Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5430 08/14/03 10:03 PM
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
This was wonderful! Nice trick, saving Mayson from the dead, just to be the catalyst. goofy

Oh, and the space cat! thumbsup

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#5431 08/14/03 11:46 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This inquiring newbie wants to know- how lame is it to respond to your own fanfic challenge?
ROTFL! Well, Kaethel challenged me to respond to my own challenge a couple of weeks back, so I guess so. <g> Short answer - none of us care what the source is, so long as we get superb fanfic like this one!

It had been just a few weeks since her near-miss with the car bomb, but Mayson Drake had made quick work of reassessing her priorities. Having one’s eyebrows singed off tended to have that effect on a person.
rotflol

Lois, little by little, lowered herself onto the nearest sturdy surface. His lap.
laugh

This was simply hilarious at points, CC, and awwwwwwww, you even worked in a waffy ending. Wonderful!

LabRat (who also liked the Cosmic Kitten Space Cat...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#5432 08/15/03 12:33 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CC

This is wonderful. smile1

Tricia cool

#5433 08/15/03 01:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, you posted! smile This was great -- you kept all the stuff I liked the first time through, and made it better! smile1

There are a few points I just really loved:

And, if by chance, this new hobby brought her closer to say…another writer… a reporter with eyes a girl could wake up to day after day, then, so be it.
ROFL! Brilliant. I love the idea of her taking creative writing courses.

Despite Lois’ arched eyebrow, she pushed on. Her professor assured her that similes were her strong point.
<snicker>

And Lois was there. Lois had saved the day. Saved the baby. Saved him. Kissed him, even. Known him…fully. Seen him in the Suit and called him…

“Clark!”

Yes, she’d called him Clark.

“Clark!”

Right, he’d established that.

“Clark?!”

He heard her frantic voice now, as he swam up from the sea of images.
Love the way reality intrudes on his inner thoughts laugh

He held her close, ignoring Mayson’s sputtered questions and exclamations.

“Is it contagious?!”

That was one of them.

“Should I call…a shrink?”

That was another.

“Poisonous gas?”

Still more, and he really couldn’t blame her.

“Do you have to hold her so close?”

That last one a little bitter sounding.
And again, here. That last one in particular is hysterical laugh

And that ending is so sweet... I love the image of them interacting via reflections in the car window.

Great job! Now write more <g> Not on this, particularly... I think you have a part 3 to work on, from your series... wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#5434 08/15/03 03:59 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww..this was really nice!

*sigh* wink

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#5435 08/15/03 05:02 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
OMG.

I was totally cracking up at the beginning stuff, from Mayson taking a creative writing class to get closer to Clark, to "Giant Cosmic Kitten Unspool's DA's Air Tight Case" (ROTFL, that's a classic!) ... and then I got to this ...

“Yes, just tonight, in Mayson’s office, I realized that the name ‘Tempus’ means…everything to me.”
“To us,” she breathed, still not turning.
“Us,” he answered fervently. “Let’s go home. My home. Your home. Anywhere. But let’s go, Lois.”
And it was like this giant hand reached through my chest and grabbed my heart, clenching it and turning it into a huge puddle of WAFFy goo ...

Heh heh, I was sitting behind Mayson in class. <vbg>

Fantastic, CC! This was great.

Oh, and I have to add ...

“Unbuttoned?” Lois offered in her best talk-to-me tone.
“Undone?” Overrode Clark, sounding a bit too sympathetic.
“Un…spooled.” Answered Mayson, looking thoughtfully back at the two wordsmiths.
ROTFL! Wow, those would make great titles for other stories ... why don't you write them? <bg>

Kathy (who thinks CC definitely needs to get back to work on that third story of her series! smile )

#5436 08/15/03 05:23 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, those would make great titles for other stories ...
goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#5437 08/15/03 07:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto everyone! Very nicely done, CC. Excellent work!! goofy

Wendy wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#5438 08/15/03 10:21 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
This inquiring newbie wants to know- how lame is it to respond to your own fanfic challenge?
Not much, I hope, for I've done it too goofy

As for FDK:

I have to admit it confused me a bit. I didn't quite understood what happened in Mayson's office, and I was really not in the mood to use a dictionary. If I got it right, a cat destroyed Mayson's research or something? confused

I liked what happened when the situation was unspooled though.

He held her close, ignoring Mayson’s sputtered questions and exclamations.

“Is it contagious?!”

That was one of them.

“Should I call…a shrink?”

That was another.

“Poisonous gas?”

Still more, and he really couldn’t blame her.

“Do you have to hold her so close?”

That last one a little bitter sounding.
LOL! I liked this point a lot.

Anyway, I'll see ya.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#5439 08/15/03 03:55 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Very sweet & humorous little story... Great job!

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
#5440 08/16/03 04:24 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I have to admit it confused me a bit. I didn't quite understood what happened in Mayson's office, and I was really not in the mood to use a dictionary. If I got it right, a cat destroyed Mayson's research or something?
LOL! I think was a classic case of translation difficulties. smile

Anna, there wasn't really a cat. Mayson had been taking a Creative Writing class at night in order to show Clark that she, too, had writing skills, and she was using flowery language and imagery (the "Giant Cosmic Kitten unspooling the yarn of her case" stuff) to impress him. All you need to know about the first part of the story is that Mayson had a case that fell apart, and Lois and Clark are trying to get the story from her about what happened. smile

Kathy (who is just so happy that CC decided to become indoctrinated-- er, I mean, join us on the MBs.)

#5441 08/16/03 09:48 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Returning to the scene of the crime....

Thank you so much rivka, Labrat,TriciaW,Pam,Supes1fan,KathyB,Wendy,AnnaBtG,and Blayne, for all of your really kind and really hiliarious comments.

I called Mayson Drake from the grave because I firmly believe she is an interesting, strong, deep character who could give Lois a run for her money...Well, ok, rivka has it right, I brought her back to life because I needed her for a cheap plot device. blush

To AnnaBtG, I so LOL'ed at your comment, and was struck with great appreciation that as ridiculous as the story must have seemed to you (and it was, you're right), you still found something to compliment. KathyB had it just right. The whole "cosmic kitten" thing (thank you, Labrat, for liking) was just imaginative language run completely out of control.

Our next fanfic challenge: A serious exploration of the cat's motivation for destroying Mayson's research. laugh

To KathyB, whose heart was clenched into "a huge puddle of WAFFy goo," no greater testimony has ever been spoken. If I can touch just one reader that way, the hangover...er...the hardwork is all worth it. wink

Thanks again you really nice people! This was a kick. smile

CC- whose third story is currently being held hostage by giant space cat razz

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#5442 08/18/03 04:59 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nicely done CC
funny and waffy
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek