Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#535 04/30/03 09:02 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thank you all for the nice comments to part 1 - I have really tears in my eyes... blush
I'm very, very exited, what you say about my revelation.
I want to post part 3 tomorrow and part 4 at friday. But first I hope that Wendy will answer my last little question wave it's really difficult to express the same thing in two different languages...
Read you later wink

Christiane
------------------------------------------
My LnC-Page with exactly 12.124 screengrabs!
#536 04/30/03 09:42 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lovely Story, Christiane. I just caught up with it and love the pictures. Is there some reason that some are in black and white? Just Curious.

Its a good TOGOM re-write. Clark is thinking the the right way to reveal himself, but now he doesn't even have to say the words, huh wink

Looking forward to his waking up! smile1 and luckily I won't have to wait too long, thumbsup

#537 04/30/03 10:05 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is still good smile Martha is right; Clark shouldn't try to find a perfect moment. So I'm glad she told him that and he agreed. So sweet of him to lie down next to her ... and fall asleep! Seems to me that's a demonstration of trust right there.

Great revelation <g> The pictures worked really well here, and so did Lois's thought processes. I'm glad she's not going to have a temper tantrum -- I was a little worried she'd fly off the handle, but she realized what his being there meant, so that was great.

Now they just need to both be awake at the same time... <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#538 04/30/03 01:23 PM
Columnist
Columnist
dance I thought the pictures that were in black and white did a great job of showing the memories and flashbacks - did I understand right that that was what you were intending them to be?

Keep it up, and don't take too long posting the rest of this! smile

Melisma (going back into hiding here under her Rock)

peep

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#539 04/30/03 01:36 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, DUHHH, Trenna feels dumb wink
You are probably right Melisma about the black and white pictures. Now why didn't I think of that.

Makes it a good idea though!

#540 04/30/03 02:20 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Another good instalment.

I thought the pictures of Lois sleeping were great, especially since they were of the beautiful, short-haired, Lois. (I wonder how she found time to get her haircut between the shooting and falling asleep in Superman's arms. wink )

As soon as Clark laid down next to Lois we all knew that he'd fall asleep and that Lois would awake first. Nice revelation. Even with a sleep fogged brain, Lois is able to put it together.

Now we just need for her to be the one to make Clark realize how serious the situation is. Clark just assumes that he and Lois will figure some way for him to be 'resurrected'. It will be up to Lois to give him that cold slap of reality. The world thinks that Clark Kent is dead.

Tank the Resting (who wonders when Martha is going to stop meddling in her son's love life wink )

#541 04/30/03 03:09 PM
Columnist
Columnist
peep

Trenna, don't feel stupid - I wasn't sure if I was right about why some of them were in b/w. (and actually, Christiane hasn't confirmed or denied either one of us... I could still be wrong, it's been known to happen laugh ) I just remember the color shift in The Wizard of Oz, which we had to watch as part of Lit and Comp in college (freshman year, so it was a LONG time ago in the dark ages), and the prof commented about color shifts as a way of telling real things from dreams/memories, etc. You never had that class from that prof, so it's possible you never thought about it that way before. No need to feel stupid about it smile

{{{{Trenna}}}}

Melisma (under her Rock, not wanting to make ANYONE feel stupid!)

peep

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#542 04/30/03 03:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh this is so Waffy! Clark wake up. He does have beautiful lips. Don't you just want to kiss them? Smoochies soon I hope. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#543 04/30/03 05:43 PM
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
Christiane - lovely revelation! And all without Clark saying a word so far. And Lois isn't going ballistic, but is staying focused on the fact that she loves him and that he's not dead after all. I like that, even though that's not what I had predicted. But that's ok, I don't mind being wrong...

Wonderful pictures, and I'm really looking forward to Clark waking up!

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#544 04/30/03 06:47 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow. That revelation was really, really powerful.

Like Labby and Pam, I personally don't enjoy pictures in a fic post, although my reasons might be different. smile To me, pictures don't belong in a text story; I prefer the pictures painted by the words, rather than an arbitrary image forced upon me by a photo. But that's just me. smile This time, though, the imagery was superb. Superman's lips - Clark's lips. Superman's kiss - Clark's kiss. Wow. It was like watching a ping-pong match of the synapses in Lois' brain. goofy

One of the best revelations I've ever read, and if we have still have a best revelation scene Kerth award next year, this would go on my noms list. Beautifully done!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#545 04/30/03 08:39 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I just had the chance to catch up - wonderful story. thumbsup

I loved how you analyzed Lois's thoughts as she put two and two together - as others have said, the use of pictures was brilliant.

Looking forward to Part 3!

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”
#546 04/30/03 09:40 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
WAKE UP CLARK!!!!! laugh

Great section Christine, and a really fantastic revelation scene, I loved the pictures of Clark/ Superman as Lois realised that they were the same person. thumbsup
Now post the next part soon, I can’t wait to see what happens when Clark wakes up! smile

Sarah-Jayne smile

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
#547 04/30/03 11:30 PM
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Christiane

WOW! A wonderful part! smile1

I can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

#548 05/01/03 11:19 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Christiane,
wonderful part
good revelation
I see the next part
merry

#549 05/02/03 02:49 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Really nice segment, Christiane. smile

Like, Hazel, I'll admit that little block of photos was very effective. But then there are exceptions to every rule. <g>

More please! Oh, wait...you've already posted!

LabRat smile (who hates being behind grumble )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard