Dejame que entre en tu corazon by Estefi

-----

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The next day, Lois overslept and ended up being late for work. As soon as she arrived she went straight to the cafeteria where she found Clark.

“Hurry up, I need that coffee.”

“You’re not getting any coffee from this machine, it’s broken” Clark answered.

“What? Can’t be,” she said in disbelief.

“I’m going down stairs to buy a cup,” Clark replied, heading to the elevator.

“Can you get me one too?” she said with desperation in her face.

He smiled, nodded and left, all the while thinking about the change in her attitude towards him. Two minutes later, he was at her desk handing her coffee.

“That was fast!” she exclaimed.

“They must have felt sorry for me,” Clark kidded.

“This coffee is my salvation” said Lois inhaling deeply. Afterwards, she looked up to see Clark walking to his desk.

“Kent!” she called after him. Clark turned around to look at her and she added, “Thank you.” He smiled and sat to start his work.

It was a quite morning; Lois didn’t dare talk to Clark about the kryptonite, not in the newsroom. Clark was looking for clues about the possible kryptonite thief when he heard an alarm. He sat up and in an imperceptible flash he headed to the place he heard the alarm.

Apparently there was a bomb.

Perry walked into the newsroom. “Lois, get yourself to city hall now-- seems like there’s a bomb,” said the Chief.

“I’ll go right away Perry,” Lois answered, in that instant she looked at Clark’s desk and noticed he was missing.

“Where’s Clark?” asked Lois.

“Don’t know--I know where the bomb is though!” Perry yelled.

Lois ran off from the Daily Planet and to the city hall. The building was surrounded by cops. She heard the people say Superman was inside searching for the bomb. Just then Superman flew through the window with the bomb and it exploded in the sky. He returned to make sure there was nothing else and came back out some time later, trying to calm down the people around him.

Lois approached him. “Superman is everything all right?” she asked.

“It is now, hey…,” he drew near. “Have you talked to Clark about what I told you?”

“Oh, well, I haven’t done that yet because I didn’t think it was prudent to have that conversation on the newsroom. I will though,” she replied, smiling at him.

“Okay, good-bye, Lois” he said and took off into the sky.

On her way back to the Daily Planet, she bumped into Clark.

“Clark, there was a bomb in the city hall,” she told him.

“I know. I saw Superman and he told me. The bomb was in the Department of Science,” nodded Clark.

“When did you talk to him? Department of Science?” Lois asked, astonished.

“I talked to him after he left the city hall. In the Department Science there are all sorts of data about the studies of the labs. Whoever put that bomb wanted something from there because the place was a mess. Superman explored it with his x ray vision in search of fingerprints and there was none,” Clark spoke rapidly.

“Why did they put a bomb though? What were they looking for? Lois asked worriedly.

“I think they set the bomb so the police wouldn’t figure out what they’ve taken away, although they’ve been careful to destroy some reports. I don’t know what they were looking for but I hope it was not what I’m afraid it was,” he answered thoughtfully.

“What you’re afraid it was?” repeated Lois not quite understanding.

“The drawers are divided so each one belongs to one of Metropolis’ laboratories. Superman told me what they were looking for was in the Star Labs drawer, because the other were left untouched except for one drawer with all the papers on the floor. I’m sure they were left like that to derail the investigation because the Star Labs’ drawer was also on the floor,” Clark explained.

“I understand,” Lois said. “Superman told me last night about that green rock and everything that happened. You think what they were looking for was the information about that rock?”

Clark looked around to see if there was anyone who could hear them.

“Whoever stole the kryptonite knew it was related to Superman but with this report the perpetrator will know everything that is harmful to him,” Clark spoke quietly and close to her so she was the only one to hear him.

“So there is a connection between the bomb in City Hall and the kryptonite that’s been stolen. The robber must be the same person,” Lois spoke as quietly as Clark without altering the distance between them. Their eyes met each other’s intently.

“Exactly,” nodded Clark.

“Well, let’s find out who this robber is and what he’s up to so Superman will be safe,” Lois said, determined.

“It’s incredible how easy it was to divert those fools,” said a man who sat in a chair smoking as he looked through the window.

“You are very smart sir, but why did you need that report for?” asked an older man.

“That report reveals every information about the green kryptonite I have” said the man victoriously.

“Does it reveal the superhero’s weakness?” the older man asked again.

“No. The report reveals that the green kryptonite I have is like poison to Superman. The once invulnerable Man of Steel is vulnerable just like any normal person when exposed to this rock. With this rock in my possession, Superman will die,” he said, laughing coldly with a deep voice. He grinned evilly as he smoked.

TBC....

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.