OP Offline
Features Writer
Let me know what you think!

#53314 06/25/08 01:22 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I think we're several steps closer to the end.

Just what that end will be, though, I really don't have a clue. It could go in several different directions, and only one of them would be the happy ending I'm certain most of the readers are rooting for, including me. So many things would have to fall into place in order to get Clark and Lois together so that they're both happy with the resolution.

Keep 'em coming, Shayne. It's too good to wait for.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#53315 06/25/08 01:44 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done. Again we see a very Human Clark under the suit.

It was a small thing they were asking, and that alone made him suspicious.
Us too...

Framework4
#53316 06/25/08 05:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
They were together at least, and Lois felt a sudden surge of optimism. Everything was going to be all right.
Everything is right when they're together. Now they just need to find a way to overcome government, media, extremist groups, international conflicts, time storms and different universes. A job for Superman. eek

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#53317 06/25/08 06:46 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Someone needs to teach Clark that he can't be everywhere and save every life. I think Lois will be the person to do it.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#53318 06/25/08 07:56 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Fascinating part!
“There have been death threats,” Agent White said reluctantly.
Lois and Clark are both getting into a situation where everyday life is going to be extremely difficult for them in Lois's world. On the other hand, if Clark sticks around the ruckus will die down eventually as people get used to him. He and Lois might not have a lot of privacy unless they created new identities.

If they wind up going back to Clark's world, it might be too late for the glasses disguise, given the number of people who know Clark without glasses. Maybe he could make it work if he started wearing glasses as Clark, and slicked-back hair as Superman. OTOH, while I thought Dean Cain really did look like two different people as Clark and Superman, his voice always struck me as a dead giveaway.

And it's always possible that Lana, or some co-worker at the Planet who knows him well, would blow his secret anyway.

Operating openly in Clark's world (as alt-Clark did in the TV series) could open them up to the same kind of craziness they're seeing now in Lois's world. At least the Internet isn't quite there yet in Clark's world, so that would dampen things down a bit.
He listened for a long moment then said reluctantly, “I can do that.”
This can't be good. frown
When the cell phone had been handed to him, he’d finally seen what the others were looking at. All it had been was a simple text message. “Dear baby. If you are still alive always remember that I love you.”
This was so realistic and very moving. Bravo.
Looking down at his hand held in hers, he looked up at her and said “I am now.”
This has been very trying for both of them, and they are finding comfort in each other. How can they live without each other after this? wink

#53319 06/25/08 08:24 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
The text message thing is a real incident, i'm afraid...

#53320 06/25/08 10:09 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Everything is right when they're together. Now they just need to find a way to overcome government, media, extremist groups, international conflicts, time storms and different universes. A job for Superman.
Ultra Woman's FDK pretty much summed it up, I think! clap

There were quite some worrisome developments in this chapter, however. The man who did some stupid things in his youth and now promised his former 'friends' that he would do 'a little thing' for them... that sent a chill down my spine.

And the internet loonies! Really, with the internet connecting all sorts of lunatics all over the world and leaving them relatively free to plan heaven-knows-what...it makes you wonder if we haven't just seen the beginnings of terrorism.

And that mother who left a text message for her orphaned baby son...that was one of the most heartbreaking things I have heard of, and you say that this story is true, Shayne.

Ah, but Clark returned to Lois. Somehow, in some way, that made almost everything all right. I was reminded of a comic book story from way back when, probably from 1991. Clark had been caught in a time storm(!) and he had just managed to make his way home again. He was exhausted, and it was only just before he left that he had actually told Lois that Clark and Superman were the same man, and he was unsure of his welcome. But Lois greeted him so warmly and lovingly, and he fell asleep in the chair where he had sat down.

I was thinking, again, of the contrast between the innocence of the LnC version of the world and the real world that we live in. While I think that there can be no doubt that the 1990s were so much more optimistic than our own time, it would of course still have been impossible for Lois and Clark to be left in peace in the real world the way they were in the TV show. But the TV show was in fact closely modeled not only after the comic books, but after the more innocent and optimistic aspects of the comic books, too. There is an echo in the show of the optimism of two young Jewish boys who created their mighty hero for a world where the biggest war ever was just waiting to happen.

Ann

#53321 06/26/08 11:39 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Aside from the, ahem, reminder about the blue arrow... (I almost missed this, Shayne. What would have happened then?)

At some point Clark needs to give himself permission to be Clark again and not simply Superman. He needs to eat, sleep, rest and smile, or he won't be able to do other things. I am glad that he finds safety just in being with Lois, but he needs to truly rest for 8+ hours, regardless of what people think of him.

One thing you didn't tell us was whether or not the baby survived in the real-life version of the texting mom.

Elisabeth

#53322 06/26/08 09:46 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another chapter! Great! smile1

It seems the fanatics have crawled out from the rocks under which they dwell und try something. I hope Clark is able to protect Lois!

By the way, which comic book character did Agent White quote? I´m really not sure!

And the end of the chapter is simply beautiful! I was waiting for some `Lois and Clark´ for some time now! When will Lois find out she´s in love with him?

And when the agents find them sleeping, will it be an opportunity to talk to each other? Clark needs to make contact with the government!

Impatiently waiting for the next chapter....

#53323 06/27/08 11:55 AM
S
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
Cornelia said:
By the way, which comic book character did Agent White quote? I´m really not sure!
I believe it was The Incredible Hulk.

I can still hear Bill Bixby having his character (Bruce Banner, AKA The Hulk) say, "Please don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." (Line from the first Hulk movie; can't wait to see the latest version.)

--Snave

#53324 07/02/08 09:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another touching and great addition.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#53325 07/03/08 12:54 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Nine days wait? I'm assuming there won't be ten?

#53326 07/05/08 02:03 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
the only thing wrong with this segment is having to wait until the next one

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard