Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I don't think I've commented on this yet, but I'm enjoying it [I may have left FDK before, but my head hurts wink ].

I'm enjoying it. My guess is that there was Kryptonite and that's why Clark's hurt, though healing. And the dead body is Vatman Jr. or something along those lines. Either Vatman Jr. was dying anyway like Vatman or it came down to Clark or Vatman Jr. a la the Lord Nor fight and Clark won or some combination of the two.

I can't wait to see more!
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm enjoying this story, too.

I think the man in the alley may actually be a lookalike of some sort or something. There's no real evidence of him doing anything "super." Besides if he was a clone or a Lord Nor, wouldn't he be affected by krytonite, too?

I'm getting frustrated that Clark isn't telling Lois what's really going on. Which is surprising, considering I tend to be more lenient on Clark not telling Lois is other secret.

That being said, I understand, as old habits die hard.

Sara

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
This has been an interesting story so far. It's obvious that there is a lot more going on that we don't know. Love a mystery.

I too have a bit of a problem with Clark's motivations for not confiding more in Lois. I'm not against him holding out on her, but I need to see what his reasons are. If he is to continue to hold out on her, we need to see more of his logic beyond some vague fear that she would react badly. He can't use his 'not knowing what they mean to each other' excuse anymore because it is by now clear that they are at least good friends.

Looking forward to more.

Tank (who wonders how many different Clark/Superman personalities we are dealing with here)

Columnist
Columnist
I've given up trying to understand what is happening and I am just going to enjoy the ride.

The dreams are the part that is puzzling me, but to be honest I have a sleeping pill in me so who knows what I missed.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
My extensive knowledge of the show being what it is, I'm not too sure of who this Vatman guy is supposed to be. blush

But I'm beginning to think that this dead "Superman" is some sort of a clone. And not a perfect copy of Clark, either, but some sort of twisted, evil version. That would explain why "Superman" spoke to Lois in such a way that he scared her.

My impression is that this Superman was indeed "super", although I don't remember exactly how long Clark was missing. Oh! Wait! I found something here:

Feeling that she couldn't ask Clark to contact Superman for her, she had waited for the hero to drop by. He had come over when Lois hadn't seen Clark for about one and a half days. It had been one and a half days of very many Superman rescues, just another coincidence that seemed to prove her point.
Clark had been gone for one and a half days, and during that time Superman had performed many rescues. And then this happened:

"If growing old is what you want, Lois, be happy with him,' he had said viciously, laughing at her. Shouting a curse that she wasn't going to repeat, Superman had flown away and Lois had remained in her apartment, trembling with surprise, shock and anger.
Superman had shouted a curse and flown away. Flown. Yes, he was super indeed. Also he seemed to have at least some of Superman's memories:

"What can he offer you, Lois? Wouldn't you love to fly with me? Clark can barely pay for an airline ticket!' Superman had hissed at her. "You kissed me.
He knows that Lois kissed Superman. Of course, it would be common knowledge that Lois kissed Superman before he took off to deal with Nightfall.

Hmmmmm. Somehow it seems to me that this Superman has Lex's personality. Or he had his personality, because now he is dead. I think.

Anyway, if this "Superman" really has Lex's general knowledge and personality, that would explain why he doesn't know that Superman is Clark Kent, and it would also explain why his Superman incarnation reacted so badly at being rejected. But, because Lex pretends to be a philantropist, that would also explain why he would do a lot of Superman rescues.

Is this Superman Lex Luthor? So that if Superman is dead, then Lex Luthor is also dead? I doubt it.

As for why Clark was lying to Lois, I, too, found it incredibly irritating. But that is Clark for you. He is head over heels in love with Lois, he is as tender and sweet as can be, and he keeps lying to her. He doesn't remember anything of his previous relationship with Lois, but he repeats his previous behaviour. Why is he lying to her? Well, that's because - well, because it's too frightening to consider what might happen if he was to be honest with her. Isn't it? Maybe his old habit of lying to her is so ingrained that some parts of his more primal brain centers make it impossible for him to tell her the truth.

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Ann - Vatman was an S1 clone created by Luthor and raised by him with 'might is right' as one of his catch phrases. He was imperfect however and died within a few days [week?] of his official debut.

Carol

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Wow, so much feedback. And Tank is reading my story!!! I'm fainting. wink
As for the amnesia, he'll come around to telling her either in the next part, or in the one after that. I'm not quite sure. I agree with you that this is getting annoying, but please remember, they've only just waken up. So in the time frame of the story, Clark didn't have that much time to tell her yet.

As to Superman, if I actually used the clone ( I don't say I did wink ) the Vatman episode wouldn't have happened in this universe. Same with Nightfall, because I think Lois would have already guessed what's wrong with Clark. She's a smart girl after all.

cp33, I'm glad you've decided to enjoy the ride with me. That's the purpose of this story. I've got this strange habit of keeping some of my secrets until the very last part. It's the way towards the solution I'm writing about.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great part. Barbara. Looking forward to the next one. And my money stays on the clone smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard