Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
StarKat Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay! The baby's ok!

Ok, I have to admit, you had me a bit worried for a few posts there. I'm glad it was for nothing.

I've been reading all along, now, and this is a great story. It's just too bad it's only going to be 10 parts. Maybe a sequal? angel-devil

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Columnist
Columnist
I have to tell you I read the whole update with my heart in my throat until the final line and then the biggest smile popped on my face.

Wonderful!

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks for the comments, Tara and cp33.

At least for now, I don't have a sequel planned. Much of the early parts of this story were autobiographical and were written as therapy of sorts to help me work through my feelings. Part 9 (and what ever I write for part 10) is purely fictious. While I am definitely feeling better, I'm not sure happy baby stories would be easy for me to write right now (both due to lack of experience and general mental wellness), so for now at least, I'm going to put this to bed. But I'm thrilled that you liked this enough to even want a sequel. Thanks!

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Anon - I had no idea this was autobiographical frown . *hugs* We've been so blessed that all of our 'scares' [but one that I never had a positive test for but I know I lost and the certainty that we lost a fraternal twin at one point but no proof of it and a continued healthy pregnancy after that] had good outcomes.

I know how writing can be a soothing balm.

*more hugs*
Carol

Columnist
Columnist
Well, I had a pretty good idea that things were going to be fine, but it was good to see that for sure.

I've really loved this story. Meeting Ben was very sweet. And of course having Lois and Clark together and supporting each other throughout was wonderful to read. You write their relationship in such a touching way and it's a pleasure to read.

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Carol and Beth, Thanks for the comments!

Carol, I can only imagine that losing a baby but having no proof must be awful. I hope people believed it happened so you had the support you needed.

The last chapter should be all happy things, although I haven't started it yet as I have several ideas for what it might be and I haven't been able to land on one for sure yet. But no need to worry about more problems cropping up.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm so incredibly behind on my feedback, and I have no time for anything right now - but, Nancy, since your story is almost over, I had to comment on that and put off Carol's and Shayne's stories for a later date.

Yay!!! The baby is okay! I'm so glad. I loved how you wrote this entire chapter, with everyone being so kind and supportive. And I loved the fact that Lois was crying because she was happy. Talk about pregnancy hormones. But it was lovely.

I loved this, too:

“Clark, I haven't done anything,” I said, surprised to hear him say I had kept his spirits up.

“Yes, you have,” he insisted gently. “Both actively when I was upset, but at other times, too. I can't explain it, but I don't think you even realize how often you do small things that make me feel better.”

“Like what?” I asked.

“Like taking my hand. Like lying here like this. It makes me feel better to be close to you.”

I smiled slightly, “I don't do that for you. I do that for me.”

“I know,” Clark leaned down to kiss me lightly. “And that's why it makes me feel better. Because I know that whatever happens, we'll handle it together.”
That's just wonderful.

Jimmy was so sweet and caring and, yes, mature in this chapter. Ben was nice, too. And Lucy and Ben are getting married in Metropolis a few months after Lois and Clark's baby is born, so that Lois can be Lucy's maid of honor. (I agree - "maid" of honor sounds much better than "matron" of honor"!)

That's a very sweet chapter! I agree with Tara - now that there is only one part left to go, maybe you should think of a sequel.

EDIT: I was in such a hurry to write this that I didn't read what you said about not feeling really up to writing a sequel, at least not right now. I agree with Jenni, it's too bad that we can't write happy endings for ourselves. I, too, hope you'll feel better soon.

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I'm also very happy that the baby is safe. I've been praying for a happy ending to this story, and if you ever feel better, I too would love to read a sequel.

I'm just sorry that real life is not so kind as fiction and that we can't write happy endings for ourselves, Anon.

I hope you feel better in time.

Yours Jenni

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Ann and Jenni!

I loved how you wrote this entire chapter, with everyone being so kind and supportive.
I have to say I wrote it this way as I think it's nice, but it's also what I experienced. Online there's all this talk about people being insensitive and not realizing how hard this can be, but we experienced almost none of that. To be fair, they also point out online that some of the "insensitive" things people say are really not trying to be insensitive - things like, "Well, you can always have another." or "It's for the best." and we did get some of that, but for the most part I don't get too upset at that - I know it's hard to know what the right thing to say is.

Only one person made what I really considered to be an "insensitive" remark. Someone replied to the news that the baby was not going to make it with "Well, that's why most people don't announce their pregnancy so soon." This was mostly annoying as it was an immediate family member - we hadn't really told anyone aside from very close family and two close friends (and I told my boss as there were all sorts of impacts on work).

But still, everyone else (my boss included) was really great and we definitely didn't walk away with the feeling that next time we'll keep it to ourselves until we're sure everything is okay - we felt like nearly everyone was glad we had told them so that they could be there for us. So, I wanted Lois and Clark to have the same feeling.

Again, the sequel thing is very unlikely. Not just because I'm not sure I'm in the right mental place for it, but because I don't have the knowledge base. The main reason I decided to end the story soon is that I don't have any experience being pregnant past the first trimester, and am not really interested in doing the appropriate research for that now. I did some for the last chapter, since while I was pregnant longer than Lois currently is, my baby never got to be the size hers is, but just can't muster the interest in doing more.

The last chapter will be an epilogue of sorts. If there's still interest after that, maybe I'll come back to it later, but I'd also be more than happy if someone else wanted to take this and write an epilogue themselves.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard