Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Great Chapter. hyper

Hopefully soon, Lois and Clark will find out who really is the daddy. Since they are both stressing over it, it should relieve some of the tension.

Looking forward to reading part 47.

Columnist
Columnist
Man, do I feel sorry for Clark and that baby. I hope Lois gets her head on straight sometime, Clark deserves more than he has gotten from her since they married.

Nice to see Lucy so excited for Lois and Clark.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lois is clearly selfish in some respects here, particularly when she isn't thinking for a moment about what it must be like for Clark to have been allowed to make love to her for one night, and then to be completely shut out again, as if nothing had happened.

Overall, though, I strongly sympathize with Lois. I completely understand her ambiguity about the child. I sympathize with any woman who feels bad when she has become pregnant after being raped, so I understand perfectly that Lois finds it hard to talk about her pregnancy to others. And while it was sweet that Lucy was so happy about Lois's pregnancy, I found some of her elation a bit irritating, too. She seemed completely unable to pick up on Lois's discomfort and mixed feelings. I'm glad that Alice seemed to sense that so clearly. And I liked Perry's reaction too, when they told him.

It's very good that Lois is seeing Dr. Friskin. I agree with the others that she should probably have had therapy long ago, but better late than never!

As much as I'm going to hate it if the child turns out to be Luthor's, I'm still glad that the baby is okay. I think a miscarriage would have been more than Lois could have dealt with at this time, and it could have become a guilt trip that just got worse and worse. Maybe she would have started imagining that her ill will toward the baby had killed it, so that she herself had a murdering mind.

I'm glad that Lois and Clark had an argument. I sympathized with Clark for losing his temper. Things have been extremely hard on him, and he must learn not to blame himself for what happened to Lois. There is no way he can be around to babysit Lois and protect her from being raped every moment. Things don't work like that in real life, not for anybody. But Clark does feel guilty, and seeing Lois's low mood doesn't help his own feelings, I'm sure.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
She seemed completely unable to pick up on Lois's discomfort and mixed feelings
It seems like Lois is always like this, perhaps Lucy expects nothing else from her.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Not seriously. It crossed in passing a couple of times, but it sort of flitted in and out. No more seriously than I ever thought about tattooing Clark's name on my butt or something."
Just had to grin at this. A hugely amusing analogy in the midst of a serious topic.

She seemed completely unable to pick up on Lois's discomfort and mixed feelings. I'm glad that Alice seemed to sense that so clearly.
Heh, families are so dense. I'll introduce you to mine sometime. And I know what you mean, Lois has all these things to think about right now...and who knows maybe she will get excited about it if she can eventually come to terms with the circumstances that were beyond her control...

Great part, Carol!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by TOC:
Lois is clearly selfish in some respects here, particularly when she isn't thinking for a moment about what it must be like for Clark to have been allowed to make love to her for one night, and then to be completely shut out again, as if nothing had happened.

Ann
It's way early and I'm up with a baby...

/worried Is she coming off like that all the time or just in one or two instances because she's not meant to be. I hope I made it clear enough that it's at least partially a medical decision here. /ponders Maybe I need to add something else in or something because they/she haven't/hasn't gone near back where they were but somewhere in between.

Okay - that took like 10 minutes to type. Back to bed...
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good post.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, this part was sweet and funny. Still not liking the whole rape-thingy, though. It's just such a dampener on the whole sweet and funny stuff huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Lois is seeing a therapist! Yay! Someone in her position (or a position similar to hers) would need to talk to a disinterested and objective third party. No one in their immediate circle can make that claim. Dr. Friskin can help her see what she hasn't so far, and she can help Lois with those ambiguous feelings about her baby.

I still maintain that we don't yet know if Lois was raped. We don't know if Clark was really her "first time" or not. We don't know how likely it is that the baby isn't Clark's. If it were today, they could take an oral swab from him and do a DNA match against the amniotic fluid, but I don't know what the state of science is in this universe (and we've not been told, which might be deliberate). And, of course, Lois still needs to work out all of her issues. She's made some marvelous progress, but there are still miles to go before she sleeps. Hope we get this baby thing resolved before too much longer. Then they can work on the sex thing.

Oh, Carol, don't edit the post. I understand Ann's point, and it's a valid one, but Lois is coming across to me as someone who's been hurt so deeply that she can't tell how badly she's been hurt, so she's reluctant to take those steps towards recovery because they're also painful. At least she knows her current pain and can deal with it. Recovery from anything is scary, whether physical or psychological, because it involves new pains and uncertainties. But she has to go through it, and with Clark at her side she can face it and come out the other end smiling and well-adjusted.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Double post, sorry. Please delete

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I, too, thought the tattoo comment was priceless.

As for their "sex" life, I wasn't sure where they stood. On the one hand, they joke about making out, snuggle freely, and kiss for the sake of kissing. On the other hand, she's just now starting to let him see her without her shirt on again, but makes sure she's wearing pajamas before removing her bra.

If they're somewhere in between then I'm not sure where that would be. Before they felt free to kiss and to touch each other through clothing (or was it that they touched without shirts on; I don't remember what they decided), but kept touching outside of the bedroom. Now there's no mention of touching, either inside or outside of the bedroom. She seems less comfortable with revealing herself to him. That doesn't sound like progress. (Actually I'm not sure if somewhere in between wouldn't be worse by reaching arousal and coming to an abrupt halt.)

Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to clarify, although that would probably fit better in the last part than in this one. Are they kissing good-night now? Is she closed off in some areas but open in others? Is he closed off, afraid to hurt her wounded spirit?

Elisabeth

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by TOC:
As much as I'm going to hate it if the child turns out to be Luthor's,
Originally posted by There Is No Spoon:
Hopefully soon, Lois and Clark will find out who really is the daddy.
And what makes you think we will find out in this tale? I rather think we will be left in the dark.

Since Clark would rather NOT submit his DNA for testing and has said it is his child regardless, I don't think it will be cleared up for us in the story.

Framework4
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Elisabeth - I've been thinking about it since I read the post a while ago [played outside with the kids etc smile ] trying to make sure my timelines were right etc. A lot of the last two sections [and maybe the next one] were written, then moved [and rearranged, and moved again] and changed based on the new date [so I didn't say she was 3 months pregnant in something I'd moved to June type thing]. Like both of the Friskin scenes that ended these last two chapters were originally later - say May but they really needed to be earlier. Anyway... It's entirely possible that I did get something backwards and missed it. I'm not sure that everything got sent back to beta's after the last changes so if there is something out of place it's all me.

That said... the T-shirt changing thing was the day they moved into the brownstone so a week? two? after the incident. I meant to convey that she'd been changing like that some before it happened, but maybe I didn't. He also went downstairs for a nice goodnight kiss b/c it wouldn't happen in their room.

Before Smallville, the restrictions were 'swimsuit covered areas' and fully clothed. In Smallville, shirts came off, but that's it. In my mind at least, they had moved the boundaries past that before New Year's but I've not thought too much about it in detail because... well... I just don't really. My thoughts would be 'second base' or something to that effect. Clark defined it as 'light petting or a bit more' [or something like that].

I think maybe I just haven't conveyed it well. I'm seeing them more like they were in Smallville or so but maybe it's just 'off screen' so far. It's possible. I've struggled with getting enough in these parts because part of me just wanted to skip from Jan to June to baby in like 2 scenes and that just won't work wink . Scanning the next chapter there's more of what you're talking about. Here though... he holds her after the 'do you want the baby' thing, they hold hands while telling Perry, the doc's office can be uncomfortable all around, and he did hold her again while they told the family [and he wasn't with Dr. Friskin, but I guess they didn't kiss at all in here which surprises me a bit. Guess it was off screen after all.

Okay - I'm tired and that was rambling so...

Terry - by editing I meant that it is something that occurs to Lois. She's not completely insensitive to Clark it just may not have shown in the snippets here and everyone has their insensitive moments - maybe I just happened to catch all of hers and none of her sensitive ones?

I'm double checking the rest to make sure those issues are addressed as needed.

As for Lucy, I think she's probably writing Lois'... quiet or whatever off to concern about Clark being Kryptonian. Maybe we'll see in her story wink . Or in future chapters.

And at this point, Clark has absolutely no intention of submitting to any kind of paternity test to protect himself and his family.

Gotta feed that baby again.

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard