Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52932 06/09/08 03:44 AM
cp33 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Vicky Kent is her mother's daughter. Poor Lois she is soon going to be the only person in her house without super powers.

I look forward to seeing more of this story.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't think I've ever experienced anything damaging enough to make me quite understand 'the Avenger'. Depression, sadness, guilt, anger - yes, but why take it out on others, especially not those immediately involved, like bombing the school for slights felt decades ago. I'm glad he made the announcement - it'll help Clark and Jimmy track him down.

As for Vicky - wonderful chapter. Life comes full circle and bites us in the behind when our children portray our least lovely attributes (happens to me all. the. time). I really love how Lois handled Vicky's shock and sadness and fear.

BJ

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved the interplay between Lois and Vicky. It was full of little nuances that brought out so many aspects of their mother/daughter relationship. Love, doubt, the need to comfort and be comforted, the need to trust... and the need to question and challenge. And then there was more love, and pride in each other. It was great. The revelation was so ironic, because even though Lois was so hurt by the way Clark had kept his secret from her, she had been no better at sharing this secret with Vicky.

I loved the last line here:

“Awesome! I'm really Superman's kid! How long before I get powers?”
I can just see Vicky flying around as a pre-pubescent little Supergirl! laugh Wonder what her suit would look like?

The part about Thomas, however, really reminded me that, indeed, I don't like villains!!!!

Looking forward to seeing much more of the Kent family and, hopefully, not too much more of Thomas, although the latter may be a futile hope!

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
Jenni! I am loving this. This is by far my fave chapter so far ... not that I didn't love Lois and Clark kissing over the stuffing in Chapter 4. I always thought Lois would be a great mom, and this story is proof of that. I think it's especially evident with her parenting of Vicky because she's been raising her alone.

Vicky is such a little Lois, all fire and determination, but she's also like Clark, compassionate and caring. I loved that Lois had to be the one to tell her about Clark being Superman. For some reason, I think that given Clark's general state of being right now, having his daughter calling him a liar or accusing him of hiding his secret would have crushed him. On the other hand, it's hilarious to see Lois on the other end of the stick -- she clearly realizes that Clark had a hard time telling her way back when. Talk about glorious irony.

And as for the bad guy ... I'm all about a bad guy with a motive. I hate when villians just wake up one morning and want to blow up the world for entertainment purposes. I am curious to see where you go with him and his plot, and just how Clark fits into it.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

Just thought I'd answer a couple of points raised in my comments folder.

BJ, I've never understood why people would feel so tortured that they would actually kill people to be avenged on humanity, either. I'm sure there aren't many of those people about in real life, though it does happen.

I claim poetic license in the case of Thomas. wink

TOC, I was hoping that none of my readers would like my villain, but I think you meant that in a slightly different way. smile

A lot of readers don't like A-plots, but I've never been able to write a purely B-plotted story, and I needed a decent, fairly complicated crime so Clark could investigate.

I hope my readers will tolerate Thomas, as I need him to further Clark's journey. smile

Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great installment.

Could you kindly torture us some more, soon grovel .

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I'm taking time to thank people for commenting, as I have a busy day ahead.

I'm hoping I'll be back later to post the new part. I really do intend sticking to my schedule of every Monday. It might be later in the day, though.

Life has been a bit of a killer this week.

Yours Jenni

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Jenni - I thought I'd posted. It's very early and I'm so tired, but I wanted to say I'm still reading - and waiting for part 6!

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jenni help

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard