#53329 06/25/08 06:09 PM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
wildguy .
Well done!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow! I think something happen to Clark or he so out of it he don't know what he's doing eek shock when is next part?

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
shock He said and did WHAT??!! jawdrop

You evil, evil woman - leaving us hanging like that!

I am now SERIOUSLY anxious for the next update!

Melanie

~Mel~
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
wildguy wildguy
Evil Cliffhanger Person strikes again!
wildguy wildguy

Nicely done part.

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
shock Okay, It's not green-K, or red-K, for that matter. So what is it. Plain, pure exhaustion killing his little gray thingies, up there?

And
Reply by Carol in FDK for pt 34
That said... Michael - you never know how long Clark's going to have to wait wink .
You're either the most evil - ok, not the *most* evil, because your cliffhangers involve Lois and Clark, not Lois and Luthor or the likes *evil glare to ML* - second most evil cliffhanger person around, and a relentless tease, or part 36 will have some very, um, interesting resolutions for some of their problems. But since I doubt you'd just give up on the white nighty as a symbol, they are not going to resolve issues. But probably seeing Clark like that might still trigger something for Lois? When did you say you'll post pt 36? One hour? Two?

Oh, yeah, and before I forget: marvelous part. And I can't help but wonder if Lois might not have just *not* liked having Clark in the sauna and the at the massage with her given her baggage.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
There's some... slurring in this section and extra special thanks go out to Beth for drinking pretend alcohol and pretending to be drunk to help me get it right wink
You know, Carol, when I read this I was ever so slightly worried. Since I am a frequent visitor of the nfic forum, I know that it is not uncommon there to get Lois drunk. Well, it could be that my grandfather and a few other relatives used to tell me when I was a kid that you have only two choices in life: you can choose to be a Pentecostalist or you can choose to be an alcoholic - but I have always been pretty scared of the effects of alcohol. And Lois's mother was an alcoholic, so who knows what some binge drinking could do to Lois? shock

I truly expected you to make Lois drunk in this chapter. Well, I thought, poor girl. Clark is going to be away, doing heroic rescue work. And she is going to be alone. She is going to have to share Clark with the world for the first time, and she is going to see, for the first time, that there is going to be a huge big chunk of Clark's life that she isn't going to share with him. And she is going to have nightmares, and she will feel miserable, and she will get herself drunk because she is so miserable. Oh no!!!

And instead it was Clark who was doing the slurring! And he was such a wreck when he came back to Lois. He was lying face down across the bed - that thing in itself got to me so much. And he was so out of it that he seemed to have blacked out. He couldn't move, couldn't get his clothes off. And when he spoke, he was totally slurring.

And now that Clark's defenses are totally down, there is only one thing he think of when it comes to Lois:

"Have I ever told you how much I want to make love to you?"

Why, out of all the things he'd said, was that the only thing he hadn't slurred?

Before she could respond, his lips were on hers.
shock shock shock

Well, I think Lois loves Clark enough to understand him, to forgive him, to realize what the long agonizing waiting has done to him, etcetera, etcetera. So I don't think that what Clark is about to do to Lois will ruin their relationship, certainly not completely and in the long run. But as for what the short term effects will be.... <shudder>

Come back soon with more!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Great chapter! I love the progress Lois made sleeping alone and after her nightmare.

You did leave us with a cliffhanger, I can't wait to see how you resolve it.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I need to add something. Now is when Clark need Lois to love him - now is when he needs to make love to her. Will she be able to grant him his wish? Out of love?

Will it be horrible for her if she does? I don't think so. I hope not. Not if she can trust Clark. Not if she feels that he isn't forcing her.

But what if he is more or less forcing her?

Oh no!!! Please don't let him do that, Carol!!! grovel

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
There's a very different feeling to this segment. It is less introspective and more others-driven.

"Search that memory of yours. How many people did you save?"

"Twelve," he finally said.

"Men? Women? Children?"

"Three men, five women, one pregnant woman and three children."
Ahem, Clark saved 13. 3+5+2+3=13

Your Clark is doing the same thing that Veritas Clark is doing: he's working so long and hard for so many days that he can't think straight. At some point the body shuts down.

My youngest was almost two before she slept for five hours in a row at night. I know what exhaustion can do to a person. Mistakes happen that wouldn't normally happen. Details are missed (like the car in the rear view mirror who double-parked at McDonalds) or forgotten (like where we're going for Christmas).

Alcoholics say that a person is most vulnerable when they are hungry, angry, lonely or tired. Clark probably meets three out of four of those criteria. I have found that when I am physically exhausted I often become angry with no idea of why I'm angry, so perhaps Clark meets all four.

It's also possible that Clark has reached such a fuzzy place that he doesn't know that he is awake. As far as he is concerned the Lois he knows would never take his pants off. Besides, he just told Perry that it wouldn't be so bad if things did get carried away sometime.

Nevertheless, I don't want Clark's impulisivity to mask some of the poignant moments that came before. Lois faced some of her demons and won. She was able to give of herself for the greater good. She was also able to tell what was bothering Clark--personally I just thought he was distracted by those that had died, not pining for the living that he still could save. Lois knows him well enough to know precisely what was on his mind.

A very well-balanced part.

Elisabeth

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thanks guys! Look for 36 here in a bit.

Sheila - I know a certain superhero who might be able to rescue - I have no intentions of killing you wink .

lovesuper97 - next part - coming up!

Mel - evil? Moi? /runs

Framework - nope. Not me. You mean ML.

Michael - Yep. ML is worse. Much worse. I can't think of any cliffhangers in LtL that involved Lois and Luthor wink .

Ann - no, no drunk Lois. Just sleepy, slurring Clark wink . You're right about Clark needing Lois now, but she does trust him - or is learning to.

cp33 - you won't have to wait much longer.

Elisabeth - you are, of course, correct. However, Clark didn't count the unborn baby because baby is... well, unborn. One or both of them should or did or will or something mention the baby as being rescued, but he counted mom and baby as one. Ugh. DS was up every 90m for about 2 months earlier this year - I literally got to the point where I couldn't function [which is bad when my 3yo is awake wink ]. Fortunately, I was working from home. As for what happens... wait and see wink .

Off to work on 36!

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard