Dejame que entre en tu corazon by Estefi

TOC

(On Estefi's behalf and mine, I must say any FDK is very welcome laugh )

------------------------

CHAPTER TWELVE

Lois arrived home earlier, grabbed again the Daily Planet to read Clark’s article. She still remembered the few words she had with Clark’s parents. When she told him he was alone, she hadn’t known it was true; Clark was alone in the world, except for his parents. She had always complained about her parents, that her father left her because of work--however Clark biological parents had left him with only three months and he didn’t even hate them. On the contrary, he missed them and at the same time he wanted to make happy the people who take him in their home.

His parents felt he was a gift, someone unique and perfect in the world, incapable of hurting anyone and a constant fighter. Lois wondered if he still was like that or if he had changed.

Why was she thinking so much of Clark? Because she had treated him badly; she had put on a shield against him, thinking he was as any other man.

<Maybe he is, people change> Lois told herself.

<But with Superman I knew I didn’t need a shield against him, because Superman is … kind, sweet, understanding, well… Superman is perfect> she thought, convinced.

The telephone rang in that instant. “Hello?” Lois asked.

“Am I speaking with the woman I’m completely in love with?” Luthor replied on the other line.

“Well, only you would know that.”

“Then it is clear that I am. I’m calling to know if you would like to have dinner with me.”

“Oh well Lex, thanks, I’m not sure though” she replied nervously.

“Come on Lois, you need to go out and not just work, plus you’re the only one that makes me happy,” he said, trying to convince her.

“All right, pick me up in an hour” she said resignedly.

“See you later beautiful,” Luthor replied before hanging up.

She was about to change clothes when Superman appeared.

“Am I interrupting?” he asked.

“Superman, of course not” she said excited.

“I came by to see if you were all right. Clark told me about what happened last Saturday.”

“I’m fine, thanks for being worried,” she said, smiling as she stroked his face. He closed his eyes and took her hand.

“Lois, I need you to help me with one thing, I have told Clark too and between the two of you, I’m sure you’ll help me.”

“Ask me anything, I would do anything for you” she said inching closer to him.

“There’s a rock from my planet--it is lethal to me. The fragments are called green Kryptonite, they are guarded in Star Labs but someone has stolen them. I need you to find it and give it to Doctor Klein, so he’ll hide it in a safer place.”

“But you are invulnerable,” Lois said in surprise.

“As I told you, it comes from my planet and I can assure you it is lethal for me. I’ve been exposed to the kryptonite so I know it can kill me. Clark is already investigating the case--it has to be someone with a lot of power,” Superman told her.

“You trust Clark a lot, don’t you?”

“Yes, I would trust him with my life,” he paused for a moment. Superman smiled and continued, “Call Clark and ask him to update you on his research.”

“I, I don’t have his phone number and I have a date with Lex tonight,” Lois replied nervously.

“Luthor?” he said, sounding a bit upset.

“You think he’s a criminal too?” Lois asked in surprise.

“I better save my comments, good night Lois,” said Superman, heading towards her windows.

“Good night Superman,” she answered approaching him and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

That night she had dinner with Lex, but her thoughts were on Superman and that green kryptonite.

TBC...

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.