after he'd been married for almost twenty years (six children and a faithful wife), he became enamored of a neighbor's wife and ran off to Europe with her. They remained together until her murder in 1914 (Wright didn't do it). In 1911, Wright defended (in print) his decision to ignore societal "restraints" and live as he pleased, ignoring the pain he brought into two families and the censure of his neighbors. He stated that great men (and, presumably, great women) need not follow society's restrictions. They were above such mundane limits and shouldn't be expected to behave like their inferiors just to keep out of trouble with them.

Luthor's like that in nearly every story I've read about him. He was like that in the comics. And he had that mindset in the show, too. So I don't think he was behaving out of character. He's just a slimeball and I'm glad you whacked him.

I figured Lois would eventually come around, and I'm glad it was Clark's love for their son combined with his selflessness and willingness to sacrifice himself to protect them that finally broke down that final wall. Like I said, this was a good ending to a good story.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Merriwether
Merriwether
I have to say, Carol, that you've outdone yourself. This is a truly wonderful fic, and I'm sad to see it end. Brava! clap

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Blogger
Blogger
First of all... Congrats!! This is a wonderful story. I love the ending, it was perfect. I can't wait to read Lucy's story and Martha's letters. I think you have a faithful fan for as long as you write!! thumbsup

P.S. Hope the little guy is all better.

Here…poke that.
Columnist
Columnist
Carol, congratulations for finishing this! It's such an amazing accomplishment, and I completely love the story.

K
Blogger
Blogger
K
I'm mostly a lurker, but I had to post because I loved this!!! I'm so glad everything turned out well, thank you Carol!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That was a lovely ending to your fic, Carol! clap

What she saw stopped her in her tracks.

Clark lay on the couch, his left arm bandaged where the bullet had gone straight through. It hung limply by his side, his hand brushing the floor.

On his bare chest lay her son. Tiny Jon was curled up against the strong chest of his father.

His father.

She had said it many times before that biology didn't matter, that Clark was his father no matter what the genetics might say, but it wasn't until that moment that she truly believed it. In that moment, she knew in her heart what she had known in her head since she told Clark she was pregnant.

That green rock – whatever it was – had stripped Clark of his unique abilities and he had still flung himself into harm's way, going so far as to take a bullet to protect her and the child he had no way of knowing was his.

Matching breath for breath, the two men in her life were finally at peace. After the terror of the day, together they had finally found a way to move beyond the uncertainties, the now inconsequential realities of DNA, and they had found peace.

Clark, the strongest man in the world, made seemingly of steel, at his most vulnerable point had risked his life for hers and for the life of the innocent child now resting on top of him.

In that instant, Lois knew.

She knew what she had known for years, but had never been able to admit. Not completely. Not to herself, not to anyone.

Aunt Louise had known this day would come, but had not lived to see it.

She loved Clark Kent.

With every ounce of her being, she loved him.
Sorry about the long quote, but it is perfect! Lovely!! sloppy

This has been such an interesting fic, where Lois was "forced" by circumstances to marry Clark, when she was only seventeen. I applauded her for making it clear to Clark that she married him because he offered her a way to help Lucy, not because she wanted an intimate relationship with him. I thought she was too young to have to accept the full obligations of marriage at the age of seventeen. Unfortunately she got stuck in her fear of intimacy, but then again, that sort of thing can happen to a person. It is a very human thing to get stuck sometimes. It was interesting and moving to see Clark spending years trying to wear down Lois's resistance, much like he did in the show, except here he did it while they were already married to each other!

Like many others, I was unhappy about the fact that you had Luthor rape Lois. There are several reasons for my objections. First, in the perfect world of fiction, I'd like to imagine that Lois doesn't have sex with any other man than Clark, at least not after she has met Clark. (She can be excused for having sex with other men before she has laid eyes on Clark.)

Also, speaking about LnC fics in general, the idea that Lois should have sex with Luthor always makes my skin crawl! And I hate it when she gets raped.

And in this particular fic, it was rather painful that Clark wasn't the first to have sex with Lois, after he had waited so long and been such a caring and loving husband.

And if we think in terms of realism, it was rather improbable that Lois should run into two highly-regarded men who turned out to be determined, ruthless and sophisticated rapists with their sights set on her.

However, the rape situation did create a couple of very positive effects. The first was the fact that Lois was made to inhale, drink or otherwise take in Miranda's pheromone. I love the effect that has on her. It doesn't make her a loose woman who wants to have sex right and left, but it does take away her inhibitions and makes her want to make love to the man she truly loves, Clark Kent. I really thought that the pheromone incident was a great confirmation of Lois's true feelings for Clark in the show. In this fic, I didn't mind that she was "drugged" when she made love to Clark for the first time. It was just that her her fears and denials were taken away from her for once.

Second, the fact that there was some doubt about the paternity of Lois's child made it possible for Clark to demonstrate his complete love for Lois and her child. I think it might have been hard to come up with a scene as perfect as the one I quoted at the beginning of my post if the whole rape and pheromone incident hadn't happened.

I still think that Luthor's rape of Lois throws some gears into the clockwork of this story and makes it run less smoothly. On the other hand, isn't real life like that? Rarely do our lives form the shape of perfect arcs like rainbows. In real life we have to live with imperfections, and so do Lois and Clark in this fic.

But their love is perfect.

Ann

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Cute tale.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, that was really sweet. I'm glad that all the right people survived, and survived well.

You were very kind to get the last part in before I go on vacation. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lovely ending....
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thanks guys smile .

Not up for a more personal response at the moment, but know that all your comments are very appreciated.

I've been debating this all day since I have had internet access and have been in the hospital with DS and haven't gotten any work done on Lucy's Story but I think I am going to post Ch. 1 momentarily. I have a couple weeks worth of buffer and more after that I need to connect to and it's not going to be NEARLY this long.

I did manage to get a little over 10% of LtL edited for sending to Labby though smile .

Thanks again everyone for sticking with me through this whole ride. If I'd known how long it was going to take, I know I never would have started... wink . It's been kinda fun rereading some of it knowing how it ends [I mean, I knew how it ended but how it got there was still a bit up for grabs...].

Anyway - thanks! I do appreciate it!!
Carol

Blogger
Blogger
CarolynK's legal help got her a beta spot and she too was a wonderful help.
... and so the Fates turn, on the difference between "amiably" and "amicably." Who knew?

LOL, I had almost forgotten how I ever jumped on this train! But it's been a great ride, and you are a joy to work with.

It came out great, Carol, congratulations!

Peace, Carolyn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard