Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, Carol, I so didn't see that one coming. And I have absolutely no idea if this is actually a good or a bad thing, and if Clark will sense/think that this is a bad thing.

You just kicked ML from her throne. Get back here RIGHT NOW with part 42. Please? Pretty please? grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh boy!

Have to go with Darth. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I've been reading this story since the beginning as well, even though I haven't posted yet.

I thought their date was sweet.

But I have serious problems with the ending. I think it sounds like Lois is forcing herself to go through with something she isn't ready for. In some ways, it's not much better than Colorado, just different circumstances. Although it is nice that she can trust him more.

But I don't think sleeping with Clark just because he is good - looking and loves her is the answer without knowing how she really feels.
And I'd like to think that's not how Clark wants her, either.

Of course, I admit, I'm a lot more conservative about this stuff than most people are. That probably accounts for my issues.

That being said, I like this story. I think it's sweet to see their relationship progress over the years.

Sara

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Sara - so glad to have you and that you posted!!!

I was exceptionally nervous about posting this part because I wasn't/am still not sure how people would react to it [but posting what comes next would ruin the cliffhanger wink - right Michael? Now I've dethroned ML again clap ].

I do ask - and probably should have in the post itself - that... judgment of Lois' actions - and Clark's reactions - be reserved until you see what happens and why. smile

And thanks Michael and James too. Good or bad... Clark's reaction... hmm... will have to see wink .

Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I don't think Clark will take Lois up on her offer. It is not for real, even though Lois may think so. But she doesn't want to make love to Clark, not really. She doesn't want to do it for her own sake. She wants to do it because she feels guilty, and odd and strange, and she feels that everyone else will be happy when she finally gives in and has sex with her husband like any normal married woman.

In other words: Lois wants to do this because she knows that others think she should. In a way it is like smoking a cigarette or letting someone buy you a lot of drinks, even though you don't necessarily want to do this yourself; but someone else wants you to do it. And you don't want others to think you are weird. So you do what others want you to.

Well, I don't think Clark wants to have sex with Lois on those terms. I think he wants her to have sex with him, to make love to him, because she wants to do it. Because she loves him, and because her heart and her body wants her - needs her - to express her love for him that way.

Aunt Louise told Clark that Lois would wear Aunt Louise's nightie for him some day. And when she did, then she was ready. But not until then.

I didn't see Lois wearing Aunt Louise's nightie in this chapter. I think Clark knows what that means.

Ann

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
but posting what comes next would ruin the cliffhanger wink - right Michael?
Carol, you almost make this sound like if it's a bad thing. confused

Ann, the problem for Clark is, that he and Lois decided on the alternate signal *because* she might feel ready before she gets a chance to get her nighty.

but since when have you gone out of your way to want me to think you look sexy?"

"Since tonight. I talked to Lucy today and she made me realize that we are missing out on a big part of married life. I'm not proud that I have kept that part of myself from you for so long, but I want to make it right." She moved until she stood in front of him, resting her hand on the side of his face as she had the night before. "Kiss me, Clark. Tonight's the night I want you to make love to me."
The bold bits *could* clue him in on how she is feeling. On the other hand, they talked about that she should not rush this but think it through. And with the whole setup, there is no doubt for him that she did think it through. And when he says no they might be even worse off because there is no way Lois won't feel rejected if he does. Carol has set up a lose/lose situation and then just snuck off into the weekend.

Oh, and Carol: Lucy's story: We are going to see lot's of Lucy and Jimmy, right? And how Lucy adjusts to sleeping next non-door to her married sister.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my God, oh my God!
Carol, I am so glad I didn't read this part at work like I did the last (sorry for not posting fdk for those earlier btw but when I am at work I can't log on...).

I enjoyed their first date but somehow wanted more. This whole charade it probably just what Lois needed but it seemed a little surreal to me. Of course having your first date after 4 years of marriage, is surreal, I get that. wink

I am glad Lois went for the kiss on their second date (and I can totally understand why Clark would want to be the one to initiate the kiss!

I was waiting for exactly such a conversation between the sisters after Lucy's honeymoon. It is finally the younger being able to give advice. And while I do agree with her, I am not sure I want Lois offering her body to her husband just to get it over with and jumpstart a new side to their relationship. I mean I do, but only if both won't feel any regrets or be disappointed. And right now, I am afraid that is not the case yet! So... if you let Lois enjoy it, go for it! laugh

But maybe some make out sessions first without going all the way would be fine too. blush

As for Lucy's story, you already know that I am looking forward to it. I have been waiting for her view on things, like watching her when Clark proposed and her feelings then. I can't think of really specific things I would want included except more detail on her and Jimmy's wedding. You said it was medium-sized but I can't really figure out who they would invite.

Always looking forward to more, I love your posting schedule even though i am dreading hte final part. So it is good to know more is already in the works. Fanfic is certainly the best drug there is, IMHO.

Natascha

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Those dates were beautifully. They were obviously influenced by Becky Baines, but had a very different feel since we could see Clark's tentative excitement. I like how she felt comfortable giving Clark the signal to kiss her.

If I were to guess I would imagine that in the next part Clark takes her at her word, but that Lois backs out when she steps outside of her comfort zone. I don't think this has to be a bad thing, even though it might not be the best thing. Obviously time doesn't heal all wounds.

Elisabeth
PS My only hope for the next story is that it's truly Lucy and Jimmy-centric instead of the same story told from a different POV.

Columnist
Columnist
I am with Elisabeth, the dates were charming and tender. I am going to go and read Becky Bain's story tonight, but I loved what you did with this chapter.

I liked the conversation between Lucy and Lois. Lois does need professional help, she is smart woman she should be able to see through the crap her drunk mother told her.

Can't wait for the next part.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol, you are just WRONG for stopping there! I am just gritting my teeth, waiting to see how this is resolved!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I have no idea if this is a good thing or not. Handled right it could be a good thing, but on the whole I think Lois might be making a mistake. I hope Clark isn't led astray by his hormones.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I have to say *whew*. I was expecting something else for a reaction there but it's possible that the reaction to the next one may end up with a reaction or something... wink .

That said, ML had redethroned me as the cliffhanger queen. And since mine will be done before hers she'll get the crown back semi-permanently before long wink .

Yes - Lucy's Story is going to have lots of Lucy and Jimmy in it. It's not going to be simply a rewrite of LtL. Some of the same events will be included, obviously, but not all and lots of stuff that we didn't see in LtL - or even know about - will be shown as well. For instance, we know Lucy and Jimmy went on a first date and that he sort of rescued her from a guy but that's it. We know Lucy met Perry before L/C met Jimmy. We know they had a first kiss, they had a discussion about sex with Clark not long after they started dating but we don't know how they met, etc. We know that the wedding was planned long before Jimmy proposed - date set and everything. We know that Clark walked Lucy down the aisle, but we didn't see her ask him or what he said to her in the ante[?] room before the wedding. That said, there's probably not going to be any great revelations or anything or major plot twists but... it's not just the same things that happened in LtL from a different 'camera'. I have a list of stuff I want to include [including most/all of those above] and a list from my betas but I wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving something out that everyone else was like 'oooo, i want to see...'

Thanks again everyone. Look for 42 sometime later today.
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard