Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So... finally! The end of the first season. Guess you guys know what's coming next. laugh

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL. I always knew Lex was deluded, but wow. Can't wait to see what's coming up.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
If it took us twenty chapters to get to the end of S1, then we're in for a pretty long ride here, FOLCs. This is going to be an eighty-chapter marathon, isn't it? And that's just to recap the changed timeline of the series. Then we have the time from the end of S4 to Vicky's birth to their being stranded in an altered reality, which will add a whole bunch more chapters to this saga.

That's a lot of Chinese takeout.

But it's interesting to read about a Superman-free future where Clark still does super-things, just not as many of them and none of them in public. And it's obvious that I'm still reading, ML, so don't think that my first paragraph was a complaint. I like long stories which capture my attention, and this is a very good one.

Loved Lois's assumption that Clark whipped around the corner to - er, hide behind the dumpster for a moment. And you've set up some intense emotional pain for both of them, since they can't have a personal relationship and since Perry hates Clark. It will be painful for Lois, but even more so for Clark, because he won't have his emotional support team in place at the Planet. I can't see him baring his soul to Linda, even in this reality. I doubt she could be trusted with the truth about his feelings, much less the truth about his abilities. So he's going to feel as adrift as Lois is.

Don't know if you're into the current incarnation of Battlestar Galactica, but this Lex reminded me of Gaius Baltar when he started babbling about being the Messiah because God had saved him from dying. And now that I think about it, that makes this Lex even more scary.

And we still haven't answered a vital question: Are the Lois and Clark of this reality in this reality, or have our Lois and Clark displaced them? If it's the former, what will happen when they meet? If it's the latter, did the "altered" Lois and Clark get pushed into the "real" reality? If so, how might they handle that?

We're married?
To each other?
We have a daughter?
Clark works for the Planet?
And he's close friends with Perry?
Lex Luthor took a swan dive off his balcony at his and Lois's wedding?!?
No wonder they left this reality! It's nuts! And so are they!

Anyway, you've kept the tension up so far, and I'm looking for more good stuff soon. Keep up the excellent work!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap And no cliffhanger. You're just buttering us up for the killing blow, aren't you, ML?

“God pushed me down onto that balcony. He saved me. You saw it. How can you not believe? I have God on my side. I am the new messiah.”
rotflol

At least we don't have to wait 4 months for this to continue laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Glad we don't have to wait long for season 2!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I hate to see where the threat of losing one's job would take Lois' relationship with Clark. Clearly the distrust between them is one-sided.

BTW, the end to this part was hilarious.

Elisabeth

Columnist
Columnist
I'm really loving this so far! thumbsup

It's so interesting to see Lois and Clark's relationship progressing in this altered timeline.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
This is going to be an eighty-chapter marathon, isn't it?
Don't worry. It won't be 80 chapters. laugh It moves a bit faster from this point on. Besides, think of how many stories really wouldn't occur if Lois and Clark weren't together in seasons three and four.

Don't know if you're into the current incarnation of Battlestar Galactica, but this Lex reminded me of Gaius Baltar when he started babbling about being the Messiah because God had saved him from dying.
Actually, I've never seen Battlestar Galactica. Have heard that it's good, though. (Didn't know there were more than one incarnation, though.)

And no cliffhanger.
Well, there wasn't a cliff hanger at the end of season one so... what could I do? wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard