Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53622 07/07/08 01:43 PM
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Well, things are really getting interesting. I'm glad Clark finally stood up for himself and let Lois know how her hovering is making him feel. Also, I really hope that Superman's amazing ability to heal will bring him back to where he was. Seeing him crippled is awful.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Jenni - glad your trip went well.

Am enjoying this. Glad Clark's still healing and getting better. Glad he finally said something to Lois.

If you want to post more often than every Monday, that would be okay too wink .

Carol

Columnist
Columnist
The minute she heard Clark close her office door, Lois turned, ready to do battle, but her harsh words died in her throat at the site of his slumped shoulders, his battered face and his guarded stare. Normally, Clark's eyes sparkled with a love of life, even from behind his glasses. Now, he wasn't wearing them; they were in the hands of the police, but it wasn't only the lack of glasses that made him look more like the lost soul Letour she'd found
in China's mountainous vastness.

Well, there was one thing she could do about that. She opened her top drawer and fished a spare pair from behind her pens and personal stationary. Without a word, she handed them to him and her breath caught as she waited to see if he would accept the olive branch.

“You still keep a spare pair in your desk?” he asked, not looking at her, but fingering the frames as if they were a precious gem.

“I never got out of the habit.” Lois' smile was wistful and she fought to hold back her tears. “Not even after four years. Somehow, it made me think you were still with me.”
I loved this part!

So Clark is possibly heading back to being "super" and now he and Lois are going to have to work out their relationship or risk losing it all.

Outstanding chapter Jenni1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But, if Clark heals up and becomes Superman again, won't the fact that he's missing part of a finger or if it grows back, has a finger again, cause even more issues?!?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
Hi James,

I haven't forgotten Clark's missing finger, and yes, that would pose a problem ... if Superman ever did return. wink

I'm not being coy. Clark's powers are improving, but my characters haven't told me yet what might happen to Superman. Perhaps in another story ...

Yours Jenni

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like James, I don't think that Clark can become Superman again. It would be too much of a coincidence if Clark and Superman would be missing the same digit.

But I, too, am very glad to see that Clark is slowly growing more "super" again. However, I don't think it is necessary that his full powers should return. It would not be bad if he can help out a little, but not as much as he used to - and then, of course, he will have to be more careful than ever not to give himself away. But for all the problems his slowly returning powers may cause, I'm glad to see them at least partly coming back. Clark should be at least partly 'super'! He shouldn't be just like the rest of us.

It's great to see the love between Lois and Clark, even if the current situation is frustrating for both of them:

Clark was being oversensitive, but she'd be the first to admit he had the right. He'd been through so much ... and it didn't really matter which one of them was to blame. What was the point in playing the 'what if' game? They were still colleagues, still married, still in love, but more than anything Lois wanted to feel comfortable with Clark again, and she'd do whatever it took to bring that about ... even if it meant doing nothing.
That was just lovely, Jenni.

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I'd like to thank everyone for their comments and for sticking with my story. I know that once a week is a fairly slow schedule, but I'd run out of buffer if I tried to post more.

I hope you keep reading.
Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard