Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#53889 07/16/08 06:33 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by carolm:

As she gazed at the picture, Clark's grin blazed back at her. Even in the darkened apartment, it lit up the room.

Suddenly, it all seemed clear to her. Tonight, she knew what she had wanted her whole life would finally be hers.

And she knew just how to let him know.

It'd better be one of his shirts!!!

So, finally jumping in here, after 43 lonnnng parts and way too many weeks of reading without dropping a single FDK line. Sorry about that. But I'm there, reading along the way, and enjoying it. I've found the story a little slow paced at times, but you managed to make it up with parts as great as this one.

Really looking forward to part 44!!!!

PS. Just an after thought... This IS the real thing, right? It's just that there are stil 5 parts to go, but if you're goiing to do the shirt thing... Well, it'd be pretty disappointing if you set up the perfect scenario and Lois's issues got in the way, yet again

Cris
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I knew things wouldn't happen within the set year's margin.

And Luthor? eek mad And he came onto her like a creep.

Not wanting to seem rude, but wanting desperately to escape his presence, Lois accepted the drink and began to sip. She heard Luthor speaking, but the words failed to cross into her consciousness. It was more like the annoying drone of a bee. Or a house fly. And for some reason the slightly lecherous look on his face didn't bother her the way it should have.

She felt his hand on her elbow and, without really understanding why, went where the gentle pressure directed her.
Okay, so Luthor drugged her. Big shocker.

But

Lois threw her coat over the couch, her head spinning, probably from a bit too much wine. She picked up a picture of her and Clark, taken the summer before on the shores of Lake Louise in Canada. She ran her finger along the picture of Clark's body. Every night she went to sleep wrapped in those strong arms and every morning she woke up to the sight of his strong chest.
This is right after the scene with Luthor and I have no idea who took Lois away and where. Is it Clark who is coming home? Lois is obviously still stoned, so nothing is going to happen if it is Clark. I just hope she doesn't remember her resolution from last anniversary.

And here is the biggy: I just KNOW that Lois is still with Luthor, stoned like a rock and imagining that Luthor is Clark.

What are you doing here, Carol? And why am I suddenly scared at the 4*9*? Get back here and at least explain this scene break. What is this? A Lois free for all? help confused

Michael

PS: Once you've figured ML's story out, there are no cliffhangers, just anxiety at getting the next fix. *THIS* is a cliffhanger.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
I am confused by the scene break. It sounds like Lois is drugged from her response to the opening of the door.

Help!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I thought this was extremely creepy, too!!! eek shock eek shock eek

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
AAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!
Now I feel a little better. laugh

Carol, I was so happy when I saw that you now expect there to be 49 parts instead of 48. smile

I loved their visit to Smallville and Lois's suggestion of making the entire trip a long date. She is certainly coming aorund. They weren't the only ones to enjoy their make out sessions. blush

I am not surprised that they are getting ready to quit traveling the world. Investigative journalism can be interesting too, so I hear. wink

Am I surprised that Lucy is pregnant? Yes and no. I didn't expect it but what can you do. At least they are happy about it. BTW, did you ever tell us what Lucy is going to college for? I don't remember what her major is. Just curious.

After Claude's showing up earlier, I expectedt Luthor to be the bigwig in Tokyo. I am glad Lois finds him creepy! He didn't really drug her, did he?

I do expect it to be Clark opening the door. I am sure of it. Please let her be in her right mind this time, not fearful, not drunk or drugged... This could be the night. I don't want it to happen in the final part of this story!

Lois will probably tell Clark at some point later on that she has started to or wants to investigate Luthor. That will be their first big story for the Planet once they are back in Metropolis!

I am all excited,
Natascha

PS. I also enjoyed the banter between Rachel and Clark. Reliving their childhood memories was hilarious! And Lois was a good sport, especially with the Langs.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
help I am having SERIOUS bad vibes here!!!!!

James, who hopes that Lois is willing to wait the 10 or so years for Clark murdering one Lex Luthor.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mister Data:
James, who hopes that Lois is willing to wait the 10 or so years for Clark murdering one Lex Luthor.
Nah, without a body there is no murder. Just a missing philanthropist. huh And after Luthor has raped her, I'm sure waiting the ten years won't be a problem.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Geez people! What is wrong with you? Where is your positive thinking??

There will be no rape tonight (or tomorrow or the next day!). I wouldn't mind a dead Luthor though... Let his snake bite him!

Natascha (hoping she isn't too naive)

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
The problem with parts like this is that one scene steals the show from all of the other lovely nuances.

The friendly rivalry between Lana and Clark was hilarious. One of those scenes where it couldn't have been better if they had rehearsed it. I'm happy they were able to include Lois into their friendship instead of making her feel like the third wheel.

And what to say about Lana? It's sad that she can't handle the real world, where people are sometimes denied things. It's sadder still that her folks have now lost two children, one to untimely death and the other to pigheadedness.

The scenes where Lois tries to decide what boundaries she's truly comfortable with were lovely. She trusts Clark to know her better than she knows herself. She also trusts him to have both of their best interests in mind.

Elisabeth

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
see, this is what I get for reading too fast... I totally missed all the bed signals

Come on, Carol, do not torture us poor readers!

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just to jump on the Drug Train...she wouldn't have been smacked with a pheromone, would she?

Bad vibe #2 is someone walking in the door other than Clark...

Great part!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Blogger
Blogger
I must say that I loved their trip to Smallville. The Corn Festival was always one of my favorite episodes. And the interaction between Rachel and Clark was hilarious. It was a well written scene and I couldn't help but laugh at their antics.

OK I'm with Shadow on this one... the first thing that popped into my head was Pheromone and that Luthor found a way to make it liquid form instead of inhaled. I don't think I like where this is leading, but I am SO glued to the boards for the next chapter, waiting in wide-eyed anticipation. shock

Here…poke that.
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
What is happening to Lois?!?!

And I am hoping Lex didn't take advantage of her...oh dear poor Lois and Clark.

I am loving this story as much as I have enjoyed reading all of your fics.

More soon please Carol.

Cheers mate
Little Tornado

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
And for some reason the slightly lecherous look on his face didn't bother her the way it should have.

She felt his hand on her elbow and, without really understanding why, went where the gentle pressure directed her.

Lois threw her coat over the couch, her head spinning, probably from a bit too much wine.
Carol, you are so evil.
wildguy wildguy
So what did Luthor use? Rohypnol? Seems likely since Lois is still feeling some of the effects.

While Lois doesn't recall anything Clark with his sensitive nose will likely detect the odor of sexual intercourse on her.

Not something I'd expect of Luthor. The Luthor on the show might kill without remorse but I did not see him as a rapist.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow.. just caught back with this story.. terrific!!!

I think Luthor might not have done much except "create" a scene which might cause Clark to doubt Lois, drive a wedge... but this is no regular relationship and Lex certainly wouldn't know the extent/level of their ... I could be way off though.

But nothing happened between Lex and Lois right? Come back quick thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup clap

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Framework4:
So what did Luthor use? Rohypnol? Seems likely since Lois is still feeling some of the effects.

While Lois doesn't recall anything Clark with his sensitive nose will likely detect the odor of sexual intercourse on her.
eek eek eek eek

That's even worse then I thought help

Carol, you can't just hide out in ML's FDK thread and not post here. wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Michael

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Darth Michael:

Carol, you can't just hide out in ML's FDK thread and not post here. wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Michael
Sure I can!

Carol [who takes note of one thing in particular above and then runs far far away]

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]

There! Are you happy now?

Michael

PS: I hope you feel better soon smile

PPS: And would you please consider posting the next part 24 hours after ML's 31, tops? Please. Pretty please?

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
LOL! Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better and one of the 3 books I ordered got here but not the first one [well, it's not the *first* one technically - it wasn't written that way, but when she started writing the first one of another series, she was like 'oooo wouldn't so and so from that other book be PERFECT here' so you don't HAVE to read it first but...] so I'm not sure if that actually helps any.

That said... I do plan on posting no later than tomorrow, but part of the problem is that I have a 2 part buffer [44, 45] at the moment. Part 46 is out to betas and part 47 isn't done. Not even close. 1/3 done maybe. Some of what comes after that is done but not all of it so... And some of that still needs tweaking...

So... unlike ML who has admit TNPLH is done but just needs editing, this isn't done yet. She's the evil one.

Carol

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
That said... I do plan on posting no later than tomorrow
Carol has it been tomorrow yet?

New part soon please

Little T smile1

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard